“Sadly forgotten”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: The Strip
Cross street: Wynn Boulevard
Transit: Las Vegas transit, 24 hours daily.
Description: Botero, the contemporary steakhouse at Encore, has quickly emerged as the prime dining spot in a resort – and moreover a town – famous for its profusion of first-rate options. Chef Mark LoRusso lends his modern touch to all the steakhouse classics, updating familiar and comforting dishes. This stunning rotunda-like space leaves behind the staid, heavy aesthetic associated with chophouses for something sexy, surreal and altogether different. For reservations of parties of 6 or larger, please contact Wynn and Encore Restaurant and Show Reservations toll free at: 1-888-320-7110. Attire is business casual. No shorts or t-shirts, please.
California
“Sadly forgotten”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were looking for a place to eat for special Birthday Dinner. The Hotel concierge and other staff of the hotel recommended Botero. We asked the concierge to make our reservation and said it was a special occasion for Birthday. That same day we stopped in to look at the restaurant and spoked to the host at Botero to request for a window seat and again mentioned special occasion birthday dinner.The atmosphere was great and the window seating which was very nice as well. Botero being a steakhouse we ordered steak of course! My partners steak NewYork Strip was perfect. I ordered a Filet Mignon medium rare with foie gras. The Fois Gras was delicious but my Filet Mignon came out well done. They exchanged my plate for another and this time my steak was too chard on the outside and the meat was really tuff. Half of my steak I could not eat.
This is a steak house and a very expensive steak house therefore the steak has to be top notch. Don't you think? But most important they forgot my partner's birthday. Sadly Forgotten.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank shibumi29

Brussels, Belgium
“great steaks, expensive wine”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

loved the steak with chimi churri. loved the wine too, although rather expensive. excellent service, cool place to be.

Visited June 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana, Usa
“Very nice , BUT ...”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This restaurant is truly fine in many ways , however , there are a couple of things they can improve on.
The first , and most important is the staff. All of the waiters are well trained and seem to know what they need to in order to properly serve the customer , but the one thing that is missing in these youngsters is life experience. It is obvious that these kids don't really want to be here and it shows. The service is very robotic in nature. The waitresses parrot out what is necessary to get things across , but there is no real life in what they say. Their attitude is one of indifference as the menu items are dictated . Also the gay couple that sat next to us seemed to frighten the young waitresses that we're attending them , so much so that we heard them make mention of it.
This problem could be easily solved simply by hiring older , more skilled in life waitresses . A women in her 30s is far more likely not to have many of the hang ups that are found in the youngsters.
Secondly , they need to bring down the wine prices!! I don't mind spending good money on a great wine , but these prices are truly a joke.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Javarama11
Chicago
“Sadly, only average.”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The three of us decided to try this Steakhouse in the Encore. We love to eat, and are not afraid to spend to get top quality food, atmosphere, and service. Unfortunately, Botero, despite their best efforts, fails at achieving the top rung we had hoped to experience.

I do NOT mean to be negative. I'm not upset. But I'm reviewing Botero so you can know what to expect.

We made a reservation to sit outside. The views around the restaurant are the pools and the surrounding grounds. Because of some fluke of nature, all of the heat from the building seems to amplify in the corner where the patio for Botero is located. Now, the night was pleasant, not hot, not humid at all, perfect for outside dining, but after having stepped outside, I would swear they had heaters in operation. Not so. It was HOT! Before being seated, we asked to move inside. Fortunately there was availability, so we sat inside, near the center of the establishment.

The wine list usually is handed to me so I inspected. Sadly, most of the wines were quite pricey, few under $100, and didn't adhere to a diversity which completes ANY wine list worth its paper. The Stag's Leap 2002 Artemis was $126. It's a decent bottle for the money, should be in the $99 area at a restaurant though. We enjoyed it despite it being past its prime.

I started with a wedge salad. It was good, as expected. Nothing particularly amazing, though it's a wedge salad. We all shared the octopus ($24), which was the best part of dinner. There were 5 (I think) pieces which were absolutely incredible. We would come here JUST for this dish. We also shared the Asparagus ($12). Sadly, this is the low point of the dinner. It appeared to be encrusted then deep fried. We didn't finish it. Seems to me the, "breading it, then frying it" mantra should be abandoned at a fine dining restaurant. We also shared the mushrooms ($12). They were also amazing.

We all ordered the 8oz Fillet ($54), medium-rare. They were good. Cooked properly. "Charred" properly. I opted for the Chimichurri rub, delicious. The meat wasn't as tender as I had hoped. We all did finish our steaks, but commented similar misgivings.

With all of my vast dining experience I was, in-fact, disappointed with this venue. If it weren't for the octopus, the mushrooms, and the seemingly attentive but spread too thinly staff, I would have no reason to return.

For me, the fail is the meat. It was prepared properly, but may not have been the best quality. I don't blame the chef for the preparation. Finally, I have not had an impressive steak in Las Vegas, perhaps I will my next visit. Honestly, the best steak was at Top of the World, which is up for review my next visit.

If you found this review helpful, please tap "yes" below.
Thanks,
Dave

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank ExoticDave
“Great steak”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Noisy restaurant, great people watching. The service was solid, the food was on the stodgy side, but the steak was excellent as we're the fresh peas. The wine list is good. But painfully overpriced, very limited options at the $100-200 mark. Overall a great experience.