“A celebration”

We can't find prices for this hotel
El Cortez Cabana Suites
Ranked #109 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
united kingsdom
“A celebration”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Booked in to attend friend's birthday celebration. Cabana suites are across the road from main hotel and casino. Very good booking in, only downside is that they will not take cash for a deposit and they take it not just hold the authorisation. This mmeant that my bank account charged when the item arrived and also when the deposit was returned. I have stayed in several hotels in Las Vegas and have always either paid the cash or my card has been authorised but not drawn down. Perhaps management could look at this.
The suite was comfortable and clean and there was a feeling of safety with the speacial key lock into the receptionarea which had 24 hour staff. I would recommend.

2 Thank margsalady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Riviera Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had room 6108. There are allegedly bigger rooms. This would have been acceptable if they had billed it as "a cute small room with a great bathroom and huge TV," not a "deluxe suite."

PROS
Super-nice staff, every single one. Upper-end glass/tile bathroom, much nicer than usual and slightly more spacious than usual. Huge TV. Cute boutique property in general with stylish lobby. Comfortable bed (but see below). Free safe in room. Two free bottles of water/day. Free parking if you need it. Free fitness room. Free fruit in the lobby. Full time security guard outside to control entry. Free wireless (but see below).

CONS
MICROSCOPIC room. Only 300 square feet, if that. Not even room for a chair - this is far, FAR from a "suite," and smaller than most downtown hotel rooms. Only room for a queen-size bed, very close to the walls. Mildew forming in the shower grout. No internet reception or phone connectivity at any time (day or night) in room 6108. Management unable to correct that problem during our stay.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a full description of the rooms before booking. They are not all suites.
2 Thank toniajr
vancouver, BC Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here when it first opened,..loved it then and still love it....they are maintaining this building to an amazing degree...I mean this is Vegas and imagine how people have passed through since opening...still looks brand new...the room is spacious the bed is to absolutely die for...extra blanket and towel set already in the room..,.I hate needing that one extra something and having to bother someone to bring it up...love the bathroom.....love ths shower...love the big flat screen...love the candies in the lobby and the fruit dishes and a nice cooler of ice water ready when you are...included now is the wifi in room and also little bottles of water each day which i NEVER had to ask for, Not like some places on the strip where the just "forget" to leave them I guess. the casino was a blast...win spend win spend win spend!!! only thing was I didn't read the newsletter in the room which would have told me to swipe my card each day to see if there was anything "extra" to be had...so read that little newsletter you might miss something important...all in all love this place...going back again in December...I won't forget to swipe my players card this time!!! go just go...you won't be disappointed...on a final note our friends who ALWAYS stay strip side came with us...they loved it....they are going back too!

5 Thank bellonda
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed for 9 nights in one of the junior Cabana suites. Liked it. Cool place to stay away from the Strip, but near to the action down town. Convenient secure parking next door and across the street (no need for valet). Friendly ever-changing staff (there is always someone at the front desk). Unlike in some other hotels, the cleaning crew respects the "do not disturb" sign. Rooms are not really sound proof, so you need to be a bit lucky with the other patrons as to the respect of the night rest. One night my above/next neighbour had decided to build a party in his room. Upon my request, front desk reacted quickly with the security staff to restore the night rest. All done with tact and politeness. Internet can be a bit slow at times, but generally works well. Only down point is that the window does not open at all... so, no way to get any fresh air into the room.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are the best.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank pvhpvhpvh
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed here for Viva Las Vagas rockabilly weekender for 7 nights for only $370! Nice decor, very clean, quiet, feels like your at condo not a Vegas hotel room!!
Walking distance to all downtown bars and hotels!!! Parking is across street BUT very secure! AND actually convenient cause you don't have to walk through entire casino to get to car! Takes 2 min :-)! There is security at parking structure entrance, at Cabana Suites building and a receptionist inside!
Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed April 2014
7 Thank MichaelMike805
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I like downtown Vegas and have stayed at El Cortez numerous times. 1st time at Cabana suites. 3 nights in Junior suite then 2 nights in the Super Suite. Both both good stays. Junior suite much smaller than the Super Suite. Refrigerators we nice to have. Lobby was nice. They usually have fruit and candy there for the guests. Was able to stay there extra after checking out and use the Internet until I caught the complimentary shuttle to the Airport.

View from the window was a bit disappointing. I think the only choice for beds are single queens or king. No rooms with two beds unfortuately.

Contrary to a previous review they DO have resort fees. However if you are a Club Cortez member and booked it under one of the offers you receive, mention it on checkout and they may remove the resort charges.

Liked it. Would stay again.

Room Tip: May want to be on a floor other than main.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank ConradB
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed at the El Cortez last year and decided to stay again this year because we had a good experience last year. We decided to pay extra to upgrade to the Cabana Suites this year because they looked so nice. At check in there was only one room available. We were given keys that didn't work. Thankfully there was actually someone at the front desk at the Cabana Suites (there isn't always someone there). She made us new keys and we walked into one of the worst rooms I've ever seen. There was stuff all over the carpet (hadn't been vacuumed), the top sheet on the bed was dirty and had a grainy feel to it. When I pulled back the top sheet, the sheets under it had holes in them - like holes where something had chewed through them. The room was also really dark and even with the windows open the room was dark and dingy. I called the front desk and asked to be switched to a different room. They said to come back over. The front desk supervisor admitted that we had been checked into a room that was dirty. We stayed in the tower last year so I asked if they could just put us in the tower because the "suite" had been so disgusting and dark. Nothing was done to compensate us, only a weak apology offered by the front desk supervisor. (The lady who had checked us into the dirty room was very apologetic and mortified. The front desk supervisor scolded her while I was standing there - not very professional.) So we ended up paying a lot more for a cabana suite and not given any compensation for taking a cheaper room instead. Our first night continued to get worse with our experience at the Café Cortez. If their special is sweet and sour chicken, do NOT order it. It's frozen store-bought chicken nuggets soaked in sweet and sour sauce. I couldn't eat it. Our waitress didn't even bother to ask why I hadn't touched my food, just said "you want a box?" Cashier was too involved with her phone call to ask how our dinner was.

Our 2nd day here we didn't encounter any issues but due to how our check-in experience was handled I will not book at El Cortez again. I'd pay more for a better hotel next time.

Room Tip: Stay in a tower room or stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple