Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$378
US$204
Official Site
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$214
US$198
US$153
  • Pool
Excalibur Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)
US$107
US$67
  • Restaurant
ARIA Resort & Casino(Las Vegas)
US$225
US$181
  • Restaurant
Vdara Hotel & Spa(Las Vegas)
US$188
US$144
  • Restaurant
Luxor Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$113
  • Restaurant
Bellagio Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$236
US$192
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$112
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$226
Orbitz.com
6,397 results
All reviewsmozen bistrosky lobbyvalet closetcityscape roombath saltsstrip view suitepool cafefour seasonsturn down serviceluxury hotelother hotelspool staffhigh techin room diningsteam roomremote controlsoaking tub
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This place is nothing short of extraordinary. It's over the top, even by Mandarin Oriental standards (and I've stayed in a few). The decor can leave you speechless. Real elegance. Which is something to say in Vegas, where faux elegance rules. The rooms are sumptuously decorated. The views are outstanding. Located in the City Center complex, which is a whole other experience in sensory overload.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing south, for best Strip views.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We had a business trip the first week of June and it just so happened to take place in this lovely hotel. We drove all the way from Los Angeles and at first, pulling into the driveway was a bit daunting. Four different signs separate four different places in ONE driveway... (take the far left to get to valet). That being said, the staff and valet were super accommodating and friendly.
We had an incredible view of the strip and had access to a beautiful pool area... once again, I can't compliment the staff enough for their friendliness and knowledge of the area.

Pros-
Room styling
Staff
Pure "Cool Vegas" feeling
Huge bath tub
Tiny valet closet
Valet ease, (a bit pricey) however, you can park up the ramp at Aria if you don't mind the walk

Cons-
Coffee makers in room???
Toilet is ONLY separated from bath with sliding translucent glass door
Two elevators required to get to your room (safety issue, I'm sure)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank H H
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We stayed here for three midweek nights and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel.With only about 350 rooms and no gaming, we found it a welcome refuge from the craziness of of the other luxurious and well know hotels on the Strip. The fact that it is emphatically non-smoking in all areas and rooms was also an attribute that we enjoyed.

My wife hadn't been to Las Vegas for many years, and wanted to visit all of the major hotels, so we did that. Sitting back and evaluating all of them as we wait for our flight home, we offer the following observations. If you are into dining and shows, the Mandarin has a great central location. The Four Seasons is beautiful and if you like gaming and pool/water activities would be a better choice than the Mandarin. It's at the Mandaly Bay Resort, and Mandaly has a very nice gaming area and an amazing multiple pool area. I've stayed at both The Venetian and Bellagio and enjoyed both of them. In my opinion, The Ventian has a slightly more energetic "personality" of the two, but I preferred Bellagio. You couldn't go wrong with either. I'm not a fan of Caesar's--it's just too huge and is teeming with hordes of people, but everyone's different. I've also hear good things about it new Octavious Tower at Caesar's.

In any event, while in Las Vegas, consider dining at Twist in the Mandarin Oriental. It was great!

In conclusion, we have zero complaints about the Mandarin and will return to it on our next visit to Las Vegas.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve421
Reviewed 29 June 2012

The MO Las Vegas is my new favourite in LV. Having stayed at the Wynn, Encore, Palazzo, Venetian, Caesars, Aria, Palazzo, Planet Hollywood, MGM, the Luxor, the Rio, New York New York, and Harrah's, this property is a completely different experience. I was in town to meet up with my friends, relax, and play some poker. The MO definitely made it a great experience.

As in the Macau property, there is no casino in this hotel. It is best described as an oasis amongst all the flashing lights, riff raff, and glitz and glam of the strip, yet convenient enough to be a quick walk into Crystals for shopping, or the Aria for a casino experience. It is a smaller hotel than many of the rest and was much less chaotic than even some of the VIP host check-in areas at some of the other properties.

Greeted by the doorman upon arrival, I was escorted towards the elevator to check in on the 23rd floor. Even though I probably didn't need it, I very much enjoyed sitting on the bench on the way up. What a surprise when I arrived. There is a huge glass window window behind the reception counter with an awesome view of the strip. I was greeted immediately and checked in by Nancy (I remember her name because she remembered mine every single day I was there, greeting me by name). I then took the guest room elevators down to my room. I was in the cityscape room and it was a nice size for myself, but would be great for a couple as well. The bathroom is spacious with a soaker tub, and most of the features such as music, automatic shades, tv, etc can be run from a touch screen located beside the bed.

Room service was extremely prompt. It arrived EXACTLY at the time I wanted it on four different occasions. Each time, I received a phone call alerting me when the food was outside the door. The staff member pleasantly let me know that the gratuity was included already, even though there was a line for "tip" on the chit. Again, extremely courteous staff who must have had excellent training.

The only restaurant I tried was MOzen. Sushi was quite good, but the roll had a bit too much rice for my liking. Definitely pricey, however, at about $65 for 2 orders of sushi, a roll, and a green tea.

The spa experience was great. Excellent facilities, very friendly concierge, helpful host, and comfortable massage service. The men's locker area had a theme shower, a room with hot tiles to lie on, a dry sauna, a steam room, a small spa pool with individual seats, and a relaxation area. All of this overlooked the strip via one-sided glass.

I was fortunate enough to be given the house S class Benz for a couple of short trips out by Walter, a very happy and pleasant member of the MO team. He greeted me with a huge smile every time I entered or exited the property. While staff at other hotels seem to be expecting tips, I never got this feeling at the MO. I was very happy to tip the doormen, the check-in staff, the driver, room service staff, and spa staff. Each time, I was told how much it was appreciated.

Relative to other MO properties, the LV rates seem to be much lower because of the surrounding competition, even though it may cost more than some of the neighbouring properties. If you are looking for an amazing hotel experience that doesn't make you feel like just another number and that allows you to escape the madness of LV, but is close enough to walk right into it, I can't recommend a property better than the MO.

Room Tip: I personally chose a non-strip view in case of noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank JnAfromYYZ
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We loved our stay at the Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas. The room was beautiful with a wonderful bathtub and great Aromatherpy bath products.
We spent a day in a pool cabana which was relaxing and fun. They have both a fan and a cooling mist, so that even though it was 110 in Las Vegas we were comfortable. They also give you soft drinks, plus iced tea and lemonade and a fruit bowl. It was a very enjoyable day.
We liked the MOZen bistro both for breakfast and lunch. They have a special vegan and gluten free menu including pancakes and waffles.
It was great to come back to the soothing and calm hotel after experiencing Las Vegas.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family