“7 out of 5 Stars”

Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Ranked #3 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This is an excellent hotel. The architecture, layout, staff, and atmosphere are perfect. It is in the heart of the strip but it is secluded and quiet. The valet staff was very helpful and the front desk staff were top notch- all as expected from Mandarin Oriental personnel.

We stayed in a suite and I can honestly say that we could not find one thing wrong with it. The highlights were definitely the ultra-comfy bed, the huge deep tub, the wake up "system" that controlled the lights, curtains and atmospheric music before bed and when set for wake up.

If you are in Vegas and you want perfect accommodations (I don't give hotels the "perfect" often) I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I strongly recommend the Suites
1  Thank Keeaden
Mandarin O, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of all our colleagues at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, I want to thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay.

I’m delighted that you found comfort in your guest room and appreciate the positive feedback about your experience while staying in one of our suites.

Thank you choosing Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Kind regards,

Susanne Hatje

Reviewed 30 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental for 7 days and I have stayed at 5 star hotels all over the world and this was the best. The hotel is an oasis of calm in a busy, highly commercial city. I loved that it did not have a casino and so allowed us to rest and re-charge after a day in the city. The rooms were well appointed, beautifully decorated and I loved the bathroom with the deep tub and the shower. The staff were all extremely courteous and from the front desk, to the servers, to the maids and the front door, all were devoted to making sure we had the best experience possible. I was running late for a Cirque de Soleil show at the MGM and was dropping my car off at the hotel. Upon hearing I was late, the valet offered to drive me over in the hotel car. He got me there is about 5 minutes and I made the show. He asked for nothing in return and seemed delighted to help me out. I had numerous occasions where the staff and the hotel management went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and make sure I had the best possible experience with their hotel. Outstanding!!!

Room Tip: The strip view is great! All the rooms are very quiet. We loved the cabana by the pool - it had a...
1  Thank Allan611
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This is a world class hotel right on the strip. Valet parking and check-in seamless. Took the $50 offer to upgrade to strip view room. Right call! Floor to ceiling window looking down on the neon-lit strip. Room was luxurious, curtains, tv, a/c controlled from small panel by bed, hi-tech but functional.

Outdoor pool on 8th floor with bar and catering was pure pleasure.

We had to check out early (4 30am) for flight, but even at that time there were three cheerful people manning the desk and our car was ready as we left.

OK the hotel is not cheap but it was money well spent.

Room Tip: High floor, strip view for a great experience
1  Thank paul6111
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This hotel does it right. Rooms are fantastic and the service impeccable. Thumbs up. The bar and high tea are wonderful, and the pool is perfect. Hide from the stripe and escape. The staff know exactly when to assist and when to fade into the background. We I'll be coming back for sure.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time for your comments. We greatly appreciate the feedback and I will be sure to share your kind words with my colleagues. Thank you for the “thumbs up!” and we’re delighted you enjoyed the bar, tea and pool areas of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas.

Kind Regards,

Susanne Hatje

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Great location, it has both tub and shower in the bathroom, and it's right next to Louis Vuitton stores. The only draw back is you have to switch elevators. When you come from your hotel room floor, you had to go to 3rd floor or 23rd lobby floor, then take another elevator all the way down. There is no direct elevator down from your hotel floor. Other than that, awesome.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2012

The Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, is the hotel to stay at if you wish to stay away from the crowds you find in the hotels with the casinos. It is an elegant, unassuming and excellent hotel. Everything, from the check-in experience to the room to the check-out is flawless and done by helpful and friendly staff. We booked a show, dinner and babysitter through the concierge, as well as spa treatments, and changed the babysitter more than once. Everything was done with a smile on their faces, and nothing was too big a favour to ask for. The restaurant staff, especially Kenneth, were excellent. On the second day of our stay, during breakfast, he remembered our order of the previous day, and knew exactly how we liked our coffee and tea. It is a quiet hotel - a big relief after going to a place like MGM or Bellagio! I would stay there again and again.

Room Tip: The hotel is built in such a way that the rooms on both side have a great view of Las Vegas Boulevar...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Beautiful hotel. Fantastic staff. Fantastic service. Fantastic rooms. Fantastic everything. Only disappointment was the music round the pool which was annoying and totally not relaxing. If people want music they will use their iPod. switch off the music please it's annoying and too loud and certainly not to my taste and I guess the majority of other guest's taste.

1  Thank Rachel L