Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
ARIA Sky Suites(Las Vegas)
Rodeway Inn(Las Vegas)
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grand Chateau(Las Vegas)
Jockey Club(Las Vegas)
6,357 results
All reviewsmozen bistrosky lobbyvalet closetcityscape roombath saltsstrip view suitepool cafefour seasonsturn down serviceluxury hotelother hotelspool staffhigh techin room diningsteam roomremote controlsoaking tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We loved this chic quiet non-gaming hotel. All service impeccable and could not be faulted. The staff go the extra mile without having to be asked. Lovely touches like petals left on bed covers and towels each night. Complimentiary selection of teas plus provided all the usual shower gels, shampoo, body lotion (all smelling very nice of lemongrass), vanity kit and even hair straightners which I was very impressed with!!!!

Decor very calming and bed very comfy. Our room was spacious and had great views of the MGM and New York New York part of the strip.

Pool area completely relaxing - 2 good sized swimming pools, 1 dipping pool and a jacuzzi type tub. No queues for beds (hurray!), music playing but not loud - just really chilled which is what we were looking for. The only annoying thing which seems to be the same at most hotels is that smoking is allowed around the pool area. It would be better if smokers had a designated area but at least the hotel itself is non-smoking.
Breakfasts a bit expensive but filling. We tried the bistro - good service, good food but lacking a view which was a shame.

The view of the strip from the Cocktail bar was amazing - interesting cocktails. If you want a window seat I would try and book in advance.

Would reccommend having a massage here - my partner and I had the couples Water Dragon one and the girls were really expert in the massage they gave - came out feeling VERY relaxed. The actual spa itself is ok unfortunately it was not mixed which we did not realise before we booked so could not relax together in the different experience showers/steam and sauna rooms.

All in all a very pleasant 3 nights stay at the end of our fabulous holiday. If we came back to Vegas we would definitely stay at this hotel again because it was an absolute pleasure.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Really enjoyed the whole experience. We hose the premier room and we had a great view over the Strip. Room was spacious and housekeeping and turn down service were spot on. Room and bathroom were spacious and everything you would expect from MO. There was a lack of drawer space though. Used the spa for hair and make up Shannon as very good. The pool is small and quiet and food and service at the pool cafe is great too. We ate at Twist and the cafe and the service and food are good at both. Views from the bar on the 23rd floor are superb. Well worth a visit. The only rather odd negative is the complimentary tea and coffee being available 6-8am. Who is up that early in Vegas! Seriously a great alternative place to stay if you like to evade the crowds from the casino. Would highly recommend

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LizA058
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Stayed here for 2nights, Great welcome from door staff and front desk.

Standard room is massive. Pool area was a welcome treat and pool staff were very accommodating.

Bar on 23rd floor was fabulous and they served great drinks.

We will be back to this hotel!! No casino on site was a welcome bonus, Aria is just next door and is my favourite on the strip anyhow.

Couple of negative points to mention, (normally wouldn't but for the room price of this hotel compared to others in Vegas feel these are justified)

Half used toiletries in bathroom on arrival.
Newspapers never delivered, both mornings.
Room not made up when returning to room at 6pm (privacy light was not on, managed to restock mini bar tho!)
Complimentary coffee only served till 8am, come on!!! this is ridiculous, at least provide some in room coffee. (Tea is so why not coffee)

these are of course minor but perhaps the Hotel can take this feedback on board and make simple changes to improve the overall experience. As I have said the stay was great and all staff were extremely courteous and professional.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This place is first class all the way. The location is great...just steps away from the Strip and quick access to other hotel/casinos. Despite being right on the Strip it's very quiet and serene. Rooms are fantastic. You will not find better hospitality and customer service anywhere. The staff is very friendly from the lobby desk to the in-room dining staff to the pool. The housekeeping staff even put a Mandarin Oriental bookmark to mark the page in my book since I had none! The lobby bar has great views of the Strip and a tasty signature cocktail. We have stayed here two consecutive trips to Vegas, and I think that trend will continue!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I just finished my third stay three-night stay in three years at this hotel in September 2012, and this review is mostly about the recent trip though is a bit of a composite review of a number of hotel services. i can't say enough good things about this hotel and consider it the best hotel in Las Vegas, and possibly one of the best in the world - certainly, great value.

My standard room reservation ($205 nine months before, $295 about three weeks before stay) was booked through Amex Fine Hotels which includes continental breakfast credits for two, as well as a $100 spa credit and possible upgrade, if available. Upon check-in, I was upgraded to a strip view room. In the past, I have also enjoyed a strip view room on a 3 for 2 Amex special (no upgrade), but the cost was about the same. Like many of the strip hotels, they charge a $25 hotel fee on top of the room fee to cover newspaper, wireless internet, gym access, exercise classes, and shoe shine.

I've previously stayed at Four Seasons (pre-renovation), MGM, THE Hotel, Mirage, Bellagio (new tower room), Caesar's (new tower room), Luxor and Mandalay Bay.

The difference between the MO and all other LV hotels is simple: they have given more thought to your stay than any other hotel, both in their rooms and their service. I personally think that the lack of a casino provides them with a greater incentive to provide better service than other hotels in the area.

Regarding the physical layout of the hotel, check-in has been been seamless. Often, I am asked my name upon entering the front door, and by the time I arrive up on the elevator to the 23rd floor reception, my reservation has been puled already for me. On this past trip, they even made a note of the newspaper that I had requested in the past and asked me if I'd like it again.

The room itself is not huge, but enough space and a nice layout. Included in the room is a technology kit for foreign/business travelers, iron and ironing board, yoga mat, tv in the main room, tv in the bathroom mirror, a tremendous variety of tv channels (including nfl network, golf network, fox soccer, fox atlantic, fox central, fox pacific, hbo, hbo2, hbo family, cinemax and even the flyte channel which allows one to track incoming and departing flights at LAS airport). The room has a slider between the bathroom and main room, and comes with full technology regarding window shades, sheer blinds and the whole room (tv, lights) is controlled by a tablet.

The spa is fantastic (about 6-7 different stations including a rest room, warm room, steam, hot bath, cold bath, different rain showers), has won a number of awards and is a real first class facility. The spa charge was $50 per day in 2011 and the treatments are a bit expensive, but if booked through Amex Fine Hotels, a $100 credit is included. The pool is also wonderful - we rented two cabanas our first day for eight of us, and half the group rented another one on the next day. I saw one child there on each of the two days, the pool was about 80% full on Saturday in September, and 50% full on Sunday. The pool service, background music, layout and other amenities are exceptional.

The hotel lobby bar while a bit expensive (drinks are $15-$20) is amazing. The view at sunset is 180 degrees and spectacular up and down the strip. I highly recommend going here at least one night before going out to dinner, and of course the cilantro and cucumber margarita while there.

There are so many small instances of exceptional service while at this hotel (including the breakfast attendant remembering my name by the third morning (and not asking for it), employees constantly calling me by my last name, offering a to-go up of coffee at the end of breakfast, warming that the eggs are slightly undercooked upon ordering, exceptionally competent phone operators, that it becomes quickly clear that the employees at the MO are not only trained to do their job, but to anticipate issues related to their job that guests might have. I cannot say enough about their exceptional service.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone considering a luxury hotel in Las Vegas.

A few traveler's tips: (i) there is an Avis car rental in the Monte Carlo next door, (ii) Aria's indoor pool can be accessed in the winter when the MO's pool is closed, (iii) Aria's has a number of great upper/medium restaurants, Sage being their best, and (iv) their is a convenient quick walk to Caesar's through Aria, Vdara, Bellagio and Caesar's that avoids the strip and all the lights and ups and downs along the way.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends