“Quiet luxury on the strip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas

Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Ranked #1 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
“Quiet luxury on the strip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

Located at city center location is on the strip . Beautiful hotel with friendly and attentive staff . While there is no casino aria cosmopolitan bellagio all next door 10 minute walk if that . Hotel was clean and staff always mentioned you by name . My only issue would be the gym while adequate for most the fitness fanatics / gym rats would need more I happen to be one of those. I definitely would recommend for its privacy. The rooms are very comfortable and surroundings tranquil. I will be a repeat customer but probably no more than 2 days I need a hardcore gym aria cosmopolitan encore have the best gyms on the strip if you're a gym rat .

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,181)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

I couldn't believe how nice this place was. It's close to all the main attractions and the decor was very nice! I honestly can't complain about one thing! The staff was friendly and I felt comfortable in my suite! Will recommend and will revisit!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Abuja, Nigeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed as a couple and had the most amazing stay. Everything was excellent, the staff very polite and helpful. The spa is the best kept secret in Vegas. My husband and I totally had a nice time. We are already planning a next trip. Ths has to be the best hotel in Vegas. An oasis in the middle of all the lights and gambling that is Vegas

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Phoenix
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

Upsides: it's a quiet hotel with a calm pool area and few or no kids. This was great.
Downsides: service just not up to standards at other luxury hotels like Four Seasons,-
On checkin room wasn't ready and no late check out available. Front desk made a big deal of taking my number and advised they would call to let us know when room was ready.
Apparently they forgot. So after a late lunch and nearly 2 hours, we called back, and oops they forgot to call. Not a big deal, but now hotel was willing to allow late check out.
I really don't like it when I'm paying premium prices $500+ and get dicked around over something like late chechout.

Room service brought breakfast to my door which was great except I hadn't ordered any! This wasn't a mistake by the server, apparently internal order taker charged me in the wrong room! Server had no idea who had ordered the food and wandered off....

On checkout reviewed the bill to ensure that I wasn't charged for the breakfast,- I wasn't but while all fess and taxes and charges were included, hotel forgot the bed&breakfast 56$ food credit. Oops

Hotel is nice and quiet, but so is Four Seasons, and for the same price FS gets it right without the oops.....

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

We stayed late August 2012. We enjoyed our stay and have praise for the decor, room and staff. However, I have to say, alas, it was all very "generic". We could have been anywhere - say Hong Kong, Singapore etc. It was not a very "Vegas" hotel. Also, we had our 2 young children with us. There were no other children to be seen so we kept a discreet and low profile. However, it wasn't until we'd all been in the pool for a good half an hour that I saw a sign saying children were only allowed in the pool for 10 minutes. Ten minutes? Poor kids to be so discriminated against on a hot day! I don't think I'd stay here again. I'd rather have a hotel with a volcano or a shark aquarium or dancing fountain next time I visit so that I know for certain that I'm in Vegas.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the strip.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Freya M
Mandarin O, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for valuable feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to complete a review of Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas.

Regarding your concerns about the signage posted at our pool, pre Clark County Health and Safety Code we are required to post signs on our Pool Deck, which recommend limited exposure time to the temperatures found in the Jacuzzi for children less than 12 years of age. I do apologize for any misunderstanding or inconvenience this may have caused as we in no way intended for you to feel as if your children are unwelcome. Please do rest assured that we are delighted to welcome our guest and their children to Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas and strive to make their stay with us a delightful and memorable experience.

Once again thank you for taking the time to provided us with your feedback, and if you wish to further discuss your concerns please do contact me directly at molas-gm@mohg.com.

Clifford W. Atkinson
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

This hotel is a total quiet oasis in the middle of the LV strip. The staff goes out of their way to make sure you have what you need. If you are looking for the best service in Las Vegas look no further. There is no casino, no party and no noise, so if that's what you want go elsewhere. If you want to relax, have wonderful service and get treated like royaly MO is the best of the best. We stayed at Encore and you cannot compare the two, MO wins by a mile.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ScubaOcean
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

My wife and I, along with family accompanying us had the pleasure of staying at the Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas during a 4 day trip. Trying to avoid the noise of a traditional Vegas Hotel, where you are forced to walk through the casino, even to get to one's rooms, but still stay in a full service hotel, we have stayed in the Four Seasons in the past. As that was booked, and there extensive reports of shabby service and bed bugs at our initial choice (the Lexor), we changed to the Mandarin 5 days before our arrival. Staying at this property was a wonderful experience. The decor was modern, with just about every control system for lights, curtains, and the extensive entertainment system. The food, from room service, to the more casual restaurant on the 3rd floor, was OUTSTANDING. In addition, the staff, from check in, to check out, including housekeeping, matenance, doormen, bellmen, and waiters, were extremely well trained, personal, and gave oustanding service without "hovering" around us. A great trip, and a wonderful hotel experience.... Having traveled through much of our world, we consider this one of the top three hotels in which we have stayed (the others being the Adlon (Berlin), and the Cavelieri Hilton (Rome).

Room Tip: Strip view slightly better than city view, but in my opinion not worth the extra cost. City view wi...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends