“Went for business but it was all my pleasure”

Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Ranked #3 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Sonoma Valley, California
“Went for business but it was all my pleasure”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I am just back after a fast 2 days at Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas. I was there for a 2 day meeting in one of their suites with 4 others and from the time we checked in to departure it was more than I expected - and I am not a pushover since I live luxury hotels every day. The opulent lobby at first impression set the stage for 2 marvelous days. The rooms are equipped with every luxury I could have imagined, the service was spot on - personal, attentive, not overdone and even when I didn’t express the need someone was asking or suggesting just the right thing - even to the delicious house Mercedes S500 ride that was offered to whisk us back to the airport. The Spa experience is one of the best in the US – seriously, you owe it to yourself.

Can’t wait to return when I am not working. I’m a FAN!

Room Tip: Go fo rthe strip view - it feels like you are sleeping with the Eiffel Tower
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank BHG04

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,217)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Glad that I selected this hotel for my holiday in Vegas. No regrets, only praises. 15 things I like about the hotel and listed below:

1) No casino in the hotel
2) More refined hotel guests
3) Friendly, cheeful and very helpful staffs
4) Quiet and peaceful
5) Lobby smells great
6) Few options for restaurants
7) Nice bar with friendly bartender and great view plus an interesting selection of cocktails
8) Comfy bed and pillows
9) Unlimited complimentary bottled water
10) Control the room lights, temperature, curtains and everything with the TV remote control
11) Real-time flights schedule checking on the TV
12) Sizeable bathroom
13) Good quality toiletries - Shanghai Tang
14) Excellent spa facilities and services
15) More than value for money

What I didn't like?? Only 2 things

1) No free wi-fi service
2) Housekeeping could be improved as certain areas in the bathroom were dusty, such as the stool in the bathroom, the towel rack. Dusty.

Highly recommend to anyone who wants some peacefulness and tranquility in the madness of Vegas. After a day of the noise and actions in the Strip, I was glad to go back to some serenity and tranquility that the hotel provided. 90 out 0f 100 points

I'm a happy customer for sure!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Silkysultry
Hong Kong
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I don't often give a 4 star rating. But arriving in this hotel after a 20-hour trip you appreciate the value of this property.

I like how it's quiet with a secluded entrance. It's professional and luxurious. While a bit pricey, I suppose it's worth the quality and service MO provides.
The rooms are a good size. A bit on the glitzy side though compared to other MO hotels but I guess it's the theme in LV.
Only shortcoming was the lack of newspaper after having been asked what I wanted.
Other than that, nothing really to compain about. Treat yourself and book at the MO.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Ok..I'm not a Vegas person - and I know many friends who also avoid sin city and only travel here on business. And while I'm here on business this time, I'm online now booking a return flight for leisure and for one reason - my stay at this hotel! Let's face it, Las Vegas goes to a lot of effort to entertain those visiting here and while it can be over the top, you've got to see it but you might not want to try and rest, rejuvenate in the middle of it.
So I'd come back to Vegas with friends for a girlfriends getaway - see shows, dine in some of the best restaurants in the world and completely restore my wellness and reduce my stress by indulging in the spa here....WORLD CLASS!!! - funny that I'm speaking of reducing stress and wellness while in Vegas right? - only Mandarin Oriental can deliver that.
And I'd come back with my teenage children to show them the sites of Vegas but retreat to this jewel of a hotel.
Staff - first rate, friendly, anticipates my every need...love that they say "welcome home" when I walk in the front door,
Guestrooms - six star! - franky surpasses the Mandarin Oriental NYC at a fraction of the price. I'd book a room here just to check in and take a bath in the egg shaped deep soaking tub.
Amenities - EVERY little detail is covered, diffuser attachment to hairdryer, flat iron, espresso machine...I could go on and on and on...but my Sunday NY times was just delivered to my guestroom as I'm still here and I need to lounge in my cloud of a bed overlooking the dynamic city center and unwind before my business starts for the day.
See you soon though Mandarin LV!----p.s. bar with views, amazing wine by the glass list and two phenomenal restaurants!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Christine G
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed 6 January 2013

My fiancé and myself stayed here over Christmas everything was flawless Fromm 5* service, concierge where great, room has everything and I had the best Asian Indian meal in a long time, it's a perfect location with MGM, new york, belagio just around corner but a quiet get away as it doesnt have a casino, when I return to Vegas I would not entertain staying anywhere else, my only fault was a drunk person getting his rooms mixed up at 1am and woke us both up, we went out till 5am and won $300 so I must thank him. The head concierge was very knowledgable and our waiter at dinner was very tentative with out over doing it, love this hotel will be hard to beat apparat from another mandarin resort

Room Tip: Great views all round room has every aminty lovely drinks at bar on 23rd floor
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Surrey
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Wow what a find - this was a first time trip to Vegas and this hotel was indeed a fab oasis in a mad desert of lights and people - our room was amazing with a great view of the strip it was like watching the world through a fantastic ever changing lens - the hotel was first class no casino which after spending time in the other hotels which were noisy, smokey and mega busy the MO was the perfect choice for us the levels of service and quality of food, bedlinen, staff was really good - every time we left we could not wait to return

Room Tip: Strip view only room as you can be part of Vegas without the madness
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We spent six nights over the New Year 2013 and had a wonderful time.Could not have asked for more. Since its only two hundred something rooms,service is excellent and concierge service is quite personal.Previously we loved The Four Seasons at The Mandalay but The Mandarin at City complex exceeded it in every way. First,the location is excellent right at the center of all activities,casino ,shops and shows. Service is excellent.Although you need to use valet park everytime you return as there is no parking area.Reception is on 23rd floor,can be a little inconvience as you have to use another set of elevators to go down to your room. The room itself is quite superb quite nicely decorated in an apartment like interior with desk area and stand up bar.We had a larger size room,there is walk in closet and quite spacious bathroom area.All with the latest in gadgets,remote control TV functions that can turn on or off everything in the room,blinds,lights,temps etc. Although my wife says the closet and drawers do not give her enough space to put her clothes in. Breakfast on 3rd floor was wonderful and gym with comp.goya lessons were something of an unexpected .Although they add a resort fee to your daily room rate,it come with free wifi and gym. We would prefer they do this than charging it for extra. All in all we really enjoy our stay and also watching the New Year firework from the lounge on the 23rd floor where they turned the reception area into a band and DJ for the party area for guests. We would definitely stay here next time we return to LV.

Room Tip: Request for high floor facing city center strip.We were on 4+1 (four nights +one comp.night)quite go...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple