“Best hotel I've ever stayed at!”

Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Ranked #2 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best hotel I've ever stayed at!”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Mandarin in Las Vegas is the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Every person went out of their way to make sure our stay was great. The rooms and view were amazing. We won't stay anywhere in Vegas again. Loved the staff, restaurants, and rooms. The pool is beautiful and the staff was very friendly. Mozen had great service and outstanding food.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank koko1109

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,241)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
UK
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This ranks in one of my all time top 3 hotels of all time and I've been very lucky to stay at some of the best. All members of staff I encountered were super friendly and wonderfully helpful. I am unable to mention them all by name, but of particular note were Haley, the bell staff, and the breakfast restaurant staff. The housekeeping staff were exemplary, as well as the staff in the pool cafe. The spa treatment in the spa was fantastic and the unexpected use of the house car for our return to the airport was a wonderful surprise.

An oasis of calm in a very hectic city - if I were to ever return to LV, I would really struggle to book somewhere else.

The spa is sublime, the rooms have great views, we stayed in a junior suite. I just loved it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lorraine1970
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Excellent service, accommodating staff, great location, perfect for business and leisure travel.
Beautiful appointed large rooms with complimentary WIFI, wonderful beds. Huge bathroom with oval shaped free standing tub, double sinks, separate shower and WC.
Best hotel bar and view of Las Vegas on 23rd floor. Amazing two story spa, best pedicure and foot massage I ever had. Complimentary yoga classes, excellent gym.
Here is no casino, which makes it a home away from home.
Complimentary luxury car and chauffeur service upon availability..

Room Tip: Make sure you specify bed preference when you make reservation, as they have limited rooms with two...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank JLo2295
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Having stayed in a number of the main strip hotels I felt like a change. The mandarin did not disappoint. The service is the best in town, the rooms are the best in town and the spa is out of this world and blows any other that I have visited out the water. I suppose it's rival is the Wynn but you can get a good deal here and we got a upgrade and check in which I doubt you would get anywhere else. What I would say however is that although this is a brilliant hotel if you want a true Vegas experience don't stay here. No casino and a long walk from the main part of the strip plus a lack of a number of restaurants. In fact the restaurants that are here are very good. I am not saying these are bad things at all its just you could be anywhere in the world to be honest. First time to Vegas, go to the strip but second timers like me go here every time because it's one of the best hotels in America.

Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Midge651
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Let's face it, Las Vegas is not known for sophistication in general. You hear things like an adult disneyland or think about the Hangover movie. If this is not what you are looking for but want stylish sophistication, stay at the Mandarin Oriental. The lobby is on one of the upper levels, overlooking the strip, but as soon as the elevators open, the quiet serenity of the hotel greets you into this oasis of quiet and calm. There is no casino in the hotel, or even a slot machine to try and pry the last quarters from your pockets and the hotel staff are as equally poised and elegant as the hotel. The room was fantastic with a wall of windows the entire length of the long narrow room, including in the bathroom. The electric blinds allow for you to be as open or secluded as you wish. The hotel is located just below the Aria and directly across the street from the indoor, high fashion mall with designers including Prada, Balanciaga and jewelery stores that will also take you up the strip several blocks, indoors, which is key in the hot summer months.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandy s
Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hotel is amazing! The service is top shelf. I knew we were going to enjoy our stay and have no problems as soon as we arrived. On arrival we were greeted by the door men who promptly took our car and Key and told us they would unpack everything in our car and have it waiting for us in the room upon our arrival. When we checked in at the front desk on the 23rd floor we were greeted not only by an amazing view of the city but we were given hot towels to "freshen up with" and two small cups of hot tea. The Asian theme is consistent throughout the hotel. Since it is not a casino you don't have to deal with loud music and cigarette smoke which was the main reason I picked this hotel. As soon as we finalized our paperwork at the front desk we went to our room to find the bellman waiting for us. All of the belongings in our car (from a week's worth of traveling) had been neatly placed in our room, there was ice in the ice bucket, bottled water on the night stands, and the bellman stayed to show us how to work the technically in our room that controlled everything from lights, music, window shades, etc. The room as well as the entire hotel was clean and smelled fresh. The bed was extremely comfortable! I loved the floor to ceiling windows. It was relaxing just to lay in bed in the evening and look out over the city and all it's lights. Once you had enough you just simply pushed the proper buttons on the bedside ipad and the window shades shut, music and TV could be turned off, and the lights shut off without having to get out of bed. The bathroom was very spacious with fantastic lighting in the dressing and vanity area. It had a large open floor plan with glass walls around the rain head shower and large soaking tub. I had a corner room that gave extensive views of the strip from any area in the room. The little extras made this hotel stay so enjoyable. I mentioned just briefly when I booked this hotel over 5 months ago that this trip was a surprise for my husband's birthday and when we arrived the front desk welcomed him for his birthday and in the room we found a special dessert plate and card welcoming him on his special occasion. I was surprised they even remembered that since I just mentioned it in passing. Other special touches were the rose petals in the tub area, bath salts, a hair dryer, flattening iron, soaps and shampoos. Ice every night in the ice bucket, a technology kit that contained every type of cord you would require for your devices, a small jewelry box on the bathroom vanity which was great to put you jewelry in at bedtime, an assortment of tea and a tea pot to heat hot water, just to mention a few. I can't say enough about how wonderful this hotel was. I would definitely stay there again. I was sorry we couldn't stay longer. Our stay was relaxing, luxurious, pampered and everything you want for a special occasion. I am already anxiously awaiting our next trip to a Mandarin Oriental hotel anywhere in the world!

Room Tip: The corner room as high up as possible was wonderful. They call it the City Scape King Corner room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 210DonnaS
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is my third stay (September 2) at the Mandarin Oriental in Las Vegas this year and fourth overall.

One of the main reasons I come to Las Vegas is just so I can stay at the Mandarin Oriental. I have relatives who live in Las Vegas and have offered me to stay at their home. I have graciously declined their offer three straight times now because I truthfully told them I'd rather stay at the Mandarin Oriental. I invited them to come visit me at the Mandarin, which they did, and now they understand why.

My most recent stay was a fun trip with my buddies and we stayed at another hotel. I extended my stay one more day after they all left just so I can relish my "shrine" called Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas.

As usual, the staff never misses a beat when it comes to superb and genuine service. The valet/front door personnel are all so hospitable and welcoming; special mention to Josh at the door and Walter the driver. Great job! I've always requested early check-in and every time it's been accommodated. The fastest was a 30 minute wait and the longest was 1.5 hours. I had one of my rooms ready as early as 11:30 a.m. Check in is a breeze; somewhere between 3 to 5 minutes and I'm on my way to my room.

Tip: the TV embedded in the bathroom mirror comes with a remote control. However, the volume control is not in the remote control unit but is a knob on the mirror panel near the TV.

Spa. I had the good fortune to get Jonsie again for my Mahjong Balance treatment. I had her for my previous treatment in July and she is as consistent, thorough, and perfect in everything she does. It's been 4 days since she did my treatment and I'm still relaxed. Wow. Chad, Oliver, Kal, Jacob and the rest of the staff at the Spa are always gracious and pleasant. You never feel rushed and they give you your space for peace and relaxation.

Tip: if you reserve a Spa treatment in advance, you can request to have a specific therapist that you like to do your treatment.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo