“Beautiful & luxurious - it doesn't feel like Vegas at all!”

Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Ranked #2 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Newport Beach, California
“Beautiful & luxurious - it doesn't feel like Vegas at all!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I recently spent two nights here on a work/play trip with my boyfriend and adored it! It's so quiet, serene, and luxurious that you don't feel like you're in the hustle and bustle of Vegas at all. We stayed in a Mandarian Premier King room and I was blown away by the size of it. It also had an absolutely massive bathtub, which I loved. The service was also top notch; everyone from the front desk staff to the spa was so polite, friendly, and helpful. It's pricey (for example, $80 for room service breakfast for two) but worth it, in my opinion.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank travelgirl53015

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,206)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Williamstown, West Virginia
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent 3 nights, February 5-8, at the Mandarin (MO) during our time visiting the International Builders Show. Though we regularly stay at the MO Miami, we had never stayed at the MO Las Vegas. We have the opportunity to stay at many luxury hotels as a part of my business travel and have stayed at the Paris, Venetian, MGM sky lofts, Red Rock, and other hotels while in Vegas. We plan to stay at the Green Valley Ranch next and I Iook forward to comparing it to the MO.

This stay was definitively the best so far in Las Vegas. I rented a car and accessing the hotel was easier than expected. Signage off of Las Vegas Blvd was clear and we arrived within 15 minutes after leaving the airport. The bellman was very courteous and facilitated the transfer into the hotel efficiently. Guests take the elevator to the 23rd floor for check-in and are greeted warmly. Our receptionist, Lily, was also on duty for our check-out and was warm and professional. She guided us to the elevators and provided those little touches that make someone feel relaxed immediately (what the MO identity is all about, relaxation and sanctuary in my opinion).

Our room was a premiere on the 18th floor. You must take a separate elevator to access the hotel rooms and, though confusing at first, within a day I became comfortable with how the system works and maintains a sense of privacy for guests. The room was classic oriental elegance and simplicity. Spacious and very clean. The two housekeeping services per day are a real benefit of the MO and similar luxury hotels. The first evening though, when my wife drew her bath, the spray nozzle was on. Make sure the switch on the back of the faucet is turned to the bath faucet or the bathroom will get very wet very quickly! No big deal.

Bath amenities are plentiful and high quality. Which brings up something else... each MO has its own signature fragrance throughout the hotel. Not overpowering at all, it reminds you that you are "home" whenever you return to the hotel. They always seem to nail the right fragrance to match the city.

I exercise every day and had the opportunity to use the gym each day of my stay. Quality equipment and never too crowded, the only thing I would have liked to have had access to is a pull-up bar. Fresh fruit and chilled water also a plus and appreciated.

We had breakfast at MoZen two mornings and it was excellent. Blueberry pancakes are better at the MO than anywhere else (I get them in Miami too). Service there was particularly notable at every point of contact, a real strength in an overall environment of strong service.

My wife had pedicures and a massage in the spa while I had a massage. The spa was fitted to Vegas with great views of the skyline and numerous opportunities for sauna, steam, and bathing. Service was exemplary there as well. Highly recommended experience!

Friday evening we had dinner at Twist and though I am not typically a fan of French food, the meal was wonderful. The Wagyu was truly the best steak I have ever had. Melt in your mouth tender and amazing flavor. You won't be disappointed.

Though the days were partly cloudy with a temperature around 50, we found the weather perfect for a hike at Red Rock canyon. Only 30+ minutes away from the strip! we hike a new trail every time we visit the area. Final note, the pool is heated and very nice for lounging. However, the weather didn't cooperate and allow for any "laying out". I did finish the week with an early Saturday morning swim. I spent 30 minutes doing laps completely alone with the steam rising off the pool and sun coming out. Very Zen and a very nice end to the stay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank slmnkn
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The lighting in the corridors is very Mandarin with scents and oriental art beckoning and very subdued illumination wise.Different sets of elevators to get you to your room or to get you to the 21st floor restaurant.Fantastic service and very calm atmosphere in spite of being on the Strip.Fully automated wake-up with curtains opening electrically,TV on with a chosen background(I choose tropical white beach with the sound of waves!) and dimmed lights.Vey chic and super bathroom integrated to sleeping area through frosted glass.Separate WC and very nice shower.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators and request a room with a view of The Strip!Get a high floor!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CFNordstrom
Kirksville, Missouri
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Mandarin Feb 7. It was one of the best hotel stays I have ever had! Extremely comfortable bed with a quiet atmosphere. The Spa is certainly worthy of the Five-Star rating! Totally professional staff who are there to help meet your every need. If you have the opportunity to enjoy a massage, do not hesitate!
Without a doubt I will stay at the Mandarin Oriental again when I get the chance!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jamesrider1964
Geneva
Reviewed 10 February 2014

In midst of all the hectic, loud Vegas atmosphere, the Mandarin Oriental (now casino in there) is a beautiful island of true luxury, with outstanding service, wonderful rooms and an amazing spa. Brilliantly managed - all you want and expect (and more) is just there, you don't have to ask. Calm, laid back luxury, simplistic perfectionism, the ideal place to relax and charge your batteries to then go back into the Vegas rumble - may be straight into the Casino of the Aria hotel, which is also amazing and right besides.

Room Tip: Basic rooms are very luxurious already.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I will avoid what others have said to not repeat the review. 5 Notes.

1) Suites are big enough, however not the size of Wynn / Encore
*Everything is high tech, amenities are plentiful, and you will be satisfied, despite not having an extra hundred square feet.

2) Avoid afternoon tea
*If you have enjoyed this in London, you will be disappointed.

3) Service is best I have ever seen in the US.
*Every employee, from the doorman to housekeeping, greets you with a smile. And where else do you get a wake up call, with a 15 minute follow-up by a live person, who asks if you want them to read you the weather forecast for the day? Finally, when told we were visiting for my wife's birthday, their was a cupcake and personally signed card from the hotel staff that checked us in.

4) Concierge prints your boarding passes and delivers to your room

5) Yes the spa is expensive, but it is worth the cost
*Coming from someone who receives regular massage therapy, this is the first time ever receiving an excellent treatment by a new therapist.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank mmt7
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I was going to be in Vegas for business and we decided to extend for an early Valentines day celebration. The Mandarin Oriental is truly an oasis of calm in the middle of the Las Vegas craziness. The staff is extremely friendly and will do whatever they can to accommodate.

We stayed in a strip view king, which was very nice. Oversized room, nicely furnished with a soaker tub and separate shower. I particularly liked the valet closet, which allowed deliveries to be made to the room without opening the door, very handy for morning coffee.

We had 2 minor misses; I had pre-ordered a breakfast in bed and spa package which they forgot when we checked in, so no breakfast in bed the next day. Also, the no charge overnight shoe shine is worth exactly what you pay for it, nothing. They spray some slime on your shoes, wrap the up and send them back. Do not let your shoes touch anything when they are retuned to you or you'll be sorry. A shoe shine involves brushing and buffing, and this hotel should do better than this.

Except for the above , a very nice stay.

Don't miss the Mandarin Bar, great views and inventive cocktails, food is served in the bar.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple