“Wonderful hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

My sixth visit to Las Vegas over the past eighteen years I went with 3 girlfriends on this trip and when one of them suggested this hotel I wasn't so sure because it has no casino and even thou I'm not really a gambler I still thought that we needed to stay in a hotel with a casino because this is vegas after all, well I have to say I'm so glad that we made this choice, I was so glad that every evening we could just walk straight into the hotel and straight to our rooms no walking through noisy casinos and hundreds of people so nice. Everybody in this hotel was great from start to finish rooms were great clean fresh big enough bathroom was nice kettle/iron and ironing board all in room no calling house keeping for iron also had hair straighteners didn't use the pool as weather not that good the gym looked good didn't use this but did have a look all in all fantastic hotel and would defiantly stay here again also great location

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank douggie_11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,194)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Very nicely furnished and equipped rooms, wonderfully clean, excellent service and, despite central location right on the strip, a very quiet and peaceful oasis to escape the hubbub.

Great Thai curry (reasonably priced) in the in-house MOzen Bistro

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ted J
Santa Barbara, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Visited the Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas in late February 2014. This would be my 5th stay at this beautiful hotel. At check in, I was given a room upgrade which totally surprised me. In addition, April at the front desk offered me curb-side check in for future visits. This means I do not have to go up to their 23rd floor sky lobby but rather check in at the front door when I arrive so I can get my room key/card and head straight to my room. Wow!

As usual, their Spa was pristine and relaxing. I had the Stressbuster treatment and again, my massage therapist was consistently excellent. She even gave me a CD of the Spa music after my treatment so I can take a little bit of the Spa home with me. Amazing and so very thoughtful. Even though there are other hotels and Spas in Las Vegas, I am never even tempted to try those. After all, why change a great thing?

Some of the reviews mentioned the "privacy" issue with some of the rooms in that you can see through the frosted glass/door of the toilet/bathroom area. If you want more privacy, I highly recommend their Mandarin Premier room which has a separate, enclosed toilet. Hope this helps.

Lastly, while the hotel is always clean, has this soothing aroma in their hallways and 5-star amenities/facilities, it's the people who work there and their excellent customer service that keep me coming back, again and again.

Great job, MOLAS. Hope to see you all again soon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Yugapartseh
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

If you are looking for a great hotel with no casino (although Aria's casino is a short walk) choose the Mandarin. Beautiful rooms, great service, and wonderful spa. A real oasis in Vegas. Pricey, but worth it.

Washington DC, District of Columbia

Mandarin Oriental

This was my 5th stay at the Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas. I stayed in a Premier Room (1621) on Dec 23, 24, and 25. This was also my 4th Christmas there. The Premier rooms have lots of space in the bedroom, walk-in closet space, a huge bathroom and a separate toilet. Since I have reviewed this hotel a couple of times already and reviewed this room once, I was not planning on writing another one. In fact, photos of this room can be found in my other review of the Premier Room from January 23, 2011, “A Wonderful gift to myself!” However, there were a few instances of going the extra mile that I wanted to share with fellow TA members.

My voice had been slowly stolen by a head cold that developed just before this visit. There was also a bit of a cough due to sinuses and these things were topped off by a sore throat. I had arrived at about 7:30PM. During check-in, I was pleasantly surprised with a discount of $50 because it was my 5th stay. When I got to the room, the bell staff was waiting for me in the hall with my luggage so there was no waiting. The Bellman’s name was Frederick. I asked him for ice and a blanket before he left. I like to lie on the sofa and watch TV when I’m sick and the cold was starting to come on strong at this point. He quickly brought the items I requested. He was terrific.

It is really difficult to describe in words how not only welcoming the staff were at all levels, but also how genuinely concerned they are about their guests. In the room there were some standard welcoming treats. Very shortly after Frederick left, there was a knock at my door. The front desk had sent up some wonderful complementary tea with lemon and honey for my cold. This was the first example of how much the Mandarin Oriental cares about their guests. Interestingly, I tweeted a “thank you” with a photo of the tea & honey and was surprised that I received a “Feel better soon with our tea!” tweet from the makers of the tea, @TealeavesCo on twitter (http://www.tealeaves.com/ from Vancouver, Canada). It seems that even suppliers take an interest in the Mandarin’s guests, WOW, and my compliments to them.

Frederick offered to get any medicine I required at the CVS next door, but I had insisted doing it myself so I could talk with the pharmacist to find out which medication would be best. Offering to get what I needed from CVS was a true gesture of caring for the guest that one doesn’t see that much of anymore at other hotels, but this is the Mandarin! After taking some medicine I went to sleep in a very comfortable bed. The next morning, along with the paper in the Valet Closet was a get well card from the Bellman. This was really unexpected, but I guess it is yet another demonstration of the Mandarin staff going above and beyond.

The cold didn’t really make me feel bad, but it did steal my voice, left me with a sore throat and make me tired, but nothing terrible as some colds can. I was still able to get around without any issues other than only being able to whisper. Since it was Christmas Eve, I made a point to stop in at the lobby and enjoy the Christmas Carols sung by a choir from the Las Vegas Academy of the Arts. They were wonderful. After a bit of that, I went to the Mandarin Bar for some medicinal liquor, LOL. I whispered to the bartender that I needed something that would cut through this stuff in my throat and he suggested a snifter of Chartreuse which really did the job. The bartender was quite knowledgeable and knew his craft well. Later, in my room that night, Santa delivered a Christmas stocking as he does every year. The Mandarin is the only hotel in Vegas to do this that I know of. After crawling into bed and watching It’s a Wonderful Life, it was off to dreamland.

It was a good thing that reservations for Christmas brunch for 1:30 at MOzen were made upon arrival with the concierge, who was extremely helpful. Arriving at 1:30, I saw a couple in front of me either being told they had to wait or they were being turned away. However, my reservation got me a terrific table by the window. Lesson, Always make reservations to the MO brunch, even the regular Sunday brunch. The food was very good. You were able to order your choice of an entree (Diver Scallops, Grouper, Skirt Steak, Waffle, Eggs Benedict, or my choice, a Salmon Scramble) and the rest was a buffet. The buffet included soup, Dim Sum, shushi, oysters on the have shell, cracked crab, large shrimp, some meats (wild boar salami, cured duck breast, etc), and cheeses, some salad items and a carving stations with Turkey, ham or beef. The desert table was out of this world. Everything was really good to the point that I realized I had forgotten most of it was a buffet. There are very few buffets that I can recommend but this is surely one of them.

For the final morning, room service breakfast was included in the reservation process for $25. It was delivered at the requested time of 7AM. This standard American Breakfast with scrambled eggs was perfect. It is rare that you get hot (as opposed to warm) food and the eggs were light and fluffy rather than hard and dried out as is usually the case in most other hotels.

I really don’t know how they manage to pay attention to all those details, but they sure do. For example, I was moving to another hotel after the Mandarin. The new Hotel was sending a car to pick me up at 10:30. Bell service came at about 10:15 and escorted me to the front desk so I could check out, a painless procedure. After taking care of my bill, the bellman and I got into the elevator. On the way down he received word that my car had arrived and they were waiting for me. It seems that they radio each other a lot. During my stay, it was as if ALL the staff was aware of the fact that I was sick and had laryngitis, and I was greeted by name by almost everyone working there. This attention to detail is one of the things I love about the Mandarin Oriental.

I can’t recommend this hotel enough and can’t wait for my next stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank MarkDC-Travel
milwaukee wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

we do not gamble and always try to stay at non gaming hotels.
no smoking, rarely see children. food & beverage great with superb service. The views from rooms, bar, restaurant, spa and even the restrooms are great.
best spa service I believe I ever received. when ever in Vegas again we definitely will be staying only here. location is in the middle of everything but you wouldn't know it once you step foot on the property.

3 Thank riverwest
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

It is not often I am lost for words in describing a hotel, but this is one of those times. In line with the other reviews, this place is brilliant. The cost can melt your MasterCard at 10 paces, but there are times when it is worth every cent. Like this.

Room Tip: Higher floor always helps, overlooking the 'Strip'. Sure, the lights are bright, but you can...