“Oasis In The Desert”

Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Ranked #3 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Lets face it, after awhile Vegas can become an assault on the senses. It was a pleasure to return to the peace and tranquility of the Mandarian at the end of the day. The doorman always had a warm greeting and the staff seemed genuinely concerned that your needs were exceeded. We had a basic room on the 6th floor with a partial view of the strip. We were surprised at how large the basic room was and it was beautifully decorated. We spent a good deal of time at the pool and found the pool staff to be fabulous. They went out of their way to make sure you were comfortable and the pool was quit and relaxing area with plenty decent pool food at the grill. I would recommend the Mandarian to anyone who is looking for a little tranquility from the Vegas buzz!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Mikmeg
Write a ReviewReviews (6,230)

Reviewed 24 March 2014

There's really nothing more to say about the MO in Las Vegas. The service is impeccable as expected and the rooms are fitted with every amenity. It's location and atmosphere is perfect--there is no gambling in the lobby so the hotel is quiet and relaxing but you can be completely immersed in all that the strip has to offer within minutes. The pool is also wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This was my first visit at the Mandarin Oriental. I can honestly say it was probably the best hotel I've been in, not only in Vegas but in other parts of the US. Absolutely beautiful rooms, incredible amenities, and just the peaceful and serene vibe. I was so impressed with the courtesy of the staff; it was amazing to see the level of consistency between front desk, housekeeping, bell hop, servers and driver staff. It’s really something when that level of consistency can be executed and duplicated from individual to individual.

Again, I was absolutely impressed with the level of service, on top of the incredibly peaceful stay there during our business meeting. After returning home to California, I couldn’t stop talking about my experience there at the Mandarin Oriental. I cannot wait until the next opportunity to stay there at the Mandarin Oriental. You’ve won over a new customer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter K
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We recently stayed for 4 nights at this lovely hotel. I chose it based on location and the smoke free environment. Everything that other reviewers have said about it being a calm oasis is true. From the moment we arrived until the last second, the experience was great. We had a strip view suite which had a great view and was very spacious. It was also very clean. There were great little touches that added luxury. I loved that they provided lots of extras such as razors and toothbrushes right in the room so you don't have to ask or go looking for a drugstore if you have forgotten something. (FYI- there is a CVS next door just in case) . The pool was lovely although it was too cold to use it during our stay. We had pedicures in the spa and they were by far the best I have ever had. There are 3 restaurants and a tea lounge and we dined in all of them. Mozen Bistro was the perfect blend of good food and service. The pool café was nice and the lunch menu looked very good. Twist was fantastic. We did not go in the bar as I had a small child with me but it was beautiful and very popular. I will review the restaurants separately. I will stress that service is the real star at this hotel. Everyone from the housekeeping staff, to the servers , the front desk, and even the bell staff was exceptional and called me by name. Everything was done with a smile and a genuine desire to make the stay great for us. For us, the proximity to Crystals was a big plus also. It is a different kind of environment for Vegas and maybe a little less exciting than some of the other hotels with casinos if that is important to you. It is also missing the throngs of noisy tourists with drinks in their hands and the haze of smoke that covers all the other hotels. We will absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lLola
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The Mandarin arranged everything for us including a town car from the airport. At the hotel we were escorted by a hotel representative directly to our room. Our room was even better than the pictures and descriptions. A big soaking tub for my wife was a big plus. Our view of the strip and great room service made it hard to want to leave our room. The concierge arranged great tickets to the shows. We will make sure to stay at a Mandarin hotel again when possible.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank EMK721
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The Mandarin strives to offer a different experience from most lodging on the strip and succeeds. For those familiar with Mandarin properties there will be few surprises. From the entrance which is cleverly secluded from the strip to the Lobby on the 23rd floor, this hotel offers a peaceful, smoke free haven of refinement and understated luxury. We stayed in a corner suite which faced the strip and provided sunrise to sunset views through floor to ceiling windows. Many elegant touches were designed in - motorized curtains, iPad like control for room electronics, a butlers
closet so papers or laundry could be delivered in room without disturbing guests, a soaking tub deep enough to float in and big enough for two. Dark woods and an Asian modern classic design motif. Very polished and professional staff work to satisfy requests. Menu has an Asian leaning, with some sumptuous dishes. Try the fried whole fish or chicken biryani. We loved the in mirror TV in bathroom for its unobtrusive music. A plethora of amenities for the bath, the salts were excellent, all with subtle floral and mineral notes pleasing to my wife and I. The bath towels are plush and large enough to wrap around two small people. We stayed a week and enjoyed all the time spent in the room. The temple like spa offers pricey services, but the experience equals the best we've visited. The hotel is located in City Center between Bellagio and the Monte Carlo. It is adjacent to an expensive shopping center. Better have your black Amex handy for most of the shops and restaurants! However, Bobby's Burger Palace accessible from entry level and Wolgang Puck's in mall have excellent fare at relatively moderate prices. The Starbucks offers a nice vantage point for people watching.

Room Tip: Suites offer a bit more space, but if you're not planning on spending much time in the room, sta...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for just two nights in early March.
It was more than I was planning to spend per night, given the well priced plethora of choices in this market; however, as Mandarin is extremely expensive in their other locales, I thought I'd try the brand in Las Vegas.
The room, and particularly the bathroom, were quite large, and both were well appointed.
The bed was comfy with premium bedding apparent.
I was impressed with the 'valet closet' (in which you can receive 'deliveries' such as your boarding pass without being disturbed) and the automatic blind, temperature, etc, function controlled via the television.
I enjoyed the large tub with the provided scented bath salts. Another nice touch, not found in every luxury hotel, was the ambient music channels, complete with restful and crisply bright images (thanks to the HD t.v.) of forests and whatnot.
I did use the spa for the usual astronomically priced hotel massage, which was very nice.
I also took the afternoon tea, which included the usual scones with homemade jam and the delish clotted cream, and a beautiful assortment of small pastries and sandwiches (the most impressive of the latter was the egg mousse set in half of a shell-clever!)
The service, as befitting this luxury brand, was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo