Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$388
US$210
Official Site
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$207
US$163
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Luxor Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$122
US$125
US$85
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$144
US$254
US$203
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$226
Orbitz.com
6,395 results
All reviewsmozen bistrosky lobbyvalet closetcityscape roombath saltsstrip view suitepool cafefour seasonsturn down serviceluxury hotelother hotelspool staffhigh techin room diningsteam roomremote controlsoaking tub
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

What an oasis from the chaos of the strip. Very large nice rooms, outstanding spa, very good restaurants, and the staff everywhere were impressively polite, helpful, and well-trained. I still can't figure out how everyone knew my name when greeting me. It comes at a price, but all things considered I felt like it was a fair value. Thank you Mandarin O!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank QuietMan73
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed here for one night on March 29, 2014 in a regular King room. The hotel itself is right on the strip in the CityCenter complex and is literally in the middle of all the action. However, you'd never know how busy it was outside by the calmness and serenity that you feel once you enter the hotel. All the staff are focused on one thing: making your trip as amazing as possible.

Once you arrive, checking in is a breeze. Taking the elevator to the Sky Lobby on 23 is a quick ride (and there are seats in the elevator in case you are tired from walking all day). The check in process is quick, and they will give you a small shot of iced tea and a cold towel while they explain your room.

You then take your elevator down to your room's floor and then enter your own slice of heaven. The decor may be understated compared to some of the other strip 5 star properties, but everything is there when you need it in the right space. Everything in the room is controlled through your tv remote. Even the bathroom lights. (luckily there are physical switches for lights too). My room was extremely quiet, even though it was on the 4th floor facing the strip. Don't even get me started on the beds. Probably one of the nicest hotel beds I've ever slept on.

Some tips:

Valet Parking is NOT included. Yes, that's weird for vegas. You can self park at Aria and walk to the hotel after unloading your bags.

If you don't want to go up to the sky lobby to change elevators to leave the hotel, you can just go to the third floor and change elevators there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andrewc310
Reviewed 30 March 2014

4th visit to the hotel on the week of Mar.25th. Not much to add except it gets better every time, which is saying something. Stayed in a Mandarin premier room again and it was excellent, staff remains the same from trip to trip which truly is a great thing, unreal that they remember you from past trips. 5 Star all the way around, some quick points: food at the pool cafe is outstanding (fish tacos a must), service all thru the hotel amazing, the bar on the 23rd floor is an unreal place for cocktails. The bartenders there are superb, the whole bar is run soundly 1st class all the way. Lastly no better staff anywhere I have been then the doormen/valets when you check in. This place is a home run, just book it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Ok, this is a nice hotel. I got a strip-facing room and you would have to really work hard to criticize the accomodations themselves. The bed is worth the occasionally astronomical cost of the room itself although deals can be found on off dates. The rates, like a lot of things in Vegas, seem to vary widely.

The place is, frankly, a little sterile. And from massages to the drinks at the bar your jaw is going to drop at the prices. But that's what the Mandarin Oriental is partially about--feeling (and paying for) a sense of exclusivity in a city where exclusivity is kind of a commodity in itself.

If you are in Vegas and sometimes want absolutely nothing to do with Vegas, this is the perfect place for you. I kind of like wandering downstairs to a happening atmosphere in the hotel any time of day, but that's not what this hotel is about. It's sort of the anti-Vegas right on the strip and there's something to be said for having a place to escape to right in the middle of it all.

One thing that I have to mention which is my only serious criticism of the place is the food we got from room service. I mean we ordered about $100 worth of breakfast for two people because it was our last day and we needed to burn through a food/drink/services credit you get with the room per day so we tried a huge part of the menu. I can honestly say if I didn't have to make it to the airport I was going to call for the manager and dare him or her to eat the food they served us. Everything from the eggs to the bacon to the bagels to (fill in the blank) tasted like a manager at IHOP or Denny's would quit before sending it out to a table. I was just dumbfounded by the lack of quality. I remember trying to choke down the cornedbeef hash which was this sort of rubbery alleged meat in undercooked potatoes. Wow. My friend and I were actually more amused by it than anything else because it was the last meal in the city after a series of wonderful meals outside the hotel in Vegas, but it was really something amazing from such an establishement. Just disgusting and amateurish--food at a theme park would have come as a welcome relief.

But other than that, and the weird fact that you have to go to the 23rd floor where the front desk and bar are and then go down to your room in a separate elevator every time you come or go which means it takes you forever to just get to your room (??), this is a classy and fun place to stay. Pour a drink, look out the window at the gorgeous view, sit in your comfy bed, then close the blinds with the remote and turn off the lights with the same (which you can do) and you'll love it. Worth the money? Probably not since you can get most of this at a fraction of the cost elsewhere closeby. But it's a neat experience and that is worth a lot. I think everyone who goes to Vegas regularly should try this place once. It is the experience of a hotel trying to give you a really elite venue and succeeding for the most part.

Room Tip: There's a CVS right downstairs where they sell everything from high-heel replacements when you drunkenly stumble to all kinds of food and beverage. Don't forget to hit that place up on your way up each night to stock up on reasonably-priced alcohol and food unless you're the kind of person who should actually be staying at this hotel (i.e., price is irrelevant :-) Also, make it to the hotel bar. Great views, decent service, and they have live music at times which is nice. It will remind you of a bar you would see in the movie "Lost in Translation."
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Mandarin O, Public Relations Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas. We very much appreciate your positive sentiments regarding the accommodations and the fact that our hotel is “an escape in the middle of it all”. However, we do apologize for the quality of food and for your in-room dining experience. We would like to speak to you regarding this issue, as what you describe certainly is not up to our standards. As we mentioned in a direct message to you, our Hotel Manager would be happy to speak to you directly. We value your feedback and hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Wow...all I have to say is wow.

I have been staying at the Bellagio for years when I go down to Vegas. Sadly that hotel has seen decreasing customer service and I thought I would give the Mandarin a go this trip. I was not disappointed.

From the time I reached the front desk, to the time I was personally escorted to the elevator, was just a few min. Not the cattle call check in of other hotel. Much more like any fine hotel, but unusual in Vegas unless you are a very high roller.

The rooms were great. The view very pretty. The thing you notice first is how quite and more relaxing things are when compared to hotels with a casino. This was a plus for me, but it may not be for others.

The management was very responsive when we had a problem. Breakfast one day we had a server that was having a hard time keeping up with her orders. Nothing too bad, but not great. I did bring it up on the way out of breakfast. The next night we has an apology from the manager with cookies in the room, and the next day a personal apology. Not necessary, but very kind.

The pool was small by Vegas standards, but a great place to hang out. You were escorted to a chair, made to feel welcome and not forgotten once you are there. A server was always around to get drinks or food. With so many people at many Vegas pools, this relaxing pool was very refreshing.

All and all, a great hotel and from this one visit it seems to be one of the best in Vegas.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple