“Luxury. Comfort. Peace.”

Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Ranked #3 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My husband and I visited Las Vegas for our 1 year anniversary and chose the Mandarin Oriental for its tranquil and luxurious vibe -- and we are so glad we did!

This hotel is wonderful. From my first impression to check out, it was almost perfect. Because the front desk is on the top floor of the hotel, there is an element of privacy that other hotels in Vegas lack. Vegas is a hectic town, but because we stayed here it felt like a peaceful and luxurious getaway in the midst of the craziness of Vegas!

The room is amazing; the bed is like a cloud and everything is spotless. I love a clean room! We enjoyed the pool, and especially enjoyed the delicious cocktails and pool-side food. The staff is attentive and definitely went out of their way to make our stay feel completely effortless. There is no casino in this hotel, which definitely adds to the peaceful feeling. Altogether, it was a wonderful anniversary!

Room Tip: We stayed in a cityscape room, with a view of the mountains. You can see the pool from these rooms...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicole F

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Mandarin Oriental was voted #1 hotel in Vegas by Tripadvisor and I will admit, it had a lot to do with me wanting to stay at this place. Then out of the top 10 luxury hotels in US, this place was voted #6. Not bad, if you ask me! Also, I don't gamble so no casino in the lobby = no second hand smoking issues = happy Cindy.

It was high season but my mother-in-law wanted to come out here in May so rooms are a little steep this time of year in Vegas. I think it was worth it though because I had an excellent stay here.

I brought my kids since my parents-in-law haven't met my youngest baby yet. And since Vegas has gotten very kid friendly in the last few years, we didn't see it as an issue.

I got here and was greeted with a beautiful smile from Holly (I think that's her name). They had a plate with a warm towel, tea and an orchid for me. It was beautiful! Then they escorted me to my hotel room, got my bags and valeted my car. I thought I died and went to heaven when I walked through the lobby.

We came into our room and saw that it was a great view of the strip. The thing I noticed about staying in nice hotels in Vegas is that, you always get views of the old, ugly hotels. When you stay in the ugly hotels, you get views of the nice hotels. Oy. So I got to see the travel lodge down there, but also got to see Aria, Paris, Caesar's Palace, a few nice hotels.

The luggage guy brought our bags up and showed us how everything worked in our room. Including the tv that was built into the mirror in the bathroom. I admit, I watched it everyday while getting ready and while taking a bath in their HUGE tub that fits 2 people, with your legs fully extended! My husband and I took a bath with their lavender bath salts every night and we were both able to sit in there, without having to bend our knees.

The pool is really nice and isn't too busy. There's two outdoor pools and one in the spa area. We were there, lounging by the pool everyday, having drinks. It was really nice. I loved every bit of it.

The sky lounge upstairs is really cool and has great views of Vegas. We ended up going to the lounge both nights, we liked it so much.

The tea lounge is a little pricey for the english high tea for what you get, but it was fun to enjoy it with my family.

The service was wonderful and the place was immaculate. I think I found my "IT" place to stay when I'm in Vegas. I can see why they call this place the Zen City. They said that the place was fully booked but it was always so quiet!

Best of all, it's located in City Center, my favorite area of Vegas.

Room Tip: Great views on the strip side
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cynthia W
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The Mandarin Oriental is one of the few hotels in Las Vegas that does not have a casino. Because of this, my wife and I found this to be a calm, quite safe place with no weird people hanging around. A great oasis in the middle of chaos. The swimming pool is excellent. I had the best massage I've ever had in their spa. Conveniently located in the middle of the Strip.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors give you a better view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We went with high expectations, which the hotel exceeded. The suite was fantastic, with plenty of space and amazing views - especially from the bedroom with floor to ceiling windows on two sides: going to sleep looking out on the strip still buzzing many floors below us is something we will not forget quickly. Each day started with an amazing breakfast, and after the chaos and noise of Las Vegas it was a pleasure to return to the calmness of the hotel. The swimming pool was very enjoyable, with plenty of shaded seating and very attentive staff. Eating in the bar in the evening was a great way to round off the day. All in all a fantastic experience..

Room Tip: The suites on the top floor are excellent!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank CityBreaks2014
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have never been a fan of Vegas, but this hotel has me dying to return. If you want the benefits of the desert sunshine and great food in Vegas, without the crazy, smoking casino scene, this is the place to be.

The rooms are wonderfully appointed. The beds are truly heaven. Hands down the best hotel bed I have ever slept in. Nothing even comes close. Baths are big and I love the deep soaking tub. The small details are impressive (a flat iron in the bathroom, nail file in the vanity kit, electronic package with all sorts of wires, chargers, etc.).

The hotel is spotless and gorgeous. I do not believe I ever saw a thing even slightly out of place. All of the staff are very friendly, genuine and helpful. They must train the hell out of these people or really know how to screen their hires - I would put this service above even the Ritz Carlton.

Pool area is small, but nice. The chaise lounges have very thick cushions and are very comfortable. Lots of umbrellas. The cabanas are a worthwhile investment. The poolside service is friendly and good. Drinks were delicious and the food was good.

One of the staff was telling us that the buildings in that area have created a wind tunnel affect on the pool deck. The wind was actually nice given the nearly 100 degree temps, but really strong gusts did blow a few lawn chairs/cushions around.

The location is very convenient to lots of good dining options. I love that there is no casino. The hotel truly is a calm, luxurious oasis in the flashy tacky madness of vegas. The city center area is really nice.

My only complaint is that there are no sheets on the bed (duvet only). Other than that, it is perfection. I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank lrr720
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We specifically wanted a hotel without a casino and we knew of the Mandarin's reputation for sophisticated service so we selected the Mandarin for a weekend stay. Every aspect is superior from a personalized check in, excellent concierge assistance, a quiet impeccably clean room, high quality toiletries and teas, a gorgeous roof top pool with private cabanas and ending with our efficient checkout and assistance with our taxi.

During our stay, it was a welcome respite from the assaultive noise, lights, people and sensory overload of the Strip.

The hotel is accessible to sites along the Strip but is quietly hidden behind a Starbucks and is across an entry road into the Aria and a high end mall and from there you can take a free tram to other MGM properties or walk to other hotels for shows or restaurants.

Do not miss a chance to experience the Mandarin pampering.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dbrown46
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We loved this hotel- room was spacious, well designed, fabulous mattresses and linens.

Staff at Mozen Bistro for breakfast and dinner were excellent and food was delicious. I really liked the laid back vibe- some guests wore shorts and tee shirts- typical Vegas attire -while others were more dressed up and obviously there for business. Staff were so friendly and accommodating- almost made you feel like you were staying in a home, not a hotel.

Location was excellent- the Crystals City Center mall is beautiful and fun going into all the designer shops- again, most of the shoppers in shorts and tees, no intimidation factor.

Pool was beautiful- wish we had utilized it. I could see going back for a 3 night stay in Vegas but only if staying at this property. The other hotels were appalling- we walked briefly through Bellagio, Cosmopolitan, Mandalay Bay- crowds so thick you could barely walk and this was mid week at the end of April. I would never stay at the Four Seasons inside Cosmopolitan unless they have a separate entrance.

Our room was exceptional overall but a few things would have made it perfect:
upholstered club chair needs to be replaced- springs were shot and the seat sunken. Carpet getting a bit worn and stained. I wish they delivered coffee to the room free of charge like the Omni does (hang a tag on the door the night before and indicate which 15 min time slot you want). The glass teapot in the rooms is nice but only tea bags are available- is this part of the Mandarin Oriental philosophy? We are tea drinkers also but prefer coffee first thing in the morning.

Free coffee is available every morning on floor 3 outside Mozen Bistro. There's also a little counter with espresso drinks and delicious house made pastries for sale.

If you like banana cream pie, check out the "deconstructed" pie in a parfait glass at Mozen Bistro. Amazing!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family