“Best hotel in Las vegas”

Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Ranked #3 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
“Best hotel in Las vegas”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I cannot say enough about the staff that works there. They all go out of there way to make sure your stay goes well. I had a problem with noisy neighbors on the mayweather fight night . I spoke to Till at the front desk and he moved us to the nicest room the next day. Jackie the manager comped our lunch for us at the pool bar the next day. Josh the doorman and Glen and all the people that meet you at the front of the hotel are awesome. Remembering you by name as you walk in. Hillary at check in was also very nice and helped me with a early check in. It was very important as it was our 25th anniversary and needed to be somewhere. There is a small section of bamboos that separates the hotel from thousands of people that walk by every day. They don't even know it is there. If you need a casino or to smoke this is not the place for you. If you want to stay at the hotel with the best customer service this is the place. It is no reason they are number one. I would like to thank the staff for making our 25th anniversary so special . Thanks again!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank loudlips

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,223)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights, it was gorgeous! You won't be disappointed! It's beautiful, everyone is so friendly and the food and drinks are excellent! The pool is beautiful, it's located on the 8th floor, it can get windy up there. My friend and I indulged and went for spa services, it's honestly the best spa I've ever been too, it's pricey, but worth the experience. Not only the service itself, but the spa amenities are worth the price, just to experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rhonda M
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Few things that I look at when I stay in a hotel, which certainly make me render more points to a property.

1. Location
2. Food
3. Quality of rooms
4. Value for money
5. Hygiene
6. Important in hospitality- do they care about your requests?

Must say, this one got a 10/10 on each of these points. I simply loved my stay, few experiences by the end of a week's stay!

1. Absolutely courteous staff- needless to say, they packed me up well for the airport too (yes, I was too drunk to gather my stuff and sit in the cab all by myself... Vegas afterall)

2. Fab' rooms. Just love the way they have been designed.

3. Nice pool for an easy noon if you want to prepare for a heavy outing in the evening

4. Supersonic check-in etc

Just the going up to the 23rd floor for the reception, changing the lifts and heading to your rooms at a lower level is a little annoying when you aren't sober...grr.. I mean in Vegas.

HIGHLIGHTS--
My toilet overlooked the strip... ha! Million Dollar property I say :)

Must stay, if you get there.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shekhz
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was my first visit to the Mandarin Oriental & it will not be my last. Every single member of staff was first class. The pool area & bar on the 8th floor are excellent, hard to believe you are right next to the strip The rooms are spotless & very comfortable. the location on the strip is just about perfect
The only complaints I have is the $550 they charge to your credit card. WITHOUT TELLING YOU They do refund it when you check out but that is not the point YOU SHOULD BE INFORMED. Also it is impossible to get a drink in the bar or get anything to eat after 11pm unbelievable for a Las Vegas hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank witheldno
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I should have reviewed this hotel last year when we stayed here. Having stayed in a fair few LV hotels over the years, I wasn't impressed with this. It was very clean, but the staff were stuffy and the hotel itself had no atmosphere whatsoever. A big disappointment especially as I chose this for it's excellent reviews. It was my partner's first visit to LV and I was disappointed given all the other hotels I could have chosen. I see it's no 1 on TA and this surprises me. I personally prefer a little razzmatazz when going to LV and there is none here. It is sedate and calm, which is not really the idea of a LV hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mrs M
Los Altos Hills, California
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was in Las Vegas twice in the last two months. The first hotel I stayed at was the Four Seasons, since it's my preferred hotel in almost every place I go to that has one. But I decided on my next and and latest trip to Vegas to stay at the Mandarin. To say it far exceeded my expectations would not be accurate, since I have almost never had a bad experience at a Mandarin Hotel...but to say it far exceeded my experience at the Four Seasons is really what this review is about. Since I'm not a gambler, I stay in hotels that don't have casinos (though I don't mind be close to one for the occasional donation to the Vegas economy via a few hours at a blackjack table).
This is the finest high-end hotel in Las Vegas, casino or not. It made the Four Seasons almost seem pedestrian in comparison. I can't recommend this hotel enough...and if you are lucky, or smart enough to book early, you have to eat at their restaurant, Twist. One of the city's finest. And the Spa is wonderful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank 5easons
Wyoming
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have stayed at all the major hotels on the "The Strip", and this is my favorite so far. My room was excellent, the dining was great as well. The employees seemed to be generally friendly and were very helpful when need.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business