“A Haven in Vegas”

GreenLeadersGold level
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“A Haven in Vegas”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

There is Vegas and then there is the Mandarin Oriental. This wonderful hotel kept us sane in this crazy city. From the moment the guys took out vehicle to park to the time they returned it for our journey to the airport we loved this place. The only downside was having to pay for the internet in the business centre but there was WiFi in our room. We had a Premier Room with great views. We had asked for a room on a high floor, we got it, we asked for a quite room, we got it, We asked for a King bed, we got it,we arrived at 11am and were checked in without a problem. Loved the Valet cupboard, why doesn't every hotel have one! Can't really say much more but if you want a classy hotel without a casino in a great location then stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roonie4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,225)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
state college, pa
Reviewed 11 June 2014

it's nice an quiet. no casino. service is excellent and rooms are comfortable.

the rooms are a little bit too tech-y for me: sometimes you just wish you could pull the blinds shut rather than use a remote control. but, that's consistent with the hotel: you don't have to do much on your own other than get to the pool.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We came to Vegas to tie the knot and were looking into which hotel to stay in.

We decided to go for the Mandarin Oriental as the location was very central and the reviews were excellent.

I have to say that our experience exceeded our expectations!

The room was very nice. It was modern and with state of the art technology.

Service from all members of staff was outstanding. I cannot fault it in any way. We were treated like royalty and nothing we asked for was too much for them.

My wife also received a small bottle of champagne complimentary while she was getting ready for the big day in the room and we were also invited to a glass of champagne after the wedding at the time of having cocktails at the Mandarin bar.

I will have no hesitation to highly recommend this hotel and will be definitely coming back here for our 5-year anniversary!

TIP: don't miss the yoga classes in the morning with Mary Jane. She was amazing!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HectorM380
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 week, it's just pure class is a city of tacky.. Not one bad point but hundreds of great points.. Highly recommended...great value, very professional staff, stunning food, lovin the shoe cleaning service every night with the valet closet..

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank David L
Los Altos, California
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I booked Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas for three nights and we really enjoyed our stay. This hotel is very clean, comfortable, peaceful yet middle of everything. Even though it doesn't have casino's we didn't miss anything as its just a minute walk to the other casinos from this hotel. We loved everything about this hotel - the room, location, the staff and how it smells like a spa!!

The location is very close to all casinos, food , shopping and other entertainment. If you want quiet, smoke-free and peaceful stay than book this hotel. One thing which I didn't like was their $20 per night parking fee - when you stay there for a week it adds up quickly.

Room Tip: we were on 14th Floor and it was very peaceful with very nice Las Vegas strip view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hollywood Hills
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I should preface this review by stating that I LOATHE LAS VEGAS! Outside of conventions and conferences, it attracts everything that I abhor...smokers, gamblers, inappropriately/underdressed women and overindulgent drinkers.

That being said, I begrudgingly visit Las Vegas for concerts and conventions and The Four Seasons was go-to property. I love the Mandarin's NY property and thought I might give the Las Vegas property a try. My experience was so amazing that I had a hard time not posting this review before checking out! This property is so well designed, maintained, managed, staffed and decorated that it's hard to believe that it's nestled in alongside the monstrosities/other hotels on the Strip. The difference is immediately discernible upon your arrival. The bellman was friendly and helpful but not overly so. The set-up at the Las Vegas property is the same as it is in NY-you take an elevator from the ground level to a reception/check-in area in a much higher floor.

CHECK IN:
Check-In went off without a hitch and the gentleman who checked us in was great. The check-in area and adjacent tea/dining area are airy , nicely decorated and spacious. And unlike the other monstrosities, there are NO gaming machines and NO NO NO smoking! The area also isn't heavily populated with groups of loud obnoxious guests just hanging out. I also observed and appreciated that there weren't any children running around unsupervised. There was a cool calm quiet in this area.

THE ROOM:
The room was PERFECT! The carpets in both the hallway and room were both tasteful and super clean. Hats off to the Mandarin for not installing a busy pattern in dark colors that conceals dirt and causes vertigo! I like to see what I'm sleeping and walking on...I don't like sleeping on dark sheets and I don't like walking on dark carpet. The room was incredibly well appointed and decorated-beautiful dark woods...and the furniture wasn't too heavy/large for the room. There was a light beige lounge/chaise and I actually lounged on it for hours because I could visibly see that it was super clean. The bed was SUPER comfortable with luxuriously soft bedding. The pillows were perfect! The nightstands were the perfect height-within reach when lying down in bed. We really appreciated the thoughtfulness of the reading lights that were attached to the side of the bed/wall. The bathroom was EVERYTHING!! Really well designed and decorated-again not over the top-just right! It was SUPER SUPER SUPER clean and the lighting was designed and placed. I appreciated the beige marble because it allowed me to see that the bathroom was clean. They didn't try to disguise age and grime with dark/black marble or tile. They provided more than enough towels, which I really appreciated. I loved the in-mirror television as well. I don't use tubs at hotels but if I did, I would have used this one. It was a super clean modern freestanding oval tub that was easy and safe to access and it was sans those nasty-germ filled jets!! Just a simple elegant tub! I appreciated the lighting in the room and that drapes could be opened and closed electronically from the nightstand.

What I REALLY appreciated about this hotel was the cleanliness and the noise-level....it felt as though there were no other guests at the hotel, as we never heard doors opening and closing, never heard noise from the strip and never heard guests speaking in loud tones in the hallway outside of our room.

HOUSEKEEPING:
We left housekeeping a large but well-deserved tip because they did an amazing job. I had a ton of toiletries that the housekeeper placed and organized on a towel on the counter-thank you!! He/she also paid attention to a lot of other details.

IN-ROOM DINING:
Our room came with a Classic American breakfast for 2 and it was delicious and HUGE! Compared to other hotels (across the board-not just in Vegas), $28 for a breakfast that included coffee/tea and juice, eggs, bkfst meat and toast is a real bargain. The food was cooked to perfection and delivered to our room within 20 mins during peak-bkfst time.

VIEW/LOCATION:
Our room was on the 9th floor and had an Instagram worthy view of the Strip! It is right in middle of things on the Strip-next door to a CVS, Starbucks and tons of restaurant options. Walking distance to most of the major attractions and other hotels.

OVERALL VALUE:
We booked our June stay last February directly on their website and locked in a rate of $315 p/night (including tax and bkfst for 2). We don't gamble but I'd say we hit the jackpot with our rate and this hotel. It is now my go-to property for Las Vegas and I am immensely grateful that it's there!! An absolutely amazing and restful stay. Well done Mandarin!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank CocoaContessa
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The best friendliest and love to help staff.
Love the room design, the strip view and the quality of everything.
I highly recommend it as it has no casino so it is very quit and secure in a central location of the strip.

Room Tip: strip view room is amazing
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family