“Super Nice Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Hattiesburg,
“Super Nice Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival, I loved the fact that we skipped check-in and were walked straight up to the room. This hotel goes all out with regards to service. They are simply outstanding!

I was celebrating a special occasion and the staff were great in congratulating me and the bottle of champagne was fantastic!

There was one small issue with the bed in the room, but housekeeping and Management were quick to help resolve the problem right away. The hotel is quiet although right on the strip, the fitness center is very-well appointed, and the pools are great.

I want to thank the Mandarin staff for helping to make my stay a good one, particularly Patrick M. My young daughter absolutely loved the hotel and it's in walking distance from everything. Thanks for making my first trip to Vegas great and memorable!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Sg2011523

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,181)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Twickenham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We enjoyed some nice cocktails here whilst listening to the live music. We asked to sit by the window and were told it was a reserved table. However a couple arrived and had not booked and they were given this table straight away that was for four peole. This spioilt our experience slightly. I think waitresses have their own areas of service and she didnt want to miss out on her tip as we had just ordered The bar food was also very good and quite substantial. A lovely relaxing bar with nice views of the strip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank soot30
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We spent three nights here as part of our honeymoon. The hotel is lovely and all of the facilities are excellent. Great pool, well equipped gym and staff were very friendly and helpful. It's a very tranquil spot in the middle of the strip. Had two lovely meals in the bistro restaurant and nice cocktails in the bar. The only things that surprised me is that whilst every other hotel had made an effort to congratulate us in some way on our honeymoon with complimentary/champaign/flowers/fruit etc. we just had a quick congratulations from the friendly attendant at the reception desk. We also had no coffee or breakfast tea in our room however given we were charged $14 for tea for two at breakfast, I guess it shouldn't be a shock that these aren't given as standard.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tjbirds
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel is fantastic. I honestly can't find fault with it-and as I work in a five star hotel I am pretty picky. The rooms are fantastic, the staff are really attentive and helpful and the location is brilliant. They left special touches in our room for my 40th which was really appreciated. The pool area is great-really relaxing and the food and cocktails are- I'm running out of adjectives- excellent. My husband says he can't make our curtains open using the TV remote, so I'm leaving him and moving into the hotel. If you don't love this hotel there is seriously something wrong with you.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite which was exceptional but I can't imagine there's a bad room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LeeMonty
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We have just experienced a most enjoyable three night stay at the Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas.

Creating an ambience of tranquility, the aesthetics of this hotel are simply exquisite, beginning with the main lobby on the 23rd floor which epitomises stylish modern decor and design.

We booked a King Premier room with city and strip views. The room was generously proportioned and very comfortable. The bathroom was particularly large and impressive.

The hotel offerred a la carte breakfast only which again contributed to an atmosphere of calm. We also visited the Mandarin Bar which has enjoyed excellent review on this site, and sampled several plates and cocktails. The food was superb - rice paper lobster rolls and chicken satays were very tasty, and the pork ribs with tamarind sauce were stunning! I totally recommend you try them. As the bar becomes quite busy in the early evening, I suggest you pre-book a table, and if possible, a window table.

The hotel gym was very impressive and extraordinarily well equipped. The pool area was also very relaxing though it can get quite busy at times. The staff were very attentive.

The hotel is well located on The Strip, but it is very atypical of the rest of Las Vegas. I would highly recommend a stay at this hotel if you wish to find a soothing oasis away from the tack and addictions of the rest of town.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a table at the Mandarin Bar and enjoy the views, a cocktail and some shared plat...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank ___Dr__J0Hn___
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Wow what a tranquil oasis it is in the Mandarin Oriental, we experienced exceptional service throughout our 3 night stay. We headed here having been to the Bellagio where the activity never ceases, we felt like we'd died and gone to heaven when we landed at the Mandarin Oriental. So much so that we cancelled our meal out and ate at their fabulous restaurant, Twist, so that we didn't have to leave the hotel! And what a treat that place was. It will always be one of the most memorable meals of my life. They truly looked after us. Which is how I feel about my whole experience at this hotel.

The pool area is fantastic, and the service is second to none. We loved the fact that it wasn't too difficult to order a drink as it can be in so many hotel pools. Loved the free suncream, ice cold water bottles and fruit popsicles they provided. We really enjoyed our day in the Cabana too; a real treat.

The spa is fantastic. I arrived with an awful tension headache and the fabulous Julia eased away my pains with her amazing technique. I wish we lived nearer so that I could go and see her every month!

The bar on a Friday, Saturday night has live music. What a fabulous feature this was, and the music was exceptionally good. We really enjoyed this feature. I must say as well that the bar staff made us feel extremely welcome, and looked after us for the 3 nights we spent there. The only downside is that it doesn't open until 4pm which I think should be brought forward to 12pm as it is Vegas after all!!!

Our corner view suite was exceptional. We stayed in room 1535 and it was worth every penny. Our little oasis of calm.

On our last morning we sipped a couple of cocktails in the tea lounge and watched the world go by. I would recommend booking that if you plan to do the same as it gets exceptionally busy at the weekend. I loved my Elderflower & Vodka one; fabulous. And Martin's signature cocktail was delicious.

Really looking forward to returning on our next trip to Vegas whenever that maybe.

Room Tip: any corner suite ending with 35 will be an excellent room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bubblysophia
Farmington, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just came back from a 3 day 2 night stay in Las Vegas. This hotel was perfect for us. Close to all the action but quiet and elegant. My husband said it was zen like. I have to agree with another reviewer on how extraordinary every staff member we encountered was. Our room was clean and plenty big enough for the two of us. Also had an outstanding view of the strip from our window. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was perfect for two people trying to get ready at the same time. Loved the soak tub with the sliding privacy door. The closet/dressing area has a valet closet and a great full length mirror. There was really nothing missing in the room.

I was a bit surprised at a couple of housekeeping things. On the first night the turn down service included bottled water on the night stands which was a very nice touch. However we did not drink both bottles of water and the next day when we came back to our room after being out most of the day the water was gone. It was replaced at turn down service but why take it away? Also, I used one of the bathrobes on the 1st night. The next day housekeeping took it away but it was never replaced. I know I could have called for a replacement but it didn't seem worth the bother. Just strange it was not replaced or left in the room as is usually the case with robes.

The bar on the 23rd floor has a beautiful view of the strip. The pool area is really nice. It was 107 degrees the day we went to the pool. They hand you bottled water when you 1st get there and also give out more ice water with lemon slices and frozen grapes. There were plenty of umbrellas and comfortable lounges. You can rent a cabana for the day that had flat screen TV and misters as well as what looked like quite comfortable furnishings.

We had an early flight out and needed to have breakfast before the standard 6:00 am room service start time. No problem. We called them the night before and told them we needed to be out of the hotel by 6:00 am. Our breakfast was delivered right at 5:00 am as we requested. It was very good.

If you are looking for a hotel in Vegas with all the action right close by without all the wild and crazy casino/lobby atmosphere this is it. Elegant, quite, clean and with fantastic service with "Vegas" right outside the door. Hard to beat.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple