“Great Reprieve Away From Vegas Chaos” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Ranked #1 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Reprieve Away From Vegas Chaos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is a great hotel in the central area of the Vegas strip and a short walk from anything one would want to visit in Vegas. The rooms are very nice with a lot of technology and great beds and bathrooms. The breakfast is nice and the dinner service at Twist is very nice, though for fine french there is a lot of competition (some of which is better…as in Guy Savoy) in Vegas. The staff are great and the concierge quite adept at accommodating last minute requests. Overall one of the best places to stay in Vegas, especially if one prefers a non-gaming and quieter hotel.

Room Tip: Strip View is Nice, especially on a higher floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
      Location
1 Thank IV12121

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,181)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
NV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very very expensive I think when u put the money in hotel that's what u get I think. The hotel was very cool I stayed at couple of hotel in Vegas The main I liked was this one because of the view and a huge pool they have and including the spas

• Stayed May 2014
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Philhayman
Aptos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We went to Las Vegas for 3 days, 2 nights to visit family that recently moved to the area. I was going to be alone for some time, while my other half did the visiting so I picked a hotel that I considered would be quiet and comfortable for a female traveling solo. It was a perfect selection, as at this hotel there isn't the constant stream of people just milling around. All of the staff was excellent and helpful. Accommodations were large and comfortable. We had a strip view room and it was a great view. Bed was extremely comfortable and in line with other Mandarin hotels we have stayed at. I tried multiple things at the spa and want to provide feedback on all of the services.
1) I had the ultimate facial, it was delicious. The entire facial was skillfully done, very relaxing and my skin felt and looked amazing.
2) I took advantage of the beauty salon services at the hotel and had a wash and blow dry. It was the BEST blow dry I have ever had. My hair came out smelling so great and was styled perfectly. Too perfectly, I didn't want to ruin it so I couldn't get it wet at the pool for the remainder of the day! A small sacrifice for great hair.
3) I had the Oriental Essence Massage, dreamy! I left the spa feeling so relaxed.

We ate all of our breakfasts at the hotel. The breakfasts were delicious, they don't have the HUGE buffet but I felt like this was more in line with the non cattle call feeling, of a huge herd of people converging in a frenzy for food.

I would highly recommend this hotel. Perfect location so if you do want to join the herd shopping, gambling and enjoy the rowdy side of Las Vegas, you can!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jsmmana
Temecula, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you want to get away from the chaos of Las Vegas in a place away from casinos and smoke, this is the hotel. It is well located across from PH by Aria and easy to drive up to. The interior is luxurious, ultra-modern, somewhat zen like in its use of high end dark stone and low lights. The spaces are unusually geometric and dramatic. I appreciated the café with a gluten free menu, also they have vegan. It has a nice view and good food. The lobby level is on the upper floor where there is also a restaurant. Service was excellent. We had breakfast in the room which they wheeled in on a separate table. The concierge printed our boarding passes right on time for us and placed them in the valet closet of our room. This is a nice feature allowing the staff to supply you with hangers or your requests without disturbing you. We were in a corner suite, spacious, with a nice view of the pool below and the city. We asked for an extra bed and they provided a very nice one in the other room. Both rooms have large screen TV's that offer a lot of choices for viewing. This is a very tech oriented hotel so there is a box supplying you with various adapters and chargers. The amenities are more than what you find in many luxury hotels, including a hair straightener, scale, nice set of comb, toothbrush, razors, coffee/tea pot, etc. Curtains open with the touch of a button and they are total black out. The bed I found to be especially comfortable. I slept very well. The bathroom has two sinks, a separate large shower, toilet cabinet and tub in the middle of the room with a great view. There is also a TV screen that disappears into the mirror. There is a modern gym, well equipped and Spa. I didn't use any spa services but I did swim in the lap pool and use the outdoor spa pool. Both are very nice. The atmosphere was calm and relaxing. I am sure there are times of the year when the hotel is more crowded. There were few people in July. I would come here again even though it is not one of the inexpensive hotels. It is a bit more pricey but worth it if you want to be away from smoke and noise.

Room Tip: We were in room 1235, a corner suite with a nice view, spacious, very comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank suzanochka
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We went to Las Vegas for a layover to the Grand Canyon. We spent 2 days in Vegas + 2 days in the Grand Canyon then returned to Vegas for 2 more days. For the four days in Vegas we stayed in the Mandarin Oriental. And, thank god we did! I was in Vegas 1 about 20 years ago. If you're into the trashy, drinking, crappy eating, gambling that is so Vegas - then another hotel in the thick of it all would be for you. If you like to dip your toe into the craziness of Vegas, but like to escape to a classy, calm and well run escape - then stay here!
The staff is wonderful, attentive and anticipates your needs. The rooms are well laid out and large, the sky lounge is wonderful - the pools are perfection! We stayed in a pool cabana on 1 day and it was so perfect! I can't say enough about how wonderful our stay was here!

Room Tip: Strip view for the view!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Larrybill
Juneau Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We were able check in early, alfonso was very helpful when i thought i had left my card at the vdara safe. The 2 queen room on the 21st floor was a bit smaller then expected. The large bathroom was beautiful. The tub was clean and i actually looked forward to my soak that evening. They provide bath salts, loofa, and there is a tv in the mirror. The dressing area is nice with a big open shelf to lay your suite case. The strip view was kinda grey and stark, as we overlooked the Monte Carlo. I could not locate a safe anywhere. I was unable to log onto their wifi for 2 days, even after calling the front desk for assistance. The minute i stepped out of this hotel i could get wifi on the strip. The location of this hotel is great, out doors to the right and you are on the strip. The pool was an oasis! I seen 1 child there, but she was well behaved and closely supervised by her gram. Our attendant was Ji and she was wonderful, warm, and helpful. The bed are cushioned comfortably, and have side tables with velcro flaps to store stuff. The spa water drink was so yummy and refreshing. Don't be hesitant to ask for sunscreen, they'll bring it in a little cup. It is a bit spendy but so worth it if relaxing by a quiet pool is your thing. They also walk around handing out frozen grapes and samples of their drinks. They have a cabana by the bar that is dedicated to smokers, with couches ,tv, and surrounded by misters. My favorite thing was to grab a noodle floatie and kick back in the little pool by hot tub. I really loved this pool, it was so sedate and relaxing. I never felt uncomfortable like it can get at other pools with large groups of twenty somethings. We had two drinks at the tea lounge, get a table by the window, the view is awesome. Each of our drinks were $20 but so fabulous. My guy wanted to drink beer and watch world cup, said it felt a bit too stuffy- so we didn't hang out too long. The decor was dark, especially coming in from the pool. We did have breakfast on the 8th floor, it was ok. Although i would suggest not being seated next to the waiters area as its busy and noisy. The whole deco is cool, calm, and classy. If your looking for a bit of edge and excitement, then maybe its not your cup of tea. If a mellow pristine pool scene is what you want, this is one of the best I've been to in lv.

Room Tip: They said they had wifi but we could never get it to kick in. Im not sure there is any great view...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ravencoho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Everything about this place is excellent. Rooms, service, food, pool, location, lack of casino on property. All perfect. Oh, only one thing... lobby is weirdly on a floor above the rooms and also that it takes 2 elevators to get to the ground.

Stayed July 2014