“Best hotel we've stayed in!!!”

Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Ranked #3 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

There is only one word for this hotel - WOW! From the moment we walked in we were in paradise. Our room was impeccable and there is such attention to detail - from the curtains opening and the music turning on when you first walk in to the fully equipped bathroom (there's even a jewelry box and a straightener!!) to the floral petals on the bath, to the remote controlled lights, everything about it screams luxury.
What's best is that there is no casino! It is so nice to walk through the madness of the strip and come back to such a peaceful, serene room.
You cannot fault the staff here. Everyone we came into contact with (concierge, reception staff, pool staff and even cleaners) were so friendly, professional and accommodating. We were so impressed with the service!
The Mandarin bar had the best view and the cocktails were delicious. Loved the pool and the food there too.
Nothing will compare to this stay and already excited to return again. Thank you for such an incredible experience!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carlzee
Write a ReviewReviews (6,180)

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I started a 3 week West coast adventure here. We stayed for 2 nights over a weekend and EVERYTHING was without fault. The hotel is simply wonderful. The rooms were huge with modern & stylish interior. My husband had informed them it was our wedding anniversary & they delivered chocolate dipped strawberries to the room. The pool was tranquil with excellent service and we enjoyed using the gym facilities. I cannot recommend this hotel enough, we are returning to Vegas at the end of our trip, staying in the Aria...I'm just a little disappointed we didn't book this hotel again!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Holidayloves
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My husband an I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Mandarin in Las Vegas - just a short getaway to relax while our kids are away at camp. I must admit I was skeptical at first. The taxi dropped us off at the door, and there is no expansive foyer/reception/entrance as we are used to with other Vegas hotels. They whisk you straight up to the 23rd floor for reception. It is calm, modern, and zen-like. Then you take a different bank of elevators to your room. It seemed a bit odd to us at first, but after returning in the evening from the crazy bing-bing-bing of other hotels and casinos it is like returning to a wonderfully calm oasis amid the chaos that is Las Vegas. The room is gorgeous, and the bed one of the most comfortable I've slept on (and we've stayed at a lot of extremely nice hotels). The pool area isn't huge, but it was never crowded. Service, food, and amenities are absolutely lovely. Gym is modern & clean. Spa is wonderful. I had a chinese foot spa, and spent some time in the pools/steam area afterwards. Amazingly relaxing and refreshing - I'd highly recommend it. We enjoyed drinks at the bar on the 23rd floor on two of our nights. View is fantastic. We've never stayed in the City Centre area before, but really enjoyed it. The Mandarin is a short walk from the Aria & the Cosmopolitan. We had 2 amazing meals at restaurants at the Cosmo, and my husband enjoyed the casinos at the Cosmo and Aria. The Aria casino is literally less than a 5 minute walk away. We will definitely stay at the Mandarin Las Vegas again. So relaxing. Highly recommend :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank champ27
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The finest hotel in Vegas for those who do not want to stay in a casino based hotel or resort. The amenities, service and accommodations in general are 5 star. This hotel is on par with some of the finest hotels at which I have stayed within all of North America. If you are seeking seclusion within the insanity of Vegas while at the same time being conveniently located to everything, then this hotel is for you.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great, but if you want a view of The STrip vs. a view of the mountains, then be...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phoenix051
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Had been told that Mandarin was the preferred place to stay on the strip. I must say the service from the staff is terrific. The fitness and spa facilities are tremendous, and for gambling the Aria is 100 yards away with rail link down to Bellagio to catch "O" Cirque du Soleil's best show in Vegas.
Not having to walk through the Casino to get to your room is why I call this The Oasis. Very relaxed and all one would expect from a Mandarin property.
My friends have done the Afternoon Tea - and loved it, although more a Bar person. The Mandarin Bar is exceptional with best cocktails and appetizers.....need the seafood appetizer, I think it was the Cool BBQ.....amazing. Cocktails and view best on the Strip, and rated as most romantic in Vegas. I will say I concur!
I travel all around the world for business, love the ambiance and personal touches.
More importantly, this was a mini-break with my wife and really enjoyed the hotel and time re-connecting in our busy lives. Thanks Mandarin.....would come again at the drop of a hat~

Room Tip: Strip view over City Scape if available
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SCF007
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The hotel is set in the City Centre and is casino free. It's pure bliss set just seconds away from the buzzing strip. From the minute you check in to check out everything is great. The rooms are spotless and superbly decorated. The bed was amazing as is the view overlooking the strip(which I'd highly recommend). We stayed here for a week and could have stayed longer.

The pool area is a little small but never had any problem getting a bed. However, this may be different when the weather cools and guests can stay in the sun for longer. The pool staff were polite, friendly and efficient.The food at the pool bar is excellent and well priced. We loved the small eateries and water given out to guests around the pool during the day. Such a great touch and very thoughtful.

Overall, we would highly recommend the Mandarin. You won't be disappointed but highly impressed.

Room Tip: If staying in a "Strip View Room", ask for the view looking towards the Paris/Aria.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pandg1
Reviewed 14 August 2014

It's what my wife and I expected, 5-diamonds. In May were were in Barcelona and happened upon the Mandarin there, but it was booked solid. Sadly, we could only have a snack and drinks on their rooftop...and...we ... both ... nearly cried, it was wonderfully purrrrfect! And so later in the year, (July 19-26, 2014) when I felt a bit worn out from work and restless, I searched Expedia for 5-star 7-day flight-n-hotel-deals-anywhere and decided to tick off a box on my bucket list at the same time trying on for size and comfort a Mandarin for the first time. We expected Ritz perfection and were delightfully surprised that the Mandarin takes it up a notch. All thumbs up.

Room Tip: You're in city center and can walk everywhere that is interesting. Literally next door is a cele...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple