“No fuss brilliant”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“No fuss brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

We've stayed here twice now, and if it wasn't for my wife wanting to try something different I'd have booked again for our next trip to Vegas! Rooms very modern and high class prestige fixtures and fittings. Nice staff, good room service. Good location in the middle of the strip, great valet parking.

Room Tip: Try to get the really high floors, where some rooms have great views.
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,362)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

amazing location absolutely bang in the middle of action on strip .

great free breakfast buffet in aria if you get the offer @ website . can use for luch, brunch or breakfast at aria or any other of the groups hotels which covers $20 p/p - cereals fresh meat carvery cakes fruit crab asian mexican pastas omlettes etc - very very high standard of food all made fresh . each as much as you want . at weekednds youll need to put $5 each to that price as the alowance doesnt quite cover it . small point

fast internet throughout hotel/rooms [incl in 'resort fee']

amazing room overlooking bellagio fountains on 53rd floor

kitchen fridge etc

2 x 42" lcd tv - lots of plugs under lounge tv on big inter-connect box [vga audio in/out ipod etc]

very very clean - smoke and casino free [1 min walk to aria hotel or a few mnis to bellagio or cosmopolitan casinos]

gorgeous lobby , smells lovely too lol

fast express elevators

new , stylish bright contemporary feel ... no chintzy pics and floral bedding lol

comfiest bed i stayed in while away - quality mattress pillows and bedding

electronic full length liners and blackouts both via electric switches

quiet hotel rooms

very high spec bathrooms nice fittings

note resort fees apply : $20 per room covers wifi . basically its a stealth tax you need to factor into price ... annoying small point

quiet air con

no tea/coffee machine sucked - the one small point if we had to say something .

perfect choice of hotel for cleanliness , location , contemporary feel . cannot fault in any way at all . this is one of the nicest cleanest hotels ive stayed in and aria and cosmopolitan which are adjacent hotels looked similar .

ps - $20 check in bribe got us a top upgrade ;-)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tharobster
Everett, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

My boyfriend and I went to Vegas November 28th - December 3rd and Stayed at Vdara our entire stay. The room we booked online was a basic Deluxe Suite.

We arrived at about 3:45p.m. and did not have to wait in line at the check-out desk which was very nice (though I think this was just due to the fact that we were there on a slow day). I am subtracting a star for the lack of enthiusiam and overall rudeness of the Gentleman who checked us in, he barely said hi to us and acted as if we interrupted him by wanting to check in, this did not start out our experience at Vdara very well. It was hands down the rudest I've ever been treated at the checkout desk at any hotel I've stayed at in Vegas (I don't get upset about much but he was talking down to us BIG TIME). We asked if there were any upgrades avaialable, and while we did not get an upgrade to a nicer room we did have a great view of the Bellagio fountains. I read reviews and don't know how people always talk about the Hotel upgrading them for free to a nicer room...I have been to vegas over five times now and it has not happened once to me.

Our room was on the 33rd floor and it was quick access from the elevator to the room which was very nice; No large lobby to walk through or sets of elevators to take which was a relief Upon arriving in our room everything was tidy and neat until we went into the bathroom. The ceiling above the bathtub was peeling and it was a very noticable eye sore in the bathroom, we also found garbage from the previous people who stayed there, old toothpaste and tisses. I am not one to complain about small stuff so I picked them up and threw them away myself (I'm sure some people would have come unglued but I just didn't let it bother me, I didn't want to be upset the first day in Vegas).

The beds and pillows here were the most comfortable I've ever slept on In Vegas (I would go back just to sleep on the beds..they were that good!). The small dining table was nice as was all the storage in the kitchen. Everything else in the room was basic; a chair & desk, sofa, coffee table, a main closet, a closet in the bathroom, two nightstands, flat screen TV, and some drawers for clothes (no coffee maker....sad).

The location of the hotel was great. Vdara is part of the CityCenter so it is in the middle of the strip. It was connected by a walkway to the Bellagio, behind the Cosmopolitan, and across from the Aria. Going through the Cosmopolitan seemed to be the fastest way to the strip.

I can't really review the food at the Vdara but we did get coffee one morning. It was good, but way to expensive for what it was (which I find to be the case with everything in Vegas nowadays). They have one bar which we did not try also but it was always packed (so it must have been good).

The whole time we were there the room service was great, our room was so clean everytime we came back at night (maybe the cleanest I've ever stayed in, with the exception of the day we arrived).

Overall I would give Vdara an average review (if I could 2 1/2 stars). It would be a great hotel for couples or families who are going to vegas for a quieter time. Would I go back? Probably not and here is why: The front desk person was unfriendly, when that is the FIRST thing I experience on my first day of hard earned vacation I just cannot return to a place like that (no matter how great the rest of the experience was). It only takes one person to leave a bitter taste.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank channing14
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

I recently stayed here. The had a great offer with 50 dollars a day in resort credits. This was a great deal. I loved that it was fresh and clean. The valet was quick each time, as well as the room was cleaned every day. The room was bigger than expected, the mattress was one of the best I have slept on. The only complaint I would have is, when I check out for some odd reason they charged a random added fee after I left. I sent an email to guest service's the next evening saying it would be reversed. Had it not been for the odd charge It would be 5 stars. I must also compliment the room service. The server was very nice and cordial, as well as fast setting up the table.

Room Tip: I got a lake view room int he high 20's and loved it.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank manonthebeach
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

This hotel is set apart from the rest on "The Strip" in that it is completely non-smoking - including the lobby, bar and cafe. As well, there is no casino. However, you can get your casino fix by walking 3 minutes to Aria or 2 minutes to Bellagio.

The hotel itself was very clean, quiet and secure. A great place to stay with the kids if the hustle-bustle of typical Vegas hotels is a bother. The king-size bed was actually one of the most comfortable I've slept on - down feather pillows and thick duvet, smooth cotton sheets, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for the pool view. The views of the city are fantastic.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gary C
Blairgowrie, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

I was surprised with a stay at the Vdara for my Birthday (all booked and chosen by my boyfriend) even though I work in my mothers travel agency. I was really nervous having read some of the reviews about this hotel, however, DO NOT LISTEN TO ANY BAD REVIEWS! Some people are just too picky..

Firstly, a word of warning..when checking in you will be asked for a deposit of $500 which if you pay by credit card does not get taken from your account straight away only acts as a guarantee, whereas if you pay by debit card it does get taken but refunded when home. Along with the resort charges of $20/day. You can keep track of the charges on your room account through (one of the two plasma tvs in the room!!).

We had a double deluxe on the 37th floor overlooking the bellagio and its fountains!! The view is OMG through 4 huge double windows! The beds are soo comfy..just what you need after a long day walking.. also two plasma tvs :D
The rooms are pretty big even just the basic rooms! I loved the whole modern, contemporary and chic feel of the hotel and the gorgeous smell on entering.
The staff are soooo friendly (especially the bar staff).

The location of the Vdara is great a short walk to the Aria then you are on the Strip.

I can not recommend this hotel enough..since I have arrived back home I have also been telling all my customers whom are going to be booking!

Thank You Vdara for a wonderful holiday of a lifetime!

Room Tip: Contact the hotel before arriving to request the best room with view of the bellagio and its fountai...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

I stayed here for a business trip in November 2011. The room/suite was extremely spacious and modern. I liked that there were effectively 3 rooms plus the bathroom. A small entry/kitchen area with a table, refrigerator, microwave; a living room with tv and small desk; and the bedroom on the other side of the living room. The view was amazing. The bathroom was great - a separate shower and tub and just very modern, clean and new looking. The location was very central. I took a taxi daily to the convention center. Also, there is no casino in this hotel, but there is one across from the lobby and a small driveway area in front of the hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business