“2nd time and never dissapoints!!”
Review of Vdara Hotel & Spa

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #12 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
sambuddi2u
“2nd time and never dissapoints!!”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I celebrated my bachelorette party last week (March 22-24) and we stayed at Vdara. This is my second time checking in Vdara and I really love this boutique hotel. I booked the Vdara suite but when I checked in, they offered me a Vdara suite with 180° view(corner suite, 33002) for only $30 a night and an early check in (10:30 am instead of 3pm). You can see Cosmopolitan hotel, Bellagio (dancing fountain), Paris, Planet Hollywood. It was beauitful at night with all the lights on.

I love the spacious room and the extra half bathroom located near the kitchen. There is also a washer and dryer. One disspointment was the pull out sofa bed. You can literally feel the springs!!! We ended up sleepign on the floor (more comfortable than the spring). I wish I complained on the front desk but I totally frogot about it until our last day. They do offer a pillow top but that did not mitigate that uncomforatble spring feeling when you lay down.

Overall, the stay is pretty good. My friends love the boutique spa hotel and vow never to check in cheap hotels from now on.

I love how it is non gaming so there is no smoke smell lingering in the lobby area.

Cosmopolitan and Aria hotel are just walking distance.

I will definitely be back at Vdara!!

Room Tip: Book a corner suite to get the best view of the Vegas strip.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank sambuddi2u

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,388)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 26 March 2012

The Vdara is small-scale luxury. A parents only trip to Las Vegas where we go quite often and have stayed everywhere. It is smoke-free and the pool, gym, lounge and cafe are all two minutes from your door. If you have been to Vegas you know that all these things can be a very long walk from your room through a large casino. Highlights: service is stunning as always, although we were only able to get a standard room, we had a beautiful view of the mountains; the food in what looks like an everyday walk-up cafe is great, better than some sit-downs in other casinos, try the sandwiches and breakfasts, worth the $10; the lounge luckily lacks the drunk, smoking, loud groups (this is not where the bachelor/ettes parties are hanging out); if you want to let loose and still be able to talk to the partner you came with, this is the place. It is close to all the craziness you desire since the Cosmo and Aria is literally steps away and Planet Hollywood and a slew of shops on the miracle mile are across the street. Lowlights: We did have a very loud group next to us that had to work extra hard to be disruptive because other than them, I did not hear anyone else talking or even opening and closing their doors.

Room Tip: The large suites are worth it if you need extra space, with huge wall windows but even the standard...
2 Thank FamilyontheMove_12
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We chose Vdara to try something different and I got a great deal on a city corner suite (41024, awesome view of the Bellagio fountains). The ambience as soon as you walk in is calm and serene, a world away from the bustle of Las Vegas. What the other reviewers have said about this is true, if you want calm, this is your place, if not, you might want to try somewhere else.

So the things I loved about Vdara. Non smoking which is great, the décor is sleek modern and sexy. The rooms have excellent amenities and are clean and comfortable. The bed is to die for. We ordered room service for breakfast both days of our stay and it was impeccably presented and delicious. We used the gym and it was well equipped but maybe could have been a little bigger? The café, although a little pricey was good for a snack too. The staff were friendly, efficient and accomodating always following up to make sure everything was satisfactory.

My main gripe I think is the location. If you walk through City Center you have to walk via Aria then Crystals, or via Bellagio or via the road then the Cosmo, or if you’re feeling adventurous/crazy, via the non-pedestrian road bit on the side of the Cosmo (don’t try this!!). You weren’t right there is what I’m trying to say. But for my husband and I who wanted some quality alone time relaxing – Vdara was an awesome oasis in the Mojave desert.

Room Tip: 41024 was awesome, a city corner suite
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JazzyCazy
California
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I loved this hotel. My only complaint was that they don't have a self-parking garage. You must valet park. This is a pain if you are coming-and-going a lot because you must wait for your car each time, and you need to keep tipping the valet over and over. I got a little tired of that after a couple of days. However, if you don't use your car very much (or if you don't even have a car), then this wouldn't be a problem.

That was my only complaint. I loved the location, the service, the room, the view, and the value. I thought the room was surprisingly cheap, considering how nice the room was, and the great view we had. I will definitely be going back to this hotel on my next trip.

Keep in mind that the hotel doesn't have a casino in it, but there are three other adjacent hotels with casinos, so if you don't mind a short walk, that shouldn't be a problem.

2 Thank Jim_and_Barbie
Ottery St. Mary, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Just spent 11 days at the Vdara in las Vegas, Our 2nd stay there, we have stayed in most of the 5 star hotels in the strip and would highly recommend this hotel, . We had a wonderful strip view from our suite, the room was spotless and the staff were all very polite and friendly.
It is nice to have the smoke free environment and a peaceful place to stay but still enjoy the shopping and entertainment on the strip.
Added bonus was the small kitchen area including the refrigerator/ microwave and 2 complimentary bottles of water each day.

3 Thank Dawn H
Bethel Park, PA
Reviewed 25 March 2012

For convenience, you cannot beat the Vdara. It is only a 5 minute walk from the strip, a short walk to the Aria and Bellagio and access to the tram that runs from the Bellagio to the Monte Carlo. You also do not have to negotiate a walk through a massive casino to reach the outside

Our City Center Corner Suite was huge with a large kitchen, bedroom, living room and enormous bathroom. It was very clean and luxurious.

On the negative side, for a hotel of this class, they need to upgrade to toilet paper that does not dissolve on contact. It was not even white but a dingy gray color and extremely thin like you would find in a cheap restaurant bathroom. The shower, although very spacious, had the shower head mounted up so high that combined with a very poor flow, made rinsing your hair difficult. It was funny that when a cab driver asked us how we liked the hotel, we mentioned the shower and he said he hears that from a lot of people. Does the hotel read these reviews???

The large windows gave an outstanding view of the city and the blinds and blackout shades lowered with the touch of a switch. Unfortunately, the blackout blind directly across from our bed was broken. We reported it on the first day but it was not fixed until after we had spent 4 nights waking up to bright light in our eyes.

We were also absolutely astounded that a hotel of this caliber chose to chain their iron to the ironing board. We have never even seen this done in cheap motels. Very tacky and insulting.

All in all, I still give this a very good rating and recommend the Vdara. Just bring your own toilet paper next time!

1 Thank Lana117
Uckfield, East Sussex
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We choose this hotel for quite a few reasons but mainly that it did not have a casino. It is a fairly new hotel and in the middle of the strip and we accessed it by walking through the Bellagio. Our room was very large and the king sized bed very comfortable. The bathroom was very modern with a large shower and bathtub. There was a small kitchen but not really required as everyone ate out anyway. We thought we would have tea and coffee facilities but they did not provide that for a 'deluxe' room. We did ask for a room with a view of the Strip and got one on the 20th floor with a view of the fountains at the Bellagio as well. All in all, a good choice only draw back was the $20 per night + tax resort fee which we though a tad expensive!!!!