“non Gaming resort”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Denver, Colorado
“non Gaming resort”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

First I did not know there was no casino in this resort, certainly not a minus. There is a tram to Bellagio and Aria and Monte Carlo so getting to a casino not a problem. We got a City Corner suite, it was beautiful! lots of windows and space. Our view was of the pool at Vdara and the Bellagio pool. The room was huge! full size kitchen (only minus was no coffee cups for the coffee maker you had to call and request?) So I ended up downstairs at the cafe and purchased a Latte, OJ and croissant $18 ! wow. There is a living room ,Bedroom seperated by a sliding glass doors. Nice huge bathroom double sink, great bathtub by the window and a huge vanity area.
My only complaints were no hair dryer in the room ( I did not bring mine) and the unavailable coffee cups.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chewtoy33

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,412)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Our stay at the Vdara was perfect. The hotel is very well located, right next to the Bellagio. I had requested a room with a view on the Bellagio fountains and we did get it (we had booked the Deluxe Suite, the less expensive room). The room surpassed our expectations. It was beautiful, spacious, clean, and had many extras we weren't expecting. The pool area was also very nice, with good music and lounge chairs. The food at the pool was delicious and not too pricy, and the staff was really friendly. Valet service was also very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice, quiet hotel without all the Vegas frenzy, but very close to it all. I wouldn't dream of going to any other hotel on our next Vegas trip.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view on the Bellagio fountains. We were on the 39th floor and it was beautiful...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Guylaine G
VdaraHotelSpa, Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Guylaine, thank you for the PERFECT review! We are very proud of our staff and the consistent service they provide to our guests every day. We're glad you enjoyed our spacious Deluxe Suite.
Thanks for choosing Vdara and we hope to you see you again soon in Las Vegas!

Patricia
Manager
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I wanted to like this hotel, I really did. There were just too many little details that fell short for me to give it more than three stars. But in the name of fairness, I'll start with the pros:

-Excellent customer service, from the valet, to check in, to housekeeping and spa I felt welcomed and valued. This they get right.
-The views. This place is well situated to give you the wow factor of the valley.
-Non-smoking, non-gambling property. Odd to make that a pro, but if you are not interested in spending your entire time in the town smelling like an ash tray (or are sensitive to smoke), this is big plus.
-All suite, each room is spacious and has it's own kitchenette. Nice if you don't want to eat each meal out.

Now the details that made it a bit crazy for me
-Confusing entrance. The circle that is City Center is hard to figure out from how to get into it to where it is you're supposed to go once you do. This was compounded by,
-No self parking. I don't mind valeting my car when I first arrive, but sometimes I just want to get my car and go, or park my car and get inside. Waiting for the valet anytime I wanted to go off the property was irritating
-No kitchen ware until requested. The kitchenette was great, except that I had nothing to use in it, no utensils, no plates, no cookware, not even a coffee mug or a coffee maker. Housekeeping was great about getting it to me quickly, but it was a bit strange to have to ask.
-Small details such as a reclining bath that had the faucet situated over the reclining side so it wasn't comfortable, early closings for the pool (5 pm. really?), the need to go through the spa to get to the fitness area, early closing on the marketplace (8 pm), small and sparsely located trash cans in the unit, and the amount of noise from the unit above me. Finding holes and scorch marks in my sheets.

The biggest con of all to me was that the property feels isolated. There is a tram that runs between the other City Center properties, but if you wanted to get anywhere else, either by foot or by car, it was a trek and an ordeal. I understand (as I grew up in that city) that the goal has always been to make it easier to get in than to get out, but the Vdara even seems to make it difficult to get in.

Overall, it is a nice property, comfortable beds, nice rooms and a lot of potential, it just isn't there yet.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
worcester

5 night stay in the 2 bed penthouse suite on 56th floor
wonderful suite with almost a 360 degree view of las vegas and the bellagio fountains
the suite had a nice kitchen area, microwave fridge
both bedrooms with own bathroom and also washing machine and dryer
because we booked the penthouse we got picked up by a limo from the airport and got invited guest check in which was very quick.
for those that hire a car, it is quicker to valet or to park at belaggio and walk to vdara otherwise you have to park at the aria which is furthur.

Room Tip: ask for high floor
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Delta, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We have stayed at the Vdara twice now in the last year and are going back in June for a 3rd stay. Love this hotel, the one bedroom corner view suites are awesome. Big and spacious, kitchen has full size fridge,stove top (no oven) large microwave and dishwasher. Just remember when you check in to have them stock the cupboards with dishes and stuff. Huge main bathroom plus another ensuite in the main living area. Short walk to the Belagio, Aria, Cosmo and Planet Hollywood. Staff at check are grea,t very friendly and efficient. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: City corner suite overlooking the Belagio fountains
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sherry181787
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Vdara, great non-smoking hotel. Wonderful facial and massage. The hotel is quiet and the beds are comfortable. My best friend and I had a room facing the Bellagio fountains. Spectacular at night. This should have been a five star review...However, on our second day the room had not been made up when we returned from a very wonderful day of shopping, etc. My best friend called house-keeping. She said because it was so late that the following day would be fine for house-keeping.
We were fast asleep when housekeeping showed up at our door around two am. Thought someone was trying to break into the room. My friend called the front desk. There was an apology and she was told a nights stay would be taken off our bill.
At check-out (May 18th) the bill reflected only a $25.00 resort fee had been deducted. (there is a 25.00 per day resort fee) We thought a nights stay is a nights stay. The desk clerk knocked off another 40.00. We still had to pay 50.00 plus dollars...(we had pre-paid our entire stay through southwest vacations) Wow! how generous.
Sending someone to clean a room at 2:00am is scary and totally inappropriate. It is just plain inconsiderate to the hotel guest....
Obviously the management has serious flaws......Common sense would dictate that at 2:00am people are asleep even in Vegas......

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the Bellagio fountains....fantastic
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dlmink65
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

We decided to go to Vegas for my 30th birthday, this was the second time I have been. The taxi took about 20 mins from airport which worked out to cost around $25 plus a tip. The vdara is situated just off the strip and to navigate out when walking you will need to go via the Bellagio or Aria which wasn't a big problem but probably took around 15/20 mins.
When checking in I asked If we could have a room overlooking the fountains (bellagio) which they did and they also put us on the 50th floor. The room was faultless with one of the best views I have ever seen. The room was well equipped for there standard room with robes and slippers awaiting. The kitchen doesn't have any utensils but you can ask and they are provided.
As the hotel didn't have a casino it was quite nice to be able to get away from it if you wanted. Bar vdara is not very big and was quite busy so we ended up drinking elsewhere. We also didn't eat there as their wasn't really a lot on offer.
The pool was Good but you cannot have the sun brollies down at certain times of the day because of the shape of the hotel windows magnifies the sun and as you can expect can get very hot. You can choose to pay around $100 to get a VIP area with pool and more room to sunbath.
Overall we enjoyed Vdara but would probably stay somewhere else when going to Vegas again.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple