“Hotel Vdara Las Vegas”

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #13 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The unit I shared with my adult son, had a Queen Size bed and a sofa bed. When we arrived the sofa hadn't been made up, so I had to call for the Housekeeper to come and make up the sofa bed. The toilet got blocked and overflowed, so we had to call the maintenance man on our first night within an hour of our arrival in the suite.There was a kitchenette there, but there was absolutely no cutlery or dishes, perhaps they didn't want us to make a mess, but then there wasn't a dish cloth either. My aunt in Los Angeles had given us some Persimmons to eat which we took with us to Las Vegas, no cutlery, so as the little sign in the room said to call for some cutlery and plates, which we did. There were some bathroom scales in the bathroom, only problem is we only got an ERR message whenever either of us stepped on them, maybe it needed a new battery. Our message to the cleaners went unheeded, and it was just left in the bathroom without a fix. The 2 telephones in the room didn't work using the handsets but the speaker phone in one of them did,The maintenance man who came and fixed the toilet fixed them both, so it wasn't my imagination. On arrival, the Male Receptionist ,virtually looked down his nose at us, and wasn't very welcoming. I gave him my Visa Debit Card to cover the Incident Charges during our stay, but he said he couldn't use it, requesting a Credit Card. I told him, my bank said to simply push the Credit function and it would function like a regular credit card, which is what we did for the Hotel menage in Los Angeles. This Male Receptionist didn't want a bar of it, so I gave him my Visa Credit Card.The phone numbers which had been programmed into the phone were very hard to read, and the room directory didn't give much information, almost like they didn't want you to ring them. I rung the Assistant Manager's phone extension and got a receptionist who sent the maintenance Man up for the blocked toilet. He organised for a cleaner to come and clean up the toilet floor owing to the toilet overflowing. The response time to our problems was very fast, so well done Vdara, only wish you'd fixed the bathroom scales, as we were keen to see if we had put on weight during our stay.
Nice view from the room. It was an accommodation block attached to the Aria Hotel Casino/Resort, all owned by MGM. Overall the room on the 53rd floor was clean and had a nice view of Las Vegas, not that you could see the street directly below, because of the height and it was a back lot. The access to the Bellagio Hotel, which we discovered half way through our stay, wasn't enough to makeup for the above. It should have been better publicised.

Room Tip: Pretty quiet up on the 53rd floor. No casino and no through traffic like the Aria Hotel that the Vda...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank WilliamofWellington
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear WilliamofWellington,

We appreciate you leaving feedback about your recent stay at Vdara. On behalf of the hotel, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with the maintenance in your room. Your satisfaction is important to us and we are sorry this trip fell short of your expectations. A member of our Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you shortly to further discuss your issues and we hope you will give us another try during your next trip to Las Vegas!

Vdara Guest Relations

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I have been to different hotels all over the U.S. and a few in Europe. Vdara in Las Vegas is great. Every person for the most part that we came in contact was great. I didn't encounter all the cigarette smoke that you can run into around Vegas. The strip is easily accessible from the hotel as you can walk through the Bellagio or Aria. The room was nice, big and comfortable. Beautiful furniture, great price for room and view. The two free bottles of water that you get each day really came in handy. I went with friends to celebrate a birthday and the hotel staff gave a card and a box of chocolates. The food price in the on-site market is reasonable and good.

1  Thank Texastravels13
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Yeah...100% non-smoking property! Cigarette smoke seriously affects my sinuses. I technically give this place 4.5 stars because I'm being really nit-picky. There is a lot of dark wood surfaces in the suite; therefore, a lot of dust. I left a few items on the night stand and knew nothing was moved because there was noticeable dust. But that's it about the negatives.

Housekeeping was great. I requested a couple of empty coffee cups and a couple of silverware settings. It came in about 10-15 minutes as promised. I love how the suite is just like a studio apartment even though the bedroom and the living room was separated by a wall. There was still space to walk on either side of the wall.

The one thing I did notice is that it's quiet. I was in room 12-044 with a view of the north (Palms, Rio, Caesar's, Bellagio, and a sliver of Bally's, the Bellagio fountains, and the Eiffel Tower). I liked the button-controlled black out shades and the separate shower and tub. I also liked the scan of the room key over the sensor and the buttons for the do not disturb and housekeeper lights.

For a 5-star hotel, I expected at least a coffee maker, but fortunately, I brought in my own coffee and pourover equipment and filters.

Room Tip: If you don't want sun shining in your room, request a north side room. If you want a view, requ...
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Beautiful hotel without a casino! No smoking anywhere! Yea!

First surprise was the FREE valet parking for hotel guests -- greatly appreciated for mom traveling with two kids and lots of luggage. Easy and early check in no problem. Our luggage made it up to the room slightly quicker than we did!

We stayed here at an unbelievably low rate just after the Thanksgiving weekend. Our room overlooked the Bellagio fountains as well as the mountains in the far distance. Gorgeous views with auto shades should you prefer to sleep without the view.

We stayed for a couple of nights in a "suite". Nice kitchenette, and they'll bring you pots and pans, coffee maker, kitchen linens, etc. if you want to seriously cook in. The kids swam, although the pool closed at 5 pm. Loved the deep soaking tub and separate shower. The room was beautifully decorated. The bed was awesome. The pull out sofa was crazy awful -- more springs than an actual mattress.

Only one restaurant at the bar in the lobby, but the Aria is connected and is full of just about any type of cuisine you care to spend your money on.

All in all, a fabulous stay in a comfortable place with good peeps taking care of you. Go.

Room Tip: One side faces the Bellagio fountains. If you plan to make use of the kitchen, let them know upon ch...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear ramblin2161,

We appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts about your stay at Vdara. We are pleased to hear you and your children had a pleasant stay with us and that you all were able to enjoy time at the pool and the views from your room. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your next family vacation!

Vdara Guest relations

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I had a fantastic weekend stay at Vdara with friends. Booked through M Life and everything went smoothly. Staff was friendly and accommodating. My room was not ready when I arrived, so the front desk moved me to an available room immediately. Housekeeping was phenomenal, concierge was helpful—she recommended a few bars to check out and called to confirm closing times for each—and the café store was well stocked and fairly reasonably priced. The covered walkway to the Bellagio was also a major selling point and proved very convenient during our stay. Only complaint was the weak water pressure in the shower. Other than that, my stay was great and I plan to return in the future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

A great place to relax and unwind. A favorite get-away for me and my husband. It is a non-casino hotel in the heart of the Strip with easy access to the Aria and Bellagio. The food choices in the surrounding area is phenomenal and there is plenty of entertainment options close by. After a full day you can retreat to your peaceful room and enjoy a very deep tub and a very soft bed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband and I spent 4 nights at the Vdara in October 2013. The Vdara is situated in City Center behind Aria and the Bellagio. It is a very modern and clean hotel which does not have a casino or an on site restaurant. There is a casino at the Aria and the Bellagio if you want to gamble and also a variety of restaurants nearby. Check in at the Vdara was quick and the front desk clerk was friendly. The rooms have kitchenettes but you have to request dishes and cutlery which we did on check in. They were delivered shortly after arrival. The room itself was quite spacious for a hotel room (we stayed in one of their basic rooms) and very clean. The bathroom had a separate shower and tub which was nice. The bed was very comfortable. The furniture was showing some wear but nothing was broken. The concierge was very helpful in answering questions and giving recommendations. Security is very visible. We did notice that if we weren't dressed up (shorts or capris and t-shirts) they would ask to see our room key every time we went up to our room but if we were dressed up to go out for the night they did not ask on our return. It was a bit annoying but it would keep out people who aren't guests.

We tried the buffet at Aria for breakfast and dinner and were very impressed. We would highly recommend this buffet. We also stopped by the new pizza place in Aria by the casino for a early, early morning snack and were very impressed as well. We also went to the buffet at the Bellagio and were very disappointed. Surprisingly, the food at the Bellagio's buffet wasn't nearly as fresh or as tasty as Aria's buffet. We would not go back there. There is a small cafe that serves sandwiches, sweets and drinks etc. The food (and smoothies) there is good but the cafe is not open very late. We ordered room service for breakfast one day and were very pleasantly surprised. Lots of food and it was delicious. It is a bit pricey but if you are able to splurge, it is definitely worth it!

All in all, we would definitely recommend staying at the Vdara. Keep in mind it is not directly on the strip but a short walk through either the Bellagio or Aria or down the side street and you are on the strip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up and one with a view of the Bellagio fountains
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear 2travelingfam3,

We appreciate you providing feedback about your recent stay with us. At Vdara we strive to provide a luxurious guest experience in all aspects of your stay - with check-in, dining, amenities in your suite, and our hotel staff. We are pleased you enjoyed all of these aspects of your trip! We value your patronage and look forward to seeing you again soon on your next Las Vegas getaway.

Vdara Guest Relations