“Unexpected surprise.” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
“Unexpected surprise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

My boyfriend booked this through a hotel website that you bid on. Basically we set certain parameters, including amenities and price and it gave us a blind bid. We ended up with the Vdara and it turned out to be a very nice and unexpected surprise. The location is fab, set just behind the Strip.

It's non gaming and non smoking which was a huge plus for me. The rooms are all suites with a stove and fridge which was useful but unnecessary as we ate out all the time but if you like to cook go for it. The furniture is of good quality, bedding is nice and the bathroom is spacious with a bath and shower cubicle/room.

One nice touch after our first night was made by the housekeeping staff. We arrived back in our room to find that our toiletries had been arranged neatly on a towel beside the sink. It's this attention to detail that I really enjoyed.

The price even without the special offer we managed to get is reasonable for a very hotel of this standard and quality.

I know there will be some people questioning why go to a non gaming hotel in Vegas. I would say don't worry as there are so many with Ballagio and Aria a short walk away. As for the smoking, I don't think you'd even bother booking if you really wanted to smoke in your room.

All in all a very pleasant stay.

Green Features: If the environment is constantly on your mind this hotel is one of the better ones on the strip.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank barefoot82
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear barefoot82,

Your feedback regarding your recent stay at Vdara is truly appreciated. We are happy a surprise bidding gave us the opportunity to showcase what we have to offer you as a valued guest. Our staff at Vdara is dedicated to pampering our guests and we are pleased you appreciate the attention to detail our housekeeping staff provides when servicing your room. We hope to have another opportunity in the future to provide you with another luxurious vacation experience!

Vdara Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,324)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

The unit I shared with my adult son, had a Queen Size bed and a sofa bed. When we arrived the sofa hadn't been made up, so I had to call for the Housekeeper to come and make up the sofa bed. The toilet got blocked and overflowed, so we had to call the maintenance man on our first night within an hour of our arrival in the suite.There was a kitchenette there, but there was absolutely no cutlery or dishes, perhaps they didn't want us to make a mess, but then there wasn't a dish cloth either. My aunt in Los Angeles had given us some Persimmons to eat which we took with us to Las Vegas, no cutlery, so as the little sign in the room said to call for some cutlery and plates, which we did. There were some bathroom scales in the bathroom, only problem is we only got an ERR message whenever either of us stepped on them, maybe it needed a new battery. Our message to the cleaners went unheeded, and it was just left in the bathroom without a fix. The 2 telephones in the room didn't work using the handsets but the speaker phone in one of them did,The maintenance man who came and fixed the toilet fixed them both, so it wasn't my imagination. On arrival, the Male Receptionist ,virtually looked down his nose at us, and wasn't very welcoming. I gave him my Visa Debit Card to cover the Incident Charges during our stay, but he said he couldn't use it, requesting a Credit Card. I told him, my bank said to simply push the Credit function and it would function like a regular credit card, which is what we did for the Hotel menage in Los Angeles. This Male Receptionist didn't want a bar of it, so I gave him my Visa Credit Card.The phone numbers which had been programmed into the phone were very hard to read, and the room directory didn't give much information, almost like they didn't want you to ring them. I rung the Assistant Manager's phone extension and got a receptionist who sent the maintenance Man up for the blocked toilet. He organised for a cleaner to come and clean up the toilet floor owing to the toilet overflowing. The response time to our problems was very fast, so well done Vdara, only wish you'd fixed the bathroom scales, as we were keen to see if we had put on weight during our stay.
Nice view from the room. It was an accommodation block attached to the Aria Hotel Casino/Resort, all owned by MGM. Overall the room on the 53rd floor was clean and had a nice view of Las Vegas, not that you could see the street directly below, because of the height and it was a back lot. The access to the Bellagio Hotel, which we discovered half way through our stay, wasn't enough to makeup for the above. It should have been better publicised.

Room Tip: Pretty quiet up on the 53rd floor. No casino and no through traffic like the Aria Hotel that the Vda...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank WilliamofWellington
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear WilliamofWellington,

We appreciate you leaving feedback about your recent stay at Vdara. On behalf of the hotel, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with the maintenance in your room. Your satisfaction is important to us and we are sorry this trip fell short of your expectations. A member of our Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you shortly to further discuss your issues and we hope you will give us another try during your next trip to Las Vegas!

Vdara Guest Relations
N/A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

I have been to different hotels all over the U.S. and a few in Europe. Vdara in Las Vegas is great. Every person for the most part that we came in contact was great. I didn't encounter all the cigarette smoke that you can run into around Vegas. The strip is easily accessible from the hotel as you can walk through the Bellagio or Aria. The room was nice, big and comfortable. Beautiful furniture, great price for room and view. The two free bottles of water that you get each day really came in handy. I went with friends to celebrate a birthday and the hotel staff gave a card and a box of chocolates. The food price in the on-site market is reasonable and good.

1 Thank Texastravels13
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Yeah...100% non-smoking property! Cigarette smoke seriously affects my sinuses. I technically give this place 4.5 stars because I'm being really nit-picky. There is a lot of dark wood surfaces in the suite; therefore, a lot of dust. I left a few items on the night stand and knew nothing was moved because there was noticeable dust. But that's it about the negatives.

Housekeeping was great. I requested a couple of empty coffee cups and a couple of silverware settings. It came in about 10-15 minutes as promised. I love how the suite is just like a studio apartment even though the bedroom and the living room was separated by a wall. There was still space to walk on either side of the wall.

The one thing I did notice is that it's quiet. I was in room 12-044 with a view of the north (Palms, Rio, Caesar's, Bellagio, and a sliver of Bally's, the Bellagio fountains, and the Eiffel Tower). I liked the button-controlled black out shades and the separate shower and tub. I also liked the scan of the room key over the sensor and the buttons for the do not disturb and housekeeper lights.

For a 5-star hotel, I expected at least a coffee maker, but fortunately, I brought in my own coffee and pourover equipment and filters.

Room Tip: If you don't want sun shining in your room, request a north side room. If you want a view, requ...
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Beautiful hotel without a casino! No smoking anywhere! Yea!

First surprise was the FREE valet parking for hotel guests -- greatly appreciated for mom traveling with two kids and lots of luggage. Easy and early check in no problem. Our luggage made it up to the room slightly quicker than we did!

We stayed here at an unbelievably low rate just after the Thanksgiving weekend. Our room overlooked the Bellagio fountains as well as the mountains in the far distance. Gorgeous views with auto shades should you prefer to sleep without the view.

We stayed for a couple of nights in a "suite". Nice kitchenette, and they'll bring you pots and pans, coffee maker, kitchen linens, etc. if you want to seriously cook in. The kids swam, although the pool closed at 5 pm. Loved the deep soaking tub and separate shower. The room was beautifully decorated. The bed was awesome. The pull out sofa was crazy awful -- more springs than an actual mattress.

Only one restaurant at the bar in the lobby, but the Aria is connected and is full of just about any type of cuisine you care to spend your money on.

All in all, a fabulous stay in a comfortable place with good peeps taking care of you. Go.

Room Tip: One side faces the Bellagio fountains. If you plan to make use of the kitchen, let them know upon ch...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear ramblin2161,

We appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts about your stay at Vdara. We are pleased to hear you and your children had a pleasant stay with us and that you all were able to enjoy time at the pool and the views from your room. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your next family vacation!

Vdara Guest relations
Tucson, Arizona, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I had a fantastic weekend stay at Vdara with friends. Booked through M Life and everything went smoothly. Staff was friendly and accommodating. My room was not ready when I arrived, so the front desk moved me to an available room immediately. Housekeeping was phenomenal, concierge was helpful—she recommended a few bars to check out and called to confirm closing times for each—and the café store was well stocked and fairly reasonably priced. The covered walkway to the Bellagio was also a major selling point and proved very convenient during our stay. Only complaint was the weak water pressure in the shower. Other than that, my stay was great and I plan to return in the future.

Henderson, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

A great place to relax and unwind. A favorite get-away for me and my husband. It is a non-casino hotel in the heart of the Strip with easy access to the Aria and Bellagio. The food choices in the surrounding area is phenomenal and there is plenty of entertainment options close by. After a full day you can retreat to your peaceful room and enjoy a very deep tub and a very soft bed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple