“Best hotel in Vegas in every way possible”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vdara Hotel & Spa

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #11 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best hotel in Vegas in every way possible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Love Love Love vdara! We stayed here for 2 nights and although I’ve been to Vegas dozens of times, nothing compares to this hotel.

LOCATION: right on the strip, next to Bellagio and Aria

HOTEL: I was so happy there was no casino as part of this hotel. It is of course a personal preference, but for me this was ideal. It was cool, but not an uncomfortably trendy ambiance.

ROOM: One of my favorite rooms of all time. Get the room facing the Bellagio on a high floor and you’ll see the fountains at night. Loved the bathroom and the soaking tubs. Microwave, stove, fridge – it’s a super hot home away from home.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: Beyond Excellent. The lady at room service went above and beyond to met all our needs. Whether you are gluten free, or have allergies, they have a solution for everything. AND the food is the best tasting, healthy room service food I’ve had.

OVERALL: I will never stay at any other hotel in Vegas. It’s romantic for couples and a peaceful oasis to come back to after partying all day and night in Sin city.

Room Tip: get a room facing the bellagio on a high floor
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,365)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Great hotel to relax and get your work done with facilities that accommodate everyone! Not your ordinary teeny bopper casino so there are no slamming doors and housekeeping does an excellent job! The market is also very nice with a lite menu and essentials that you can take back to your room which was convenient and not at room service prices!

Room Tip: Great rooms, all non smoking! And very quiet atmosphere which is unusual for vegas!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

We arrived this afternoon, and asked for turndown service. By the time we left for dinner they still had not come, so we stopped at the front desk and asked again. When we got back to our room at midnight - still no turndown. This is not a small matter when you have 3 people staying in the suite and are counting on using the sleeper sofa. When we tried to make up the bed ourselves we realized that it was like making up a bed over box springs. Very irritating. It is now 1 a.m. and housekeeping just arrived to make it up. I have a conference call at 9 a.m. tomorrow; this is no way to run a hotel. I certainly hope things improve from here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank WhoKnew55
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear WhoKnew55,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at Vdara. We are disappointed to hear about the inconveniences you are experiencing with housekeeping services and your requests not being met in a timely manner. This is certainly not indicative of the high standards we strive to achieve in our services to our guests. A member of our Guest Relations team has reached out to you in hopes we can take care of your vacation needs for the rest of your stay.

Best regards,

Lisette Hairston
Vdara Guest Relations
Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed at Vdara for four nights during a business trip. The location is very central and within walking distance to the strip and shopping. However, when we got there we could not find the entrance and took a couple of wrong turns since it is not very well marked.

Our room was large and the view was spectacular. Our bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. There were 2 small bottles of water in the refrigerator and 2 water glasses, nothing else. We brought a bottle of wine and champagne with us, we called housekeeping for wine glasses and were told they were in the room. After searching through all the empty cabinets we called back again and they sent out glasses 30 minutes later. We put our champagne bottle to chill in the refrigerator for the next day, and set the dial to the coldest setting. The next evening when we got our champagne out, it was only slightly chilled at best. Not a very cold refrigerator.

Our bathroom sink started to back up upon the first use and we called the front desk about it. No one ever came to fix it even though we called every afternoon after our meetings about it, we gave up on our last day.

The room was not cleaned everyday even as we set the "housekeeping" light on. There were no more water bottles, glasses, or clean towels sent. We called every day but they did not manage to clean the room. They would only deliver towels, and drinking glasses if we called to order. Definitely more attention to detail and customer service needed at Vdara.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank CAtravelerLA
Dear CAtravelerLA,

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about your recent trip to Vdara. On behalf of the hotel I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the level of housekeeping services you received during your stay and maintenance issues in your suite. At Vdara we strive to accommodate the vacation needs of each guest and I apologize this was not the case during your trip. A member of our Guest Relations team will be contacting you directly to further discuss your concerns. As a Senior Contributor your feedback is much appreciated and will be forwarded to the appropriate department heads so we can continue to improve our services. We value your patronage and look forward to your next visit with us!

Best regards,

Lisette
Vdara Guest Relations
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

There is much to like about Vdara. I have never waited more than a couple of minutes for check in. The bar always seems to make good drinks and never seems to be overly crowded. The hotel is an easy walk to some of the best food, bar, and shopping choices in the area (Bellagio, Aria, Mandarin Oriental, Cosmopolitan). The rooms are very nice set up.

This time I had a corner view suite and was a little disappointed in the maintenance aspect. For getting one of their better suites in a top rated hotel, I expected not to have to deal with broken network outlets, banged up furniture pieces, loose toilet paper holders, and marks on the wall. My room had all of these issues. I checked in fairly late and it was dark, so I did not report the issues because I had already somewhat unpacked by the time I discovered them. I don't like having maintenance in my room while I am staying there. The biggest issue was trying to get housekeeping to supply me with simple items. During the few days I stayed there, I did not have the room cleaned by choice. However I was asked two different times by a phone call from the front desk if I would like the bottled water restocked, I said yes both times. It never came. On my last night, I asked where I could get laundry detergent for the washer / dryer in the room and they offered to bring some to me. After two additional requests for the same thing, it never arrived in 12 hours or more. To say that it was annoying to be offered bottled water and laundry detergent, but for it to never arrive, is an understatement. After another call and a lengthy explanation, I did finally have someone arrive with water, but no detergent. They had to go back for that (probably not his fault).

For me, it is the little things like this that stand out. Vdara has no restaurant, no casino, no entertainment, no shopping, and barely a lobby bar. So it has to stand out on its value or service. Usually it is only $20 a night less than Aria and sometimes the Cosmo. If the maintenance and service aspect fails, it has nothing left to separate it. I have stayed here a few times and it is still good, but I have already booked a different hotel for the next trip.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank halo36
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

The hotel was very nice and quiet. Rooms were modern and clean and check in was easy.

Finding the hotel off the strip took a few days. Coming from South strip went though Aria, but be sure to use the North Valet exit from Aria, this will take you to Vdara. The tram works well from Aria and Belagio.

The hotel is quiet, my wife and I missed the ability to go to the lobby and having bars, gaming and restaurants. If you are looking for quiet modern and upscale this is for you.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ejabrams
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

We were made to feel at home in 5 star quality. Attention to detail ,they didn't miss a trick. Beautiful room with a great view of Bellagio fountains.State of the art room ,my wife especially liked the remote control window blinds. Full service kitchen and dinning room for your own type of meal.Soft plush beds and abathroom complete with whirlpool tub and gigantic walk in shower. The amenities from the pool area to the gym to the hip main floor bar were great !

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple