“Atypical in Las Vegas”

Ranked #12 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Atypical in Las Vegas”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I was looking for good value, good location and an excellent sized room. I got all this plus more; friendly and helpful service, free valet parking, ideal location for the Strip and a convenient café in the lobby. The hotel doesn`t have a casino and lots of bars and restaurants - those are close by (next door!) if you want them but you don`t feel like you are in a giant goldfish bowl.
I would certainly recommend this hotel for both business travellers and those on vacation who don`t want to stay in an ultra busy casino hotel.

Room Tip: Ask the receptionist for their recommendation
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,360)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We really loved this hotel. The bedrooms were huge and the bed was very comfortable. We also loved the fact that it was a non-smoking, non-gambling hotel - a real haven after a busy night and/or day out in the town!

The views from our room were spectacular. Service though, was a bit hit and miss but not so bad as to ruin our break. Food was expensive in the bar but very tasty and breakfast/coffee from the coffee shop downstairs was also very good. Overall, we would recommend this hotel and if we were to visit Vegas again we would definitely stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Vdara for three nights during New Year's Eve. We chose the Vdara based on TripAdvisor reviews. While most of what I read was accurate, there were a few things I wished I had known ahead of time.

Pros:
- Location was great. It was connected to the Bellagio via a walkway. It was by the Cosmopolitan and Aria.
- The property is smoke-free (or supposed to be).
- They have a small cafe near the lobby if you want to buy a quick snack or light meal.
- Valet parking.

Cons:
- We arrived on a Sunday at around noon and were told our room would be ready in two hours. Six hours later it still wasn't ready. After a lengthy discussion with one of the clerks and management we were upgraded to a suite
- The rooms were fairly clean but not as much clean as we had hoped. The mirrors were dirty and a used water bottle was on the floor. Both small details but noticeable.
- The hotel is supposed to be smoke-free. Unfortunately not everyone follows their policy and our room smelled of cigarette smoke.
- The furniture is starting to show some wear.

My husband and I both agreed that next time we are in Las Vegas, we will choose another hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank rporta
Del Mar, California
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Driving up a sweeping curved ramp towards front of the Vdara is breathtaking!
A high rise contemporary glass hotel structure with a modern art movement design that encompasses City Center. City Center offers a fresh injection to Vegas with new, fresh and modern (3) hotel properties compared to the heavy designed theme parked hotels (ie: Paris, New York, Venetian) that’s overrun with tourists and a carnival theme atmosphere up and down the strip. City Center makes the main Vegas strip/hotels seem stale and dated in comparison.

I’ve stayed at numerous hotels in Vegas. Vdara ranks the top of my list as favorite hotel property! Walking into the lobby your greeted with a fresh, boutique-feel and modern atmosphere. Special mention to Kemet, at the front desk and his excellent customer service. From my understanding, the hotel was originally designed as condominiums and morphed into a boutique, intimate feel-like hotel with a cozy lobby entry, marketplace café, lobby bar Starbucks and non-casino floor. However, no disappoint here because just a few steps away is Aria and Cosmopolitan hotels that offers casino floors, an array of restaurants and sizzling nightclubs.

The rooms seemed to be inspired by classy designer who understands luxury design and created
a fabulous, trendy and upscale feel! Large, oversize plate glass windows run the entire length of the room and with just a touch of a button automatic sheer window panels raise up to reveal sweeping views of Vegas. The guest rooms offer a modern suite vibe with a smart layout with a sanctuary style bedroom with comfortable bedding and plush pillows, smart living room and dining area that includes a kitchenette with high end stainless steel appliances. The stylish contemporary bathroom is spa-like and scrumptious with top notch touches. We also upgraded to a corner suite room with unbelievable panoramic views!

The staff is great and attentive. Resort fee includes free valet parking and free internet. Room service and nice sized fitness center too. All in all, Vdara really hits the mark!! and gives Vegas a real sultry and upscale dose with the today’s latest appeal to a truly discerning guest.

Room Tip: Request room overlooking Bellagio water fountain.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pamela R
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Pamela R,

Thank you for taking time to share your thought about Vdara with fellow travelers. We truly enjoyed reading your review and appreciate your kind words and feedback. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your trip; from your first impression during the drive in, to our staff providing exceptional customer service, and simply enjoying the views from your suite! We look forward to your future visits and hope to welcome you back as a loyal guest of Vdara.

Best regards,

Lisette
Vdara Guest Relations
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Vegas is not exactly my kind of town, so I did not have high hopes for my recent stay (I prefer my desert to be located near the Red Sea or Gulf of Oman and far from the sound of people trying to sell me Celine Dion concert tickets or, worse yet, Celine herself). Fortunately, I managed to book my husband and I into one of the casino-less, nicer hotels,conveniently located to shops and food. If you're looking for a solid 4 star hotel with good amenities and great location this is it.

Plus side:

Handy market place in the lobby (with aspirin, water, etc.)
Starbucks in the lobby!
Adjoining the Bellagio (for your luxury fix)
Adjacent Crystal shops (I got my Louis on in hour 1 of this trip! Mahvellous).
Adjacent Aria (check out the patisserie, but be warned: not many options for the gluten/dairy-free other than sorbet)
Pool complete with attendants
Security. I like seeing security staff by the elevators checking people coming in and out.
Juan in the business centre. Good guy. Very helpful! I forgive him for being a Rangers fan.

Cons
Free wifi service is pretty lame (if you want to stream the latest episode of Mob Wives, you'll be upgrading to paid service)
The resort fee is a laughable cash grab on the part of the strip hotels. As I said earlier, I love a good resort and this is not one. For example, where's the beach sports, dancing, local entertainment, exercise classes, guided activities? In other words, exactly what "extra services" am I paying the fee for?
Hideous canoe statue. I paid for a view, but this isn't the view I was hoping for.

Tips:
no matter how desperate you get, and how tired you are, avoid the cashews. $12.

2 Thank Bleurussie
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Great stay. We did their best corner suite which yielded panoramic views, a separate kitchen with full toaster oven & refrigerator, washer and dryer, separate living room, tub with city views and sizeable bathroom. The hotel is all non-smoking and an excellent deal. We were a little concerned that it was not in a casino itself, but it is connected by a short walkway to Bellagio and Aria. There is also an extremely convenient tram to monte carlo and the far side of Bellagio (which is then just a short walk to the Cosmo). We go to Vegas every year, and I have to say the location was equally convenient to Cosmo, Bellagio, etc, which have many bars and activities right in the same building, but the walk to get to them ends up being the same. Thus, no regrets staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Came with my fiance' for our annual Vegas trip(5th year) First pulled up around noon. Check in was swift. Just remember they charge a $25 resort fee everyday you stay and another $100 hold for every day you stay. We booked the Vdara suite through MLife and our room was Rm. 17021. Was right next to the elevator which always took no longer than 20 secs i might add.

Went in the room and it was spotless. half bathroom to your right and washer and dryer to your left. Kitchen has a full fridge, stove and microwave. There is also a little mini fridge by the stove. Dont touch that unless u want to be charged for all the contents that are in it which can add up to $75

Blinds and "black out" shades roll down automatically and there is also 2 thermostats as well as 2 tv's for the living room and bedroom which i loved since i like to keep my bedroom cold when i sleep. Bathroom is nice but I've seen better at the MGM Signature.

To leave we either took our rental which the valet never took more than 5 mins to give us our car or we took the Monorail which was only a 30 sec walk to access the Aria or the Monte Caro which we took to access the strip.

I still would stay at the MGM Signature before staying here because the Sig is a little bit closer to all the action food & gaming wise but its a very close 2nd.This would be a choice of mine to get away from the casino life and enjoy the comfort of Vegas. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 17021. A few steps from the elevator and the view of the sun setting over the city(no...
1 Thank freezefiya
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear freezefiya,

Thank you for your recent feedback about your stay here with us at Vdara. We are glad to hear you found Vdara to be a comfortable alternative to the typical Las Vegas experience and that you enjoyed the amenities offered in your suite. It is important you know how much we value your patronage and your kind words provide motivation for us to continue to improve our services. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Best regards,