“Beautiful hotel”

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #13 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I am a local and I stayed in almost all the hotels in Las Vegas. I am very satisfied with the room, i got the Spa suite with panoramic view and it was absolutely stunning, the suite is beautiful and the staff are super nice and welcoming. I am a travel agent and will defenetly reconmmand this hotel to my customers. the price was great and we walked like 2 minutes to get to Aria hotel. very happy

Room Tip: get a panoramic view and enjoy it spa suite was just beautiful
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed four nights. I have stayed at many places in Las Vegas, but this was hands down the best of them all. The staff was so professional and friendly. From the Valet to the front desk and housekeeping every staff member we met gave me the impression that they really wanted to make sure our stay was the best it could be. Check in and check out was quick and effortless. The grounds are clean and well kept.
The Vdara is now at the top of our list of favorite places to stay in Vegas.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear John R,

Thank you for taking time to share feedback about your recent stay with us. On behalf of the hotel we thank you for your kind praises and we are honored you think we are the best in Las Vegas! Our staff at Vdara always strives to provide a memorable vacation experience for our guests. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back as a loyal guest of Vdara.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

This was our second stay at the Vdara; upon arrival we were upgraded from our reserved Vdara suite to a corner suite as “there were none of out selected room types clean at the time of our check in.” The corner suite was larger that the Vdara suite but with all of the same amenities, we were at the back of the hotel but the views were still spectacular. Being on the 43rd floor the room was very quiet, no noise from the traffic or the neighbours. The room was clean and housekeeping attended the room every day, just ensure you press the housekeeping button before leaving your room each day to ensure that your room gets cleaned. I am giving the hotel a 4 because the sofa in the lounge area was very uncomfortable meaning that we were using the bedroom as a lounge because it was more comfortable to sit on the bed than the couch.

The hotel is situated behind the Bellagio, which can be reached by a short walk. There is also a tram which connects the Vdara to the Aria and the Monte Carlo. You can then walk through any of these hotels to get on to the strip, I did not think that any of these walks were exceptionally long and a walk through the Bellagio will take you past the conservatory in the Bellagio which is always beautiful.

The Vdara is clean and well decorated. There is no smoking and no casino at the hotel so it is a lot quieter than other hotels on the strip. The staff is helpful and polite. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to reduce noise from the strip
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Claire p
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I will prefice this review by saying I stayed at the Vdara approximately one year ago. What a great place -- no smoke, quiet, well designed rooms. Only incident I had at the time was a long and difficult check in process. At the time, it appeared if you used Hyatt points, no one at the front desk was aware of the ability to do so.

I need at this point - prior to writing my review, to add that I had made prior contact with the hotel to complete a site visit for future business for my company. I am also a Platinum member at Hyatt and booked my stay using my Gold Passport number.
I have also replied to the Vdara Survey emailed to me shortly after this visit and for all my difficulties, I have received an offer of a free one night corner room when I return to Vegas. I immediately deposited it in my delete folder as it serves no purpose to me.

So, a summary of my second visit. Upon arrival at the desk, I was not greeted -- just received a look from the young man. Since he didn't say anything I said " Good Morning, checking in, last name is ..........". The response was a brusque "photo ID and credit card please". As he was checking, I told him I would like a high floor facing the pool instead of the city. No response. I then added I was at the hotel to meet with one of the Sales Managers for a site and she had added my same request to the reservation. He scrolled down and said he saw it. He told me I would be on the 26th floor. I thought this was a little low so I asked how many floors are there in the hotel? I believe he said 54 or 56. I asked again if 26 was the best he could do and he replied a very unfriendly Yes. So much for check in.

My associate was checking in at the next desk and I walked over to wait for her. Two lovely young girls (one in training) with friendly attitudes told her she would be on the 44th floor. They also asked if they could register her for Mlife and gave her examples of it's advantages. No such greeting for me!!

We separated and agreed to meet downstairs shortly after going to our rooms. I opened my door and was overwhelmed with an odor that was startling. It got worse the farther I went into the room. I located a housekeeper in the hallway and asked if she had anything to freshen the room and all she could do was spray the sofa, bed carpet and into the AC vent with a flowery spray. I thought perhaps by the time I got back the AC might have removed the odor.

During my meeting with the Sales Manager, I related the reception issue and also the fact that the odor was very bad in my room. I insisted all three of us return to see if it had improved. When I opened the door, all of us had the same reaction and my associate said her room was much better than mine (larger, etc.) The Sales Manager agreed to remedy the situation by getting me moved -- I eventually wound up on the 38th floor in the same room category as my associate's.

I think all of the above was bad enough with the poor response of a free room sometime during the next year but to add insult to injury, I have yet to receive my Hyatt points on my account and the stay was January 13-15, almost one month later. Clearly there are some housekeeping, reception desk and accounting issues that are not being managed well. Sorry to see this as overall the hotel has great potential.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kathyhouston
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear kathyhouston,

Thank you for taking the time to document your concerns. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with the front desk at check-in and the overall condition of your room. At Vdara we make every effort to provide an exceptional experience for our guests and your experience was not indicative of that standard. A member of our Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to further discuss your experience and the response you received from our survey. We value your patronage and we assure you that we will continually strive to improve our services and hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Our family of three stayed at the Vdara from New Years Eve for 4 nights.
On arrival I was very disappointed to find the high floor Panoramic Suite we booked and requested months in advance ended up being on a low floor instead. We had hoped for a view of the fireworks on NYE as we were travelling with a child and weren't sure if we'd be out on the strip at midnight to enjoy the show.
The person at check-in was aware of our disappointment, so they suggested to come back down the next day (as there was nothing they could do for us there and then) to see if we could be moved to a higher floor then. So we did just that. We were advised that a room would be available later in the day, so we went off to do what we had planned for the day and went back late in the afternoon to see if our new room was ready. The young man we spoke to that time was apologetic and explained there was a problem with the new room, so he very kindly looked at the system to see what he could do for us. We couldn't have been happier with his response, as he upgraded us to a 1 bedroom penthouse suite. The view was amazing. We could see for miles. The suite itself was lovely too. A bit of a different layout to the Panoramic Suite, but probably around the same size?
We really liked that the Hotel was non smoking and non gaming. It smelt good and felt clean, which was great.
We didn't find the having to walk through other hotels to get to the strip too much of a problem. It actually was nice to be just that little bit away from all the madness.
Our stay ended up being very enjoyable, and I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JJWA

Dear JJWA,

Thank you for staying with us to bring in the New Year and for taking time to leave feedback about your Vdara experience. Our goal at Vdara is to provide a seamless vacation experience for our guests and on behalf of the hotel we apologize for your disappointment that we could not accomodate your room request at check in. It is our pleasure to ensure your needs are well taken care of and we are glad our Front desk was able to upgrade you to a penthouse suite to enjoy for the rest of your stay. The staff appreciates that you would recommend our hotel to others and we certainly hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

First you are visually mesmerized by the breathtaking beauty of the property.
Then the staff exceed all of your expectations!
Travelers paradise on the strip, it's the only place to stay!

We checked in which was very quick and simple. Got up to our room and were blown away by how posh elegant and comfortable it was. We never wanted to leave but it's Vegas so of course we did. The staff were tremendously cordial, genuinely warm - simply fabulous!

Room Tip: A strip view is of course the desired choice but honestly the room is so great you'll fall in lo...
Reviewed 10 February 2014

When there is madness all around the Vdara brings back sophisticated tranquility. Non Smoking and Non Gambling means that from the moment you step into the foyer you realise you are in a very special place. Being connected to the Bellagio, Aria and Monte Carlo with their abundant supply of Shops, Restaurants and Casinos was the perfect compliment to the Vdara. We had a Premium suite with views over the Bellagio Fountains on the 29th Floor. Everything was immaculately clean and tidy, we shall definitely be back!

3  Thank WaileaLinda G