“Vdara - off the beaten path and worth it”
Review of Vdara Hotel & Spa

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #13 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I would recommend the Vdara to anyone who wants an upscale escape to a quiet refuge yet wants easy and convenient access to the action of Vegas. Located between the Bellagio and Aria, you have the best of both worlds. Going to the Cosmopolitan can be a bit of a bother though.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nofearkengear
Write a ReviewReviews (16,213)

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I highly recommend this hotel. It is located right behind the Bellagio and Aria hotel. It is 500 feet in either direction leaving the hotel. This hotel does not have a casino but in a few minutes you can be right at the Bellagio or Aria casino to gamble. The pool area is nice. Overall experience was great and the next time I am in Vegas, I will be staying here for sure.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicholas G
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Nicholas G,

Thank you for your review. It is so wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the access we offer to the rest of the strip. We value your patronage and can't wait to welcome you back on your next visit!

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

This is the third year I've stayed at Vdara and as a single I love the fact it's quieter than the typical Vegas hotel as it has no casino - which also has the benefit of being a smoke free lobby environment.
But if you want the hustle and bustle of the strip and getting to the heart of the action then Vdara's excellent location on the strip means it's just a few minutes walk away.
I told the receptionist that I'd stayed before and they kindly upgraded my room to a 27th suite overlooking the Bellagio fountains.
After a tiring transatlantic flight I retired to my room the first night but being Spring Break there was some sort of large gathering going on in a nearby room and a LOT of noise. I feared that this was a bad omen for the start of my holiday but after calling reception to complain they sent security up within a few minutes there was peace and quiet again. And from that point onwards and indeed for the rest of the week there I had great nights sleep on the comfy beds.
I will definitely stay here again and highly recommend a classy hotel. PS: Treat yourself to a Swedish massage at the Spa! Heaven after a long flight!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris H

Dear Chris H,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay. We truly appreciate you being a loyal customer of Vdara and are so pleased to hear you had yet another wonderful stay with us! Once again thank you for continuing to stay with us and we can't wait to have you back.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Courteous and rapid check-in into a large and light City Corner Suite. Curious lay-out of room walking in a circle from kitchen/ dining area to lounge area to bedroom to bathroom - and back to kitchen. Loo is within bathroom without separate door - so ultimately opens onto kitchen! Wonderful 270 degree views albeit at the back of the hotel but Rio and Palms are spectacular at night. A bit of constant traffic noise from the freeway even though we were on the 38th floor.
Wonderfully comfortable bed and a really good nights sleep. Very soft robes and slippers.
Housekeeping is good although dark furniture shows every small amount of dust.
Have used usual Starbucks in the lobby and its own Cafe for a takeaway lunch. Cheeseburger was a bit over-seasoned.
People complain about showing their key card each and every time they access the elevators - but I prefer good security. Every time one gets a cheery good morning or good night.
What the hotel misses is a larger Cafe with a bigger menu. We accessed the Cafe at the Monte Carlo for breakfast each morning via the monorail - which is a little treasure of an eatery with excellent service. The Aria cafe too is only a short walk. I doubt the kitchen facilities in the rooms get used very much - and why would you in an upscale hotel.
But, generally, we like it here.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank DickieOne
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel itself fantastic, love that it isn't attached to a casino so isn't smoky and noisy, but is connected to the bellagio and so close to the strip. The rooms were lovely - lots of space, two tvs, beautiful bathroom, even a little kitchenette (but mildly annoying they don't provide anything for it - it all has to be individually requested)! We had Prerequested a crib - it wasnt set up when we arrived but was pretty quickly delivered. Housekeeping service did a great job - room was clean and fresh when we returned; BUT they were maybe too eager in their cleaning and threw out a few things which left me annoyed and inconvenienced. The first item we noticed immediately was gone and let housekeeping know - they were very prompt but could not find it as they believed it was mistaken for trash. Management was very prompt in following up, were suitably apologetic and was able to find an adequate solution for us. It was annoying but nothing major. The second item we only noticed was missing the next morning as I went to use it. This item was a very specific item (but not an expensive one) which is not easily replaced, especially in vegas! I let housekeeping know, who again promptly followed up. This time however, I felt we were being somewhat doubted or questioned. The housekeeper who cleaned our room was questioned and we were told she did not see such an item and was adament she did not throw it out. Well... I certainly wouldn't have thrown out my own item and distinctly remember seeing it as I put it in the kitchen and saw it as we left our room. Housekeeping called and said that management would followup. We had to go out then and when we returned I expected a message of some sort but didnt find anything. I called the front desk and explained what had happened and they didnt seem to have any knowledge of the situation. I then had to describe the item to several different people and was advised that I would need to make a security report as this was the second occurrence before anything could be done/situation rectified. So we had to speak to security on the phone, then were visited by security. Now this was turning into a long and somewhat arduous process which was not only annoying but made me feel
It was somehow our fault. In the end we decided against the security report because we didnt want to pursue it further (were told it would be followed up 3-4days after, and we were leaving Vegas the next morning) and we didnt want to cause trouble for the housekeeping staff. The front desk said that it was their practice to provide a monetary compensation in such situations - I said I didn't really feel comfortable accepting cash but he pretty much insisted. He kept asking for the value but I couldn't honestly remember so he looked it up and offered us a certain amount which I said was fine. He then asked me to come down and get it from the front desk - he asked me to sign something then handed over the cash in hand. I found the whole thing quite perplexing and extremely uncomfortable. At checkout they said one days resort fee had been waived for the first missing item but didnt seem to know about the second item - by then I was pretty annoyed, especially after explaining the situation so many times (to housekeeping, front desk, management, security, another front desk person, and again at check out!) and so I asked that the resort fee be waived completely. This was done with minimal fuss, which was good, but I think should've been offered in the first place for all the inconvenience. I've now had to go out of my way while on holiday to locate this item which I need for my baby. This unfortunately marred my experiment at vdara, which otherwise would've actually been close to perfect.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Sunray82

Dear Sunray82,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel and facilities during your recent visit. However, on behalf of the hotel I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding your missing items. I can definitely understand your frustration with having to deal with that on vacation and it seeming to be a confusing process. A member of our guest relations team will be reaching out to further discuss the issue with you. We truly appreciate you choosing to stay at Vdara and hope despite the slight incident we will be welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

We had a corner suite and it was wonderful. The bathroom was massive and the shower was wonderfully large, with even somewhere to sit!
Very clean and we liked that you had a suite rather than just a room.
Very close to the aria, bellagio and cosmopolitan casinos.
Loved that it was no smoking venue.
We would return

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Slincalex
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

The Vdara is a clean, modern eco-friendly hotel that's conveniently located near Aria and Bellagio hotels. We stayed in a basic room which was really nice but found house keeping not particularly attentive and the "black out" curtains annoying since they let in morning light. This is a great hotel if you're looking for something that's not as bumping as the rest of the hotels as it doesn't have a casino, is smoke free (awesome for those who like clean air! Very refreshing for Vegas) and is club free. Another amenity it doesn't have is a true sit down restaurant. It's not a big deal as there so much to take advantage of around but it's worth mentioning. All in all it was a good experience but will try something different next time.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends