“Excellent Hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Excellent little boutique hotel. Situated right next to the strip, has tram links from Bellagio, which is right next door to the Vdara. The tram links you to the Aria resort, and the Monte Carlo resort. Hotel staff are very friendly and cant do enough for you. Location is great, just a short walk and you are right on the strip. Cant say enough of the staff in the hotel, especially Kirsten, her manner when we booked in was excellent, as too when we called for room service - such a breath of fresh area, especially after our terrible service experience in New York. Suites are huge, and we had an amazing view of the fountains at Bellagio, and seeing as we were on our honeymoon we received an upgrade. Rooms were always cleaned and tidied by the time we returned in the afternoon or early evening. My wife and I are definitely returning to LV next year, and I will be looking to stay again at Vdara.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room that has a view of the Bellagio fountains - spectacular!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cobains_Dada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,409)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I thought the Vdara was supposed to be on of the newer hotels? We booked the panoramic suite here for my birthday and this stay was by the WORST experience ever. Almost nothing worked in our suite and I assumed the service we received was so awful because we were young adults here to party. The TV in the main bedroom didn't work & neither did the Phone. We told guest services twice & not only did they not fix it, but didn't even bother to give us a new room!

On top of our 3 day stay, i kid you not - every time we would try to enter our room, the key cards NEVER worked. So we had to call guest services once again and wait 30 minutes (not exaggerating) for someone to open our door for us. Then we would have to go back down to check in and get a new set of keys. THIS HAPPENED EVERY DAY for 3 DAYS. they tried to tell us "oh you must be putting it by your cell phone or credit card in your purse" WELL NO THAT WASN'T THE PROBLEM. because after the 1st time it happened, we all put them in our shorts with nothing else so we wouldn't have to have the problem again. Really one of my hugest pet peeves are people treating you like your idiots. and what is the probably that all 3 of our cards wouldn't work?

But that wasn't even the worst part. My first night stay and i woke up with BED BUG BITES all up and down my legs! How wonderful my 21st birthday and i cant even go to the beach club in my bathing suit. I was SO UPSET. I wrote an email, called. everything. Not one apology, reimbursement let alone a lousy response from Vdara!

I will NEVER stay here again. All the money we spent for a suite and i would have rather stayed at circus circus at that point. As long as everything functioned & id be comfortable sleeping in a clean bed. This place is a nightmare.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
29 Thank Tyger D
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Tyger D,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. On behalf of the hotel I would like to apologize for the disappointing stay you had with us. I can definitely understand your frustrations with the issues you described, as they are definitely not in line with the Vdara standard. I can assure you we care deeply for the comfort and safety of our guests. A member of our guest relations' team will be reaching out to further discuss your reservation. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience and hope we can rectify your impression of Vdara.

Best Regards,
Conor
Vdara Guest Relations
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was my second stay at Vdara. The rooms are great--although you want to get one with a view of the Bellagio fountains. And the spa is phenomenal. I love that there is no casino--you won't smell like smoke just from walking across the lobby. If you want gaming and restaurants you simply walk across the valet area into Aria.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My fiancé and I decided to do a joint bachelor/bachelorette weekend in Las Vegas this past weekend! From the moment that our group (about 16-20) stepped off the airplane Vdara treated us like VIP. They had a limo ready for us to take us from the airport to the hotel which was amazing. The hotel staff was very respectful and very pleasant to work with. The girls and I stayed in the hospitality suite which was to die for. The amenities, especially the cabana at the pool, were fantastic! I would definitely recommend this hotel for any person that is visiting Las Vegas!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I could not have asked for a better experience at Vdara, from check in to check out I enjoyed every bit of it. The team there was amazing and quickly attended to our needs. The restaurants and pool staff was incredibly attentive and met our every need. I will only stay here when I visit Las Vegas!

• Stayed May 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Loved the decor and good breakfast deal, the spa was really over-priced so did not get a massage. Breakfast was good. Was confusing to get to the strip---need better directions. The toiletries were also very cheap--surprising for the quality of the hotel. Also we were given handicapped room as well which was wierd. Overall would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Americanincognito
Assen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 May 2014

At check-in we got without asking a free upgrade to the largest suite on floor 38: WOW. The hotel has no casino, so you don't need to push all of your luggage through it before check-in. Just drop your car at free valet parking, check-in and step in the elevator. All just in a few yards.

Room Tip: We checked in at 7.30pm and it was for only one night. I guess this helped us to get the free upgrad...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple