“Vdaralicious”

Ranked #12 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Vdaralicious”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was my 3rd stay at the Vdara; it never dissapoints!! I love it my son turned 13 and he wanted to go to Vegas. So i know how much i enjoyed my stay the last tie and being non smoking and no casino was perfect for him. He said; "IT WAS THE BEST BIRTHDAY TRIP EVER!!!" We did the Michael Jordan Initational, the Blue Man Group show, and the Pawn Stars tour!! Totally Awesome experience for my Son's 13th birthday!!

Room Tip: If your visiting for a special occassion; if its available they will upgrade your room view and poss...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank win4wyn
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hello win4wyn,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay with us. We are so glad you and your son had a good trip, and we're so glad your son loves our property too! We hope to welcome you back to our property again soon!

Vdara Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,448)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I can consider myself a Vegas veteran as I've been now 5 times in the last 3 years. Every time I come I prefer to try a new hotel so I've stayed in quite a few by now. This time I decided to stay at the Vdara, a beautiful, quiet, non-gaming property in the middle of the strip right beside Aria and Crystals Mall.

Everything about Vdara was great! The hotel has a very tranquil ambiance, very friendly and helpful staff, great location in the middle of the strip connected to Bellagio and has a tram to Monte Carlo, which is very convenient in the hot summer days. It is also steps away from Aria that has a casino and lots of restaurants. We stayed at a 1 king room at Vdara and it was very spacious and had a kitchenette with a microwave and a small dining table, the room had a couch area separating it from the bed and 2 flat screen TVs one in front of the bed and one in front of the couch, which was very convenient. The bathroom was also specious with a soak tub and a glass shower. The entire hotel and the rooms were immaculately clean and smelled great, it also helped that the hotel is a non-smoking facility.

The pool was a medium size and had good bar with lots of lounge chairs and umbrellas.

Finally the food at Vdara.... the hotel only has one small restaurant called "the market" where you can buy some groceries and great sandwiches. It also serves a MEAN breakfast. The breakfast was so good we kept coming back! The staff was very accommodating and flexible as I don't eat eggs they substituted them with fresh fruits, which was great. The "Vdara" breakfast with potatoes and Italian sausage is to die for. We also ordered room service which was quicker than promised, fresh and delicious! Finally, the hotel does have a Starbucks, however it is not open very late. It would have been great if it was 24 hours for some late snack options.

Overall, fantastic property which I would gladly recommend and stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Evgenia A
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Hello Evgenia A,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay with us at Vdara. We are so glad you enjoyed your suite with the kitchenette, as well as the non-smoking and non-gaming atmosphere! We hope to welcome you back to Vdara again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel was amazing! From the minute I checked in (early) the lady at the front desk was so helpful. My room was everything I thought that it would be from the photos. The walk to the Aria was so easy to attend my younger cousins wedding. I cannot say enough about the pool area- The lifeguards there are the best! They overheard me talking about how I needed ice (because it was 111 degrees out) and for the rest of the day and the next Alexander K and Alex G were the most helpful and brought me ice constantly. Alexander K and Alex G went that extra mile! (And they don't even work for tips) I seen that they just wanted to make my experience at the Vdara the absolute BEST! The night manager was very accommodating also. This hotel by far is the best experience I've had in Las Vegas and I have been there countless times since 2004! I will most definitely stay here the very next time I return to Las Vegas- and you should too!

Room Tip: The rooms here start out with Deluxe suites and I preferred the the one with the divider between the...
Green Features: They do ask you to shut off the lights and water when not using to be environmentally conscious.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shanel S
Hello Shanel S,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay with us! We are so glad you had a good experience at the pool! We will let Alexander and Alex know you appreciated them going above and beyond! We hope to welcome you back to Vdara again soon.

Welwyn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was my second time at the Vdara and the experience was totally positive.

Got off to a flyer with check in where for the first time in my experience of travelling to Vegas I walked into the registration area and straight up to Phoebe who was quick, efficient and friendly and got me a room overlooking the Bellagio as requested. In my room five minutes after arriving!

However, I arrived at around 3 pm and saw queues at other times during my stay so maybe I got a bit lucky.

On arrival at my room (which was lovely and clean) I realised it was directly next to the elevators and I thought that maybe I would need to change it. However, I only heard the very occasional noise of people returning late and therefore it was no problem.

Vdara's USP for me is the tranquil atmosphere in the middle of a loud and hectic city to retreat to and this continues to be the case. To me it is a positive that it is not directly on the strip and I enjoyed the walk to the back of the Bellagio which eases you into the normal Vegas experience. The nearby tram is also a big benefit.

On checkout I wanted to check in on line and get a print out of my boarding pass and Hector (?) in the business center was extremely helpful in doing this for me.

One small gripe was that hair conditioner is challenging to get out of the small bottles and wonder that for an eco-friendly hotel having small shampoo and conditioner bottles is the way to go anyway.

Room Tip: Ask for view of the Bellagio fountains
Green Features: Don't need to replace soap and use big bottles for shampoo etc
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Hello Mark T,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay with us! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and Phoebe and Hector were helpful to you, we will give them your feedback! We can't wait to welcome you back to Vdara again soon.

Toronto
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Vdara doesn't have a casino, so is a little oasis of calm. The suites are very generously sized, with a kitchenette, huge bathroom, luxurious bathroom. The staff are very nice and helpful. There are great views from the upper floors. All-in-all, very good value for money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NoemiToronto
Hello NoemiToronto,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay with us! We are so glad you enjoyed our condo-style suites! We hope to welcome you back to Vdara again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Ok, so its not a casino-hotel, but I think that actually makes Vdara better. It never feels too busy as only guests are there. There's a Starbucks (obviously), a small deli where you can get breakfast or takeaway, and a plentiful line of taxis if you need one, and the complimentary/mandatory valet parking is quick and efficient ( you see the guys running up and down the parking ramp all the time). I thought the must-do valet would be annoying, but it actually wasn't.

I have read some reviews that claim it takes 25 mins to walk to The Strip - utter nonsense. You can be on the strip in less than 10mins, by walking down the outside stairs at the side of the hotel (walk out the front door, turn left, and the steps are on your left, hidden behind some bushes), and then along the pavement, following the signs for the strip which takes you through the back of the Cosmopolitan, and through the casino floor.

We had a corner suite and it was amazing. Clean, well maintained and appointed. A bedroom, lounge, and kitchen, it has everything you need. We had a view of the Bellagio fountains and Rio Hotel, and out the other window, we looked down onto the Cosmopolitan pool.

The pool was great, we spent a day there. We paid for a daybed for only $50 for the whole day, and that came with a jug of cocktail in the price! I'm not a pool person, but this was very worth it, to get a comfy seat and some shade from the canopy. Even the food was good.

The only gripe I could make was that we had no dressing gowns (fixed within 10mins by a phone call), and no shower cap for my wife! Room was always clean though.
Overall, it was a fantastic stay, and I'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: If you want a corner suite, as for one around floor 19 or higher as these have the best views od the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Simon F
Hello Simon F,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the view from your suite! We hope to welcome you back to Vdara again soon.

San Clemente, California
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was my first time staying at the Vdara and I will never stay anywhere else on the strip ever again afyer my great experiences with the friendly staff, prestinely clean rooms and the fact that there is NO CASINO!

Room Tip: New towels every day.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Hunter B
Hello Hunter B,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay with us! We are so glad you enjoyed our non-smoking, non-gaming atmosphere, and we are so glad you have become a loyal Vdara guest! We hope to welcome you back to our property again soon.