“Bad front desk!!!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reno, Nevada
“Bad front desk!!!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I enjoy staying here evertime I come to Las Vegas. I have alwasy had great service and a great stay. I had a little mix up with my room price. I was on a Southwest Vacation package. I use this a lot. Somehow i was over charged by the front desk. I tried to straighten it out before going to my dinner on my last night stay. I was told I needed proof of payemnet from my CC company to adjust my bill. I had a print out of my package that showed 3 day stay, my price, etc. I had to call my cc. company log onto the site, show that I will billed the full amount for a package price. Not 2 nights and then charged full amount for the 3rd. I guess my point is that when i went down to the front desk the young man who's name left me was not so much rude, but so unhelpful or understanding of my situation. I was about to over pay for my vacation and I did not want the hassel after the fact to straighten it out. Several other employees including a manager who helped the second time I came to counter, but saw the entire thing the first time. Well the young man was no help. I went to my room retrieved my lap top to show my CC statement and that i had paid, and my print out from Southwest stating my price for the stay. My second trip down stairs the young lady was very helpful. The young man snubed me when i returned. I would say that it really ruined my last night in Vegas as i spent it sorting out my bill which was clearly the hotels error. BTW I do tell everyone I know to stay at your Hotel. Love the pool, the cabana, I rent on almost every visit. I know this may sound wordie, but I could explain on the phone better. 775.530.0849. Hope the front desk is told that a little compasion goes a long way.
Thank you.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Steven A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,408)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My stay at the Vdara was outstanding. Centrally located on the strip. Wonderful room, suite, excellent customer service, biggest plus, NO Casino, and NO smoking.

I plan to come back and stay at the Vdara,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JohnnyVegas2014
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We were so pleased with the cleanliness, view, location and service here. Awesome experience!
Would love to visit here again. Great views and concierge service and bell hop assistance was amazing.
Great place !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vpkeen
Brisbane
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We deliberately booked the Vdara due to its non smoking policy (sorry smokers) as having stayed in other resorts in Vegas, the smell of the smoke does tend to permeate every location, even when you are on a non smoking floor.

We had 2 rooms on floor 24, the rooms were spacious, bathrooms excellent and the beds extremely comfortable at the end of a Vegas day.

Rooms came with free wi-fi and 2 x bottles of water each day, we had to prompt them for water on one occasion but it was quickly rectified.

used room service for a club sandwich and beer and it was speedy and tasty.

In the lobby area , is a bar and cafe. We drank in the bar and did try the sliders on offer, although tasty they were tiny and felt overpriced. The cafe had a good selection of food and drinks that you could take back to your room and the prices did not make you feel that you were being ripped off.

We had breakfast one morning in the Cafe and it was very nice.

The pool area was always busy but kept clean and well serviced by the staff.

The hotel is joined to the Belagio via a walk way and there is a tram line to Monte Carlo .

Room Tip: Room 24006 has great views of the fountain show at the Belagio
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Teddep
Folsom, California
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Very elegant, nice and stylish rooms. Service is friendly except may be for one receptionist that doesn't know how to smile. Overall, great experience. Would have been better had it had a restaurant in there.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mo A
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have stayed at Vdara many times when in Las Vegas. Vdara is perfect for a business traveler, in that there is no casino, and even though it is large, the lobby is very convenient... excellent valet service (which is very fast for Las Vegas standards) then the lobby is a calm, pleasant (casino and smoke free) environment that is an easy walk to the elevators. The suites are fantastic. I stay in a Panoramic Suite, which is basically like a high-end condo-- excellent finishes, modern decor, clean, and crisp. The service at Vdara is excellent. One call to the front desk or the lobby, and they take of it. Pricing is about what you would pay for a business stay at a large metropolitan hotel that is not a full-on condo. Its a great value and an oasis in Las Vegas. If you want to go to a casino or a great restaurant... everything is just a short walk away to Aria or Bellagio (which Vdara is connected to physically).

Room Tip: A higher floor is preferable.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jaymanlb
Sunny Durham
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We visited Las Vegas for our 1st year wedding anniversary and had a amazing week, The Vdara was situated just behind the Bellagio and just off the strip, we were booked in on the 30th floor which had a great view of the city and the Bellagio Fountains i'm unsure what type of room we had but it had a kitche/diner, lounge with couch, bedroom and bathroom with bath and shower. The hotel is a non gaming hotel which was great as there was no hustle and bustle like in other hotels. it is linked to the Bellagio by a little walkway where you could find the shops, casino's and the largest chocolate waterfall i have ever seen.
The pool had security to make sure no one that wasn't staying in the hotel got in, the only problem we had was it was very windy a couple of days and they kept shutting the pool so we had to visit the Auria which was the sister hotel of the Vdara but not really a problem there was always plenty of sun beds.
Staff were very courteous, polite and helpful like nothing was a problem for them. would definately return and stay here again.
Also as well as visiting all the other hotels and casinos visit downtown Las Vegas just a short bus ride where it's a whole different Las Vegas.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple