“Friendly staff makes you feel welcome”
Review of Vdara Hotel & Spa

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #12 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Ramon, CA
“Friendly staff makes you feel welcome”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I got a great rate from Jet Luxury from Travelzoo for the Vdara and booked a night on the Thanksgiving weekend. I've been to Vdara before and had a great time. The Vdara is at the City Center, which is really the heart of the Vegas strip. Surrounding hotels include The Cosmopolitian, Aria, Mandarin Oriental and the covered walk way will lead to Bellegio. The tram takes you to Aria, Crystals, Monte Carlo.

The Vdara is non-gaming, non-smoking hotel and is modern, stylish and upscale with great location that is tucked away from the madding crowds and is an oasis in the midst of the Vegas action. The hotel is dog friendly.

I felt like the Vdara has really made a significant improvement in their customer service. Dominique and John at the front desk were super friendly and helpful. The valet parking is free and attentive. I was introduced to M Life membership, which gives you access to discounts and deals. They recommend that you book directly thru the hotel and hopefully, they can match or meet other rates.

My room 16034 was a suite with strip view ( Eiffel Tower). The last stay was a corner suite with a kitchenette, which I highly recommend. The room was divided into the bedroom room area with flat panel TV and on the other side was another flat panel TV (lots of channels) for the living area, which had comfortable lounge seating, with the kitchen at the entrance.

The bedroom area had a comfy king bed with great linens, automatic shade controls, handy outlets at the bed for charging and spacious closet with the light coming on when you open the door. The bathroom was beautiful with shower (with seat), cool oval separate tub, tons of counter space with storage drawers. The robes are upon request and really terrific. The only minor negative was, the towels were scratchy. The kitchen area has mini bar refrigerator, stocked with 2 bottles of water, 2 burner stove, table with 2 chairs, microwave, sink, coffee maker (Keurig) and kitchenware on request.

The resort fee of $25. day covers the free newspaper, wifi, pool, Fitness Center. The pool is on the 3rd floor and it was a tad too chilly to be out, although it was sunny. The dining options included the Market Cafe in the lobby for casual food for take away or seating available. They have prepared breakfast with coffee, juice, pastries, lunch and dinner options, panni, sandwich, salads, burgers, pasta, crepes, etc from 6 am - midnite. The Market Cafe also is a boutique grocery store with meats, cheeses and wines, snacks and drinks. Vegas abounds with great places to dine, including the nearby Bellegio and Aria.

Bar Vdara at the lobby is small, but seems like a friendly, convenient spot for a drink. The Spa has the usual menu of treatments and you can purchase a day pass for use of the facilities. My flight was late and they gave me a late check out of 6 pm, so I could hang out in the room and relax, this was fantastic...given that most hotel charge extra for time after the check out time. Really enjoyed my stay here and the staff goes out of their way to make you feel special. I highly recommend the Corner Suite which has the WoW factor. Looking forward to my return to Vdara.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank SusieJue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,448)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We were travelling with our two children, 17 and 15 years old. When booking the hotel, and asked for and booked a family room. We were never informed at any time that this would be fulfilled by a double bed and sofa-bed! (sofa-bed - not great quality and not very comfortable).

When checking in, we were told that they do not have any family rooms in the hotel. If we'd known this, we would have booked somewhere else.

Having said that, the hotel was very nice and most definitely 5 star. It is well located in the heart of the strip.

As the room is not a family room, we had to ask for extra linen for the bed. We also had a daily battle with housekeeping where we'd ask for extra towels and then have them replaced back to 2 sets (we needed 4). The sofa bed is not well positioned and in the direct line of fire for the air conditioning vent. Meaning the kids needed a duvet sent up.

In summary, we'd stay again as a couple but not as a family.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Kay O
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had a beautiful stay at vdara. Service was excellent and the suite was very comfortable. We really liked that it does not have a casino! The pool was lovely. We enjoyed the waitress service. It was not loud or jammed with people. Best of all was the spa. We had a couples massage and really enjoyed it. Highly recommend vdara!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lauri L
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent location, great room, we were on the 51st floor and had amazing views including being able to see the bellagio fountains from it. No casino but this was a bonus for us as it was nice to get away from the hectic strip. Nice and quiet around the pool too which we used a couple hours a day to relax. We did not eat at the hotel as it was quite pricey but it is near to many other places so this was not an issue. Only negative is although you get a small kitchen you get nothing in it, had to ask housekeeping for plates cutlery etc and no kettle in room. However would definitely stay again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yasmeen_12
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Best vacation we ever had. Vdara was unique, modern, very clean and spacious. Staying in a hotel without a casino ensured that it is neat and clean. Price was very reasonable. dining places were abundant and overall experience was one of the best vacations we ever had as a family. I will definitely go back if given the chance. Thank you for the memories.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Neil G
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I enjoy staying here evertime I come to Las Vegas. I have alwasy had great service and a great stay. I had a little mix up with my room price. I was on a Southwest Vacation package. I use this a lot. Somehow i was over charged by the front desk. I tried to straighten it out before going to my dinner on my last night stay. I was told I needed proof of payemnet from my CC company to adjust my bill. I had a print out of my package that showed 3 day stay, my price, etc. I had to call my cc. company log onto the site, show that I will billed the full amount for a package price. Not 2 nights and then charged full amount for the 3rd. I guess my point is that when i went down to the front desk the young man who's name left me was not so much rude, but so unhelpful or understanding of my situation. I was about to over pay for my vacation and I did not want the hassel after the fact to straighten it out. Several other employees including a manager who helped the second time I came to counter, but saw the entire thing the first time. Well the young man was no help. I went to my room retrieved my lap top to show my CC statement and that i had paid, and my print out from Southwest stating my price for the stay. My second trip down stairs the young lady was very helpful. The young man snubed me when i returned. I would say that it really ruined my last night in Vegas as i spent it sorting out my bill which was clearly the hotels error. BTW I do tell everyone I know to stay at your Hotel. Love the pool, the cabana, I rent on almost every visit. I know this may sound wordie, but I could explain on the phone better. 775.530.0849. Hope the front desk is told that a little compasion goes a long way.
Thank you.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Steven A
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My stay at the Vdara was outstanding. Centrally located on the strip. Wonderful room, suite, excellent customer service, biggest plus, NO Casino, and NO smoking.

I plan to come back and stay at the Vdara,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends