17,626 results
All reviewsnon smokingmarket cafecity corner suitebellagio fountainsdeluxe suitenon gaming hotelcovered walkwayblackout shadesother hotelssmall kitchenthe sofa bedwasher and dryerquiet hotelmonte carlosoaking tubresort feeeasy access
Reviewed 22 November 2017

We stayed in a fountain view Corner Suite for 7 days in early November.

I had done my research before travelling and was aware of the hotel location, the lack of casino, the need to request crockery, cutlery and cookware, the charging of a resort fee and the cost of valet parking. Nothing came as any surprise to us when we arrived.

I got an excellent deal booking direct with the hotel. Guaranteed fountain view suite with breakfast or lunch each day at the Aria buffet.

We arrived at around 3.30pm, dropped our rental car with the valet ($25 per day plus tax) and were attended to immediately at check in with no queue. The very welcoming staff member who checked us in asked if we wished to have any kitchenware delivered to our room and if we would need any detergent/softener for the washing machine. He then directed us to our suite on the 39th floor (room 39024).

The suite was spacious and modern and consisted of four separate rooms; a kitchen/diner, sitting room, bedroom and bathroom/dressing room. The view from the suite was out of this world. The sitting room had a view to the east between the Cosmopolitan and the Aria straight across the strip towards Harmon. The bedroom and bathroom had a strip view of the Eiffel Tower, the Bellagio fountains, the Linq wheel, Venetian Hotel and the Stratosphere in the distance. We also had a view of the mountains to the west and the Rio Hotel.

Within minutes of arriving in the room the kitchen items were delivered. We also requested extra coat hangers and these too arrived very quickly.

We can’t complain about housekeeping at all. Every day we left before 9.00am and the room had always been serviced by the time we returned late afternoon with fresh towels.

The bed and pillows were comfortable, the blinds kept out just the right amount of light (I like to know when it is dark and when it is daylight when I wake), the water pressure was passable in the shower, everything worked in the kitchen including the dishwasher, fridge, freezer and ice maker, washing machine and tumble dryer. I would have liked larger bath towels but they were adequate and I would also have liked a shower cap in the bathroom amenities package. I had to go out and buy one as I didn’t bring one from home. We bought a small basic coffee maker from Walmart for around $8 to use in the room and left it behind when we left. We particularly liked the convenience of having a washer and dryer in the room which we used several times during our week long stay. We had been warned that the housekeeping staff would take away any dirty crockery without replacing it so we put ours in the dishwasher before we left the room in the morning to make sure we were never left without cups or glasses. The fridge was enormous and we stocked it with water and soda for our stay.

There were slippers in the bathroom but just one robe. The safe in the closet was big enough to hold passports, tickets, jewellery and cash.

Many have complained of the location of the hotel but we thought it was perfect and no less convenient than other Vegas hotels we have stayed in. From reception through to the Belllagio conservatory was an easy walk of no more than four or five minutes. Another couple of minutes to the casino and another couple through the shops to the walkway to Ballys. Certainly not the 20 minutes or more that I’ve seen quoted by other visitors. The buffet at Aria was around four or five minutes walk. As others have said though, one of the best features of the hotel is the lack of casino floor to negotiate in order to reach the rooms. As soon as you leave the Bellagio it suddenly becomes quiet and you really do feel as though you are leaving the Vegas crazy behind when you step into the Vdara foyer. We rarely saw or heard another guest once we got into the elevator and we felt as though we had the whole of the 39th floor to ourselves.

We didn’t use the Starbucks in reception but it always looked busy, nor did we use the very stylish looking bar/lounge in reception. We did grab coffee to go from the take-away cafe and ordered late night sandwiches one night. The club sandwich with fries would easily have served two people.

On the morning we were leaving I called down to reception to ask whether we could use our free buffet after check out. I was told that we must charge the buffet to the room before check out but we could check out later at 12.00pm if that would help. It really did help us and we were very grateful for the offer. They didn’t have to do that.

On previous visits we have stayed at the Wynn, Encore, Venetian, Treasure Island, Elara, Cromwell (when it was still Bills Gambling Hall) and the Signature at MGM Grand. The Vdara is our favourite hotel so far and we will look there before anywhere else when booking future stays.

Room Tip: Rooms 024 are the best views in the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karen1967
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa at ARIA Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing Vdara Hotel & Spa as your resort destination. I am overjoyed that you were enthralled by our non-gaming atmosphere, tranquil spa surroundings, and courteous service staff. Additionally, it is wonderful to hear that you were pleased with the distance to the surrounding properties as well as the room amenities. Your impressions are extremely important to us, as it is our goal to provide an unparalleled resort experience like none other in Las Vegas. Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip.

Best regards,

Stephanie

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Vdara for 10 nights while attending som conferences in Vegas. Due to its location and lack of casino, this hotel feels like a relaxing reprieve from the hustle of the strip.

Pros:
No smoking in this hotel;
No Casino (sister hotel Aria casino is a 3 min walk);
One of the quieter hotels on the strip due to smaller size (relatively speaking for Vegas);
Decent internet;
Fast and organized valet;
Very fast elevators;
Nice soaker tubs and well appointed bathrooms

Cons:
Front desk and concierge is very average;
Rooms have kitchens but no silverware or dishes. We called for dishes twice and they never showed up.;
Business Centre charges to print per page and charges internet per minute. It cost me $8 to access my email and print 3 pages. This is ludicrous given the hotel charges a $44/night resort fee.

I would hesitate to recommend this hotel, until they’ve fixed some annoying issues. I would have rated the hotel higher if not for the kitchen issue and insane cost to print paper.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank The_Real_Glam
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Vdara Hotel & Spa at ARIA Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate you sharing your valued annotations regarding your stay at Vdara Hotel & Spa during your professional symposiums in Las Vegas. I am elated to know that you enjoyed our resort’s tranquil ambiance, non-gaming atmosphere, and luxurious bathroom accommodations in your assigned suite. However, it is regrettable for your expressed disappointments with the lack of desired hotel amenities and the pricing for business services at our resort. Your impressions are extremely important to us, and please know your feedback will absolutely be considered for future enhancements to our resort. Thank you for sharing your insights on TripAdvisor, and I hope you can allow us an opportunity to surpass your anticipations in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 November 2017

I found the Vdara very impersonal and run of the mill. I didn't find any employee really went out of their way to do more than their basic job. No good mornings, or hellos, not even smiles. I understand LV gets thousands of visitors but regardless this is your job and the Vdara bills itself as a 5 star property.

Housekeeping: Asked for our pull out bed to be made up, requested at 7pm, at 11pm no one had been by yet... 4 hours. Called again, an hour later someone came by. No apologies.

No wash cloths provided. Lotion was not replenished.

Pool: No assistance with placing towels on the deck chairs. No assistance putting umbrellas up unless we asked. All these things should be addressed and offered by the staff on arrival. They were far more involved talking to one another and on their phones.

Room: The room was nice and large, beds were comfortable. Very odd that there was no master switch by the bed to turn off lights. You had to get out of bed, cross the room to tun the lights off by the bed. Really ridiculous. Shower head did not move so could not adjust the spray

The experience was run of the mill. Would I stay again, likely not. Compared to The Bellagio or The Four Seasons where I have stayed previous, no comparison.

Restaurant was like a cafeteria with severely over priced food. If you're going to over price at least upgrade the setting.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Aritnom

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your valued feedback regarding your stay at Vdara Hotel & Spa on TripAdvisor. While you were pleased with the luxurious surroundings and plush bedding in your assigned suite, it is regrettable to hear that your stay with us did not surpass your anticipations. Please accept my apologies for the shortfalls with Housekeeping and service in our pool area. It is our aspiration to provide an unparalleled resort experience like none other, and I am saddened to hear this did not occur on your visit. Your impressions are extremely important to us, and rest assured your comments will be forwarded to our appropriate management staff for future improvements. Thank you again, and we hope you can allow us an opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Courteously,

Reviewed 21 November 2017

We chose this Hotel because of its location and NO casino.
If arriving by car, be careful you don't do a Lobby drive by of the Bellagio ( i did !)
Once arrived we were greeted quickly by a Bell Hop who looked after our bags whilst we returned the hire car to the airport. we returned to the hotel by taxi (rip off that was !) any further vehicle requirements during our stay, UBER was the way forward, believe me.
Reception (booking in) - very pleasant and quick, our room was allocated on the 35th floor. We went up there to survey the room, we then called the bell hop to bring up our bags. The room (studio parlour suite) - Spacious and well set out.
Kitchenette was the first room - small table and 2 chairs. Microwave, Hot Plate, Sink and Garbage disposal unit, No Crockery provided you have to ask for it. I requested a Kettle and 2 cups to make Tea. (I got a saucepan), This lead into the main room, split in half by a walk around wall. On each side of this wall was mounted a large flat screen TV. One side of the wall was a rest area containing a 2 seater sofa bed and a single seat with a coffee table. The other side was the Bedroom - King Size Bed, there was ample storage for clothing, including Ironing Board and Safe. The Bathroom was spacious with a free standing full-size Bath and a shower, in my view the Shower cubicle could have been made bigger if the bath was moved towards the wall. There was ample storage space for clothing etc. (I find it strange that a hotel this size couldn't provide a Kettle!)
The (partial strip view)view from this room was quite good. mainly looking out over the interstate that runs parallel with the Strip, with a partial view of the Bellagio Fountain and a good view of Paris.
As part of the resort fee charged on a daily basis you are supposed to have high speed Wifi throughout the hotel/room. we had 1 bar.
After making a point on this. Maintenance installed a wifi repeater in our room (he said every fourth room has one, we must be at the weakest point!) This didn't solve our situation, he couldn't understand it. The decision was made to move us to another room. this time on the 42nd Floor further along the building, same style room just higher up.
Wifi was brilliant, the View was better, in terms of more Strip view. still no kettle. The front desk insisted they could sort out the lack of kettle situation. a knock on the door produced another saucepan. lol

In Summary we enjoyed our stay in this hotel. There is a breakfast shop and a Starbucks. The nearest convenience store if you need one is a Pharmacy or general store on the Strip.
Closely connected to the Bellagio by covered walkway very convenient
also Connected to the Aria, Crystals & Monte Carlo by a Mono Rail.

Room Tip: Depends which view you want.! obviously the higher the floor the better
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank The-Mutts-Nuts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Vdara Hotel & Spa on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to learn that you were highly satisfied with the expedited process at check-in, spacious atmosphere, and captivating view in your assigned suite. However, it is regrettable to learn about your disappointments with the lack of desired amenities in your guestroom and for internet connections not functioning properly on your visit. Please know that your feedback will absolutely be considered for future enhancements to our resort. Nevertheless, it is pleasing that overall you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again, and It would truly be my pleasure to welcome you back soon to further indulge in our additional attractions.

Graciously,

Guest Relations Specialist

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Our first time in this hotel, third time in Vegas.
Great location, quiet, no casino and no smoking, a major plus for us. The location is excellent, walking distance to all major entertainment venues, reasonably priced restaurant/bar, a starbucks in the lobby (more expensive than the starbucks on the strip) and a “market” with food to go. All good so far, great concierge services, the best! My main issues: 1- no coffee maker in room, but if we pay extra $20 per day one can be provided with four pods and a coffee maker!!!!! Really VDara! Why such a ridiculous policy? Why doesn’t the rate include the coffee maker? It looks like you need to monetize everything, NOT a good idea, we were greatly disappointed! 2- too many stains on the carpet, please clean it properly, it deters from causing a great clean look.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tucatuca2016
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Vdara Hotel & Spa at ARIA Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your valued annotations regarding your visit to Vdara Hotel and Spa on TripAdvisor. I am elated to learn that our resort’s convenient location near the Strip, tranquil surroundings, and phenomenal Concierge services created favorable impressions for you. However, it is regrettable for your expressed disappointments with the lack of desired coffee amenities and pricing for these offerings to be provided. Moreover, I am saddened to learn about the cleanliness oversights you encountered on your stay. Your commentary is extremely important to us, and rest assured your feedback will absolutely be relayed to our property leaders for further review. Thank you again, and our devoted staff looks forward to serving you again soon.

Kind regards,