“Best value ever”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Francisco
“Best value ever”
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Impeccable design and service. Very spacious room with a great view. Nice contrast to the other hotels in LV. Price was very reasonable for a 5 star hotel. Hey, I booked the least expensive 5* hotel in LV and my girlfriend was so impressed she thought I spent a fortune on the room.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,427)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2010

This is our second visit to this resort. We stayed here in January 2010. We enjoy this resort as it is new and has kitchen facilities. We buy groceries at Whole Foods which is located at the Town Square mall to prepare light meals in the room so that we are not spending money eating out all the time. Whole Foods is on the bus route and they will give you a bag of ice to keep your cold items cold.

The service is excellent at this resort: gave us late check out, a free room upgrade, and upon arrival to our room found the knobs were missing on the stove and that was replaced immediately. Kim on the concierge desk and Mike the doorman and valet parking attendant were especially helpful.

On our last visit we did eat at the Belligio buffet and found in very high quality. This time we ate there twice and both times were disappointed with the food quality. We did eat at the Cafe at the Venetian and found price and food quality good.

If you want a new hotel with some cooking facilities, quiet atmosphere, good service and location you will like the Vdara. If you want loud music and entertainment do not stay here. On both of our stays we did obtain good room rates and that also would impact our decision to stay here again.

Miami
Reviewed 4 April 2010

I stayed at the Vdara Hotel and Spa most recently to celebrate my birthday and i had a wonderful time. The hotel is not a gaming hotel so it gave me the feeling of being at a private resort while being right in the middle of the Las Vegas strip. From the time i got there I was given GREAT service. The Front desk agent noticed it was my birthday when i checked in and put me in a room that allowed me to view the Bellagio water show from my window. In addition to that the next day sent me up a bottle of champagne with a Happy Birthday note attached. The rooms are gorgeous and nicely decorated with top of the line perks like closing your blinds with a touch of a button or even blacking out the room with a touch of a button.
Unfortunately, i waited too long to make my Spa reservations and Vdara could not accomodate myself and my two friends for the spa that day so we had to go across the way to ARIA hotel's Spa. The Spa at Aria was nice but i have a feeling i truly missed out by not being able to go to Vdara's spa. I had both room service at Vdara and i ate at their restaurant Silk both was good for me, however the people i was with had larger appetites and felt that it wasn't enough food. All in all it was a GREAT experience I love this hotel and i will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Denver, CO
Reviewed 2 April 2010

There are many things I liked about the hotel V'dara. The bed was very comforatable and the robe and slippers in the room were plush. Unfortunately the costomer service was a major spoiler for our trip.

We had booked a package deal which included show tickets. When we went to pick up our show tickets we were told they had been given away since we canceled our reservation with V'dara. We assured the people at will call that we had not cancelled our reservation and were in fact staying at V'dara. Luckily I had my room key and itenerary with me but what was making this impossible was when will call called V'dara they told them we were not staying there. After over an hour of this and 2 phone calls to V'dara where they denied our patronage. Will call issued us new tickets the only seats left for the show. They were horrible seats!

When we returned to V'dara and explained the ordeal at the front desk they passed us off to the concierge who assured us the manager would give us a call. The manager never called. Instead the concierge called and admitted the error was theirs but offered no consolation.

My husband and I were tired of complaining. One day of our vacation was already tainted. We were dissatisfied but felt we were stonewalled repeatedly. We tried to speak to the manager one last time at our checkout but we were stonewalled again.

In addition to the ticket debacle in the four days we stayed at V'dara our rooom was cleaned only once. We continually requested it be cleaned and we were out of the room in 5 hour blocks but it was not cleaned daily.

Overall V'dara was looked nice and was new but I would not stay there again. It did not feel like a five star hotel.

1 Thank makaufma
North Carolina
Reviewed 2 April 2010

This is by far the best hotel we stayed in Vegas. Huge rooms, amazing beds, awesome shower, and non-smoking. 1 minute walk to Aria where there are restaurants and casino. Also like the free tram to Monte Carlo. Connects to Bellagio as well, so that is a bonus.

Loved it!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amere1
munster
Reviewed 2 April 2010

Had a fab weekend in Vdara. Have been to vegas many times & wasn't so sure about a non-gaming hotel, but it was sooooooooooo relaxing, would definately receommend it & the action is only a few steps away. The perfect combination.
Selfparking would be good as there was a back-log on Sunday at 12 ( check-out time, waiting a good 20 mins)
Nicest breakfast I ever had in Vegas & thats saying alot!

Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 30 March 2010

I stayed at Vdara the first weekend of the NCAA basketball tournament and enjoyed my stay immensely. I had a "City View" suite on the 45th floor and it was beautiful. Vdara is located behind the Aria Casino and Resort. It has its own pool, a lobby bar that is nice and 1 restaurant. It is connected by a covered walkway to the Bellagio and is literally a 2 minute walk from Aria. I personally preferred staying at Vdara, which is smoke-free and has no casino. I gambled at Aria every day but it was nice to be able to head back to Vdara, where things were a little more low-key.

The staff was very polite and well-trained. They provide room-cleaning service in the AM and a turn-down service in the evening.

The fitness center is good for cardio. It has a number of treadmills and a few bikes. It has Nautilus machines but no free weights, just dumbbells.

The location of CityCenter is nice because it is in the middle of the strip. It doesn't take very long to walk through Aria to Las Vegas Blvd. and as mentioned above, Vdara is connected directly the Bellagio. Plus there is a free tram that can take you to various spots at CityCenter.

Overall, I would say Vdara is worth checking out if you can get a decent rate.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo