“A bit fur coat no knickers”
Review of Vdara Hotel & Spa

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #12 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Was really looking forward to my stay in Vdara having watched it all being built. The rooms were well appointed and clean and I had a fantastic view on the 49th floor. Unfortunately thats where it ends. The "rooftop" pool is on the 3rd floor, somewhat misleading with the expression rooftop, and Yes I did experience the Vdara "death ray" where the sun shines off the glass onto the pool area. For a hardened sunbather like myself it was a bit of a shock and drove me indoors after an hour feeling a bit sick. (interestingly, the pool was shut all over the following weekend with no explanations, since all the internet interest in the "death ray"
Found the public areas lacking facilities and warmth, and for a "strip" hotel, its actually a very long walk (usually thru Aria) to the strip itself. The spa charged guests a whopping $25 to use the facilities, more than most other hotels and certainly NOT good value for money with spartan facilities and less than usual amenities/refreshments.
I'm glad I've been there, but I don't feel the need to go back and for those that do go there, make sure you get a bargain, your money certainly goes a lot further elsewhere on the strip. Resort "fee" of $15 per night, covered nothing but a bottle of water and wifi, again poor value.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johnboy42
There are newer reviews for Vdara Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 7 October 2010

It was at about 4 in the afternoon. 2 other couples stood around with us in the lobby while one, yes, one girl was dealing with another unhappy patron. A young man, I would assumed worked there paced nervously with clip board in had, reassuring us that it wouldn't be much longer. I say I assumed he worked there, he asked us where we where from but never welcomed us to the Vdara.

After waiting around for about a half hour we made it to our room. The king bed with the stark white comforter had a stain in the middle. On to room two. I pulled the small green quilt off the end of the bed so I could get a better view of the bedding. I was please that it was indeed all white. We checked the bathrooms and other areas of the suite to make sure we didn't miss anything. All was well until I looked at the small green quilt to discover a large stain sprayed clear across the entire length of the bottom. On to room three. At this point I was so disappointed by the hotel I just wanted to take my things and go. Room three pasted inspection. After settling in and having a bite to eat, we thought we should bring it to the managers attention. Understanding that it wasn't his fault but at least he should be made aware of the ordeal a paying customer to his hotel just went through. Everyone seemed quite annoyed by our complaint. But come on, is a clean room too much to ask for? No appology, no comp, not so much as a free cup of coffee. At check out the resort fee was tacked on. Another $50. That $50 was for use of the pool and weight room I guess. Neither of which I used.

When they bulit this places they forgot to add customer service. I have been to Las Vegas once before this experiance and was blown out of the water by our prior hotel going above and beyond what I ever expected. I will not be returning to the Vdara.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank jamier35
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Stayed at Vdara 10/1-10/3. Overall, a lovely stay. A very contemporary, art-filled hotel; very high-tech. Room was on the 47th floor with a view (upgraded without even asking). Beautiful furnishings, comfortable bed, very clean. Bathroom was a bit small for the price point (one sink, toilet was not in separate water closet), and the water pressure in the shower could have been a bit better. The refrigerator is quite small; kitchen items and utensils provided upon request, as are robes.

Free bottled water is provided daily, and free use of the gym/fitness facility ($25 charge for the spa if you do not book a service).

A very quiet, non-gaming property, but it was a bit difficult to find your way to the Strip and out of the City Center complex, both on foot and by car. The signage was not very clear (or large).

Overall, a good experience at Vdara.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2010

Hotel is slightly off the strip and the only way to get to really get to it was to go through the Aria hotel. Check in was very slow and disorganized. The deluxe suite was nicely furnished but we had to call maintenance because the shower stall was not draining. Housekeeping and the maintenance crew were friendly. Didn't understand why their pool hours were so limited (9 - 6pm)???? After walking the strip all day it would have been nice to be able to go and soak in the hot tub or lounge by the pool to unwind.....but noooo couldn't do it unless you were there before 6pm.

I would have to say that I will not be staying there again. It was definitely not a 5 star hotel in my opinion.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the Vdara for 4 nights. Our room was new and clean, and service was very good. There is limited selection of restaurant in the hotel, but many restaurants are within walking distance.

The higher floor rooms have very good views, but weak water pressure.
The gym is well equipped and clean.

We will stay at the Vdara again during our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Stayed at the Vdara it's a lovely hotel room nice a spacious, room cleaned every day and bed too, even though it didnt have to be changed every day, location in the middle of strip great location, the bed is the best bed i have ever slept in wish i could have brought it home had good view from room looking over the Bilagio hotel could not fault anything with this hotel pool was lovely too, would recommend this hotel to anybody

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2010

We had a great time staying at Vdara, we stayed for one week and thought for the money, compared to the price of other hotels with similar standards that it was very good. We would stay again if we went back to Vegas. As it was our first time, we didn't know what to expect, we read mix reviews about the location and distance to the strip and some of it was off putting. In reality for us it was not a problem at all, we walked through an air conditioned hotel, connected to the Bellagio which was also air conditioned, had a 5 minute walk and then we were at shops and the casino. Also, we loved the walk through the Bellagio, it is such a nice place and has a really nice atmosphere. I don't think anywhere in Vegas is easy to get to and everywhere is a bit of a walk, even the rooms in hotels are a fair distance to the hotel entrance or Casion's, they are just so big. Therefore I think Vdara only puts a couple of minutes on the time to get to the strip. The pool area was lovely and the people were very friendly. We did have a cabana for the day which was very nice but is quite expensive. We didn't eat in the hotel, mainly becuase we chose to eat when we were out and about. We had a great view of the Eifel Tower and the Belagio fountains. The treatment at the spa was the best I had ever had, however I was not as impressed with the actual spa as it was split male and female and my Husband and I were going together, I didn't know until he had already gone in and then it was difficult to get someone to find him.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple