“good casino, great buffet!”

Casino at South Point Hotel
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed next door at the Grandview, which gave us coupon books to the South Point. Got a couple free drinks and some free slot play. Joined the South Point club a couple years ago and got a free, re-loadable card at the casino: great for playing the slots. The card also gave us a discount at the Garden Buffet, which was really good! The casino has a bunch of other restaurants, a deli, an ice cream stand and a hot dog wagon near the south end where they sell pretty good dogs for 75 cents.

Garden Buffet onsite has an excellent selection of breakfast and lunch items: we didn't have dinner at the Garden Buffet.

My gf and I are not big gamblers, but we did play the slots a little. She came home $30 ahead while I pretty much broke even.

There are newer reviews for Casino at South Point Hotel

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

The Casino wasn't very busy when we stayed nearby for a week. I played Keno and I didn't like the machines. The casino looks nice, but I felt the machines were outdated. Next time we visit, I will take my gambling dollars elsewhere.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I travel a lot and have never saw anywhere, where kids can walk into a casino. the food court was decent, they had a movie theatre inside, bowling alleys etc. but personally I was distracted from my game as herds of Little kids (8-16) kept passing by and were at times pretty loud. I thought federal law says you must be 21 to enter a gambling establishment?

Reviewed 20 May 2014

If you want to see Vegas for the first time go to the strip. However, for a family or people over the age of 45-50 this would be the place to stay. They have a bowling alley, movie theater and many restaurants and their prices are super cheap compared to the rest of Vegas. However, the Casino is ok.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I first stayed at this hotel a couple years ago and found out what a hidden gem this place really is. Great roons... close to the strip by car... terrific pool...but that's just the beginning. The staff is friendly and helpful. Table games have $5 limits most times and slots are generous and offer exciting play. Comps are liberal as well. Best of all, restaurants in the hotel are pr I cedar much lower than the strip. Delicious graveyard steak and eggs for $2.99. Great sushi bar with happy hour prices every weekday. Quality steakhouse and Mexican on premises. Room rates are typically around $50-$75 nightly. Try it and you will see for yourself.