“Great Casino”

Casino at South Point Hotel
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This Casino was about three miles south of the strip. We absolutely loved it and found ourselves there on numerous occasions. There are many $1.00 tables and the service was excellent. The size is very big and the tables weren't overly crowded. Having friends who live in Las Vegas I found that many of the locals go here.

All reviews
"visit las vegas"
"worth the trip"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed next door at the Grandview, which gave us coupon books to the South Point. Got a couple free drinks and some free slot play. Joined the South Point club a couple years ago and got a free, re-loadable card at the casino: great for playing the slots. The card also gave us a discount at the Garden Buffet, which was really good! The casino has a bunch of other restaurants, a deli, an ice cream stand and a hot dog wagon near the south end where they sell pretty good dogs for 75 cents.

Garden Buffet onsite has an excellent selection of breakfast and lunch items: we didn't have dinner at the Garden Buffet.

My gf and I are not big gamblers, but we did play the slots a little. She came home $30 ahead while I pretty much broke even.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

The Casino wasn't very busy when we stayed nearby for a week. I played Keno and I didn't like the machines. The casino looks nice, but I felt the machines were outdated. Next time we visit, I will take my gambling dollars elsewhere.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I travel a lot and have never saw anywhere, where kids can walk into a casino. the food court was decent, they had a movie theatre inside, bowling alleys etc. but personally I was distracted from my game as herds of Little kids (8-16) kept passing by and were at times pretty loud. I thought federal law says you must be 21 to enter a gambling establishment?