“Where else can you stand 5 feet from the Titanic and still be dry?”

Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
Ranked #19 of 461 things to do in Las Vegas
Pittsburgh
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Where else can you stand 5 feet from the Titanic and still be dry?”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Fantastic. I was a bit skeptical as I've seen the meager traveling exhibit that came through town, but this was nothing like it. At first the small pieces of the titanic seem to be a let down, then you walk through the 3rd class hall, and see the state room, hear the engine sounds, and read the details, and then it gets even better. So many artifacts from passengers, the open-air deck set up with sounds, and stars at night, then the staircase, and first class cabin. Then the huge 'iceburg' set up so you can touch and know that the water was colder than that. But the final 2 items left me speechless. The first one was The 'Big Piece.' The largest section of the Titanic brought to the surface. About 26 by 12 feet. It's incredible to be able to stand beside it and see the rivets and broken portholes. To see the video and watch them raise it, and also see where it came from. Incredible for someone like me who has been fascinated with the legend for decades. Then the last thing is the list of all the passengers by class and crew. Those that made it and those that didn't. It's heartbreaking to see the class differentiation with so many survivors in first class, and so many souls lost in third class and the crew.

Notes: Don't get the extra audio-guide. It talks at the same places where they have plaques to read - too confusing. Look for coupons in the Vegas tour books (free books in hotels and cabs). The staircase is a great photo op, but you aren't allowed to take photos in the exhitbit - they have a professional taking your pictures, which means you have to buy it if you want one. My advice is not to take kids - they will most likely be bored.

1 Thank Janetlynn13

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“A deeper look into that fateful night”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

One of the things I really enjoyed about this exhibition is its focus on the passengers that lost their lives. Before you enter, you are given a white card that has a passengers name on it. Later in the exhibit, you find out if your person survived the crash or not.

The exhibit begins by showing the different classes. The classes range from basic 3rd class cabins to opulent, 1st class dining rooms. Quite interesting to see the stark contrasts among the amenities but also just goes to show how much space the Titanic had. A major highlight is the part of the museum that shows an actual part of the ship; the stern of the ship stands gloomily inside the exhibit. Also, take note of the stacked casserole dishes. It's neat how the dishes formed so neatly.

The exhibit costs $35 for adults, BUT be smart and check out for coupons in various Las Vegas books. We saved $10/per person from the coupons we had.

Sadly, I learned that my person did not survive the accident. So many lives lost...

1 Thank Louie M
Glen Allen, Virginia
194 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 216 helpful votes
“For anyone - fans or those that know the bare details”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

To be fair I am a huge Titanic enthusiast so there was no question I would love this exhibit. The friends I went with did not know so much but still really enjoyed it. We bought our ticket as part of the 3 attractions for $57 along with Shark Reef at Mandalay and the Secret Garden at the Mirage but you can buy a ticket just for this. Upon entry your ticket is swapped for a ticket reflecting the name of a traveler on the ship and the card tells you a little about them. AT the end you can look for that person on the wall which lists the fate of all the travellers. The exhibit starts out telling you how the ship came to be and moves through what life on board was like, the sinking and the aftermath. There are plenty of artifacts that were found bu the highlight has to be the Big Piece. This is the panel from the ship that after a failed attempt was raised, cleaned, preserved and placed on display. At the end we all found our people and discussed our fates. The shop at the end is quite small but I still found a book I did not have. Loved it and worth every cent.

1 Thank galaxy148
Norwich, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

The best display of any artifacts I have ever seen.
The feeling was weird, very realistic, very informal and the guy who was a sort of knowledge guide was brilliant, he knew every person and whether they lived or died without looking at the wall of names.
Fantastic piece of the ship itself, fascinating all round.

Broussard
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“If you're a Titanic Fan, you will LOVE IT”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I'm a huge Titanic fan, so I absolutely loved this exhibit. My husband on the other hand, thought it was too pricey for all you see. When we got to see the Grand staircase I almost cheered with excitement, and we were sure to buy a photo. :)

POINTER: Purchase the sound system to hear extra info. My husband and I shared one instead of getting two, and it worked fine for us.

Visited April 2013