“Terrible for the price.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel32 at Monte Carlo
Ranked #60 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 18 September 2013

After reading all the reviews I had somewhat high expectations of this "boutique" hotel and its concierge services. Honestly the hotel room was rather average, no better than a courtyard Marriott, and the suppose service of hotel32, was very disappointing, I asked if the concierge service could help me send something across town..sorry cannot help, a couple on a honeymoon loudly complained that the room was not made.
The website proclaims "Stay with us and get instant entry to a rarified world few experience. Where every P is a VIP. Where every whim and glance is attended to with mint-on-your-pillow ease. Where you'll be pampered and indulged without end" quoted on their website.
The reality is I got better service from a sports shoe store.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tommacau
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Hotel32 at Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Hello tommacau,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We sincerely apologize that your experience fell short of your expectations and would value the opportunity to discuss your stay further. If you could please send any additional details including your preferred contact information to guestrelations@montecarlo.com we would greatly appreciate it. Again, thank you for sharing your comments with us and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I've stayed at the Monte Carlo several times in the past and decided to enjoy hotel 32 for my honeymoon. This being my first time at hotel 32 I didn't know what to expect but, lets just say the staff knocked it out of the park. Staff was attentive and ready to help with any task. Had some chocoalte covered strawberries delivered to my room with the assistance of a suite assistant and they were amazing. Needed help booking a show and the suite assistant did it with no problem even tried to get me a discount. I've stayed all over Las Vegas at several MGM properties and I will only be returning to hotel 32. Having worked for a 5 diamond resort the experience you get at hotel 32 mirrors that of a 5 diamond resort not the 4 diamonds they currently receive.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank dacardoza4
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Hotel32 at Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Hi dacardoza4!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and congratulations on your wedding! We are honored that you chose to celebrate with us! We are thrilled to see that you had a great experience with our staff and look forward to welcoming you and your spouse back soon!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

My husband and I have stayed in a few places around Vegas, and nothing seemed to be quite what we'd hoped until Hotel 32. PERFECT for us and completely met our needs for the suite as well as the hotel facilities and gaming. On top of that the staff was incredibly polite. The Monte Carlo is strategically located as well. Overall our best trip ever and we will be looking forward to returning!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank tlbirdwell
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Hotel32 at Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Hi tlbirdwell!

Thank you for sharing your review with us! We are excited to hear that you had a great experience! The location of the hotel is very popular with our guests and we are thrilled to see that you found it convenient during your stay. Again, we appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you and your husband back soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I've stayed in Vegas countless times for business and pleasure, this was my first stay at the Monte Carlo. as I usually stay closer to the Convention Center. My review is based on staying in a Loft suite on the private 32nd floor of the hotel. This was a pleasant surprise as I had booked a regular room, but upon the arrival there were none available and the staff placed me in a suite. The hotel's staff was simply wonderful, at the front desk, the concierge staff on 32 including Joel and the servers in the private lounge - Juan? - and the casino employees at the tables - of note a roulette table staffer named Cindi. The room was spotless, comfortable, well appointed and had all the amenities one might expect in a 1200 sq. foot suite. Clearly lady luck was on my side when I checked into the hotel and while I may not be able to book the Hotel 32 outright, I will definitely stay at the Monte Carlo again.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my view which faced the Aria hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank burbankgirl
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Hotel32 at Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Hi burbankgirl!

Thank you for sharing your review! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the Loft during your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel32 in the Monte Carlo in Las Vegas, NV. My stay here was incredible on every level. I had some friends come into town for a weekend and I stayed at a number of hotels on the Las Vegas Strip. But nothing compared to the quality and service than Hotel32. My friends were blown away by the place. The rooms were beautiful, electronics were all up to date (TVs, stereo, Etc), and the room was extremely clean.

Checking in was quick and painless. We were in our room within minutes. The staff was really kind and friendly. There was an employee that greeted us when we got off the elevator and was very polite. I believe his name was Joel, he was a very nice guy. He took us in the room and showed us how everything worked and answered all of our questions that we had. Some of my friends never been to Las Vegas, so he was very helpful in answering all their questions about the hotel and restaurants to go to, etc. We ended up going to the place he recommended for dinner. The sports bar in the Monte Carlo near the pool. The food and service was great there as well. Also, there was a lady at the desk outside of our room that was extremely helpful but I can't remember her name.

Overall experience, was just amazing. Anytime I have another get together with a few friends, I will be coming back to Hotel32 for the service and quality. I travel a lot for work and stay at a number of hotels across the country and I'm all about service. The service here was just incredible and I will be coming back to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Dan L

Hi Dan L!

Thank you for sharing your comments with us! We are excited to see that you and your friends enjoyed the room and had a great experience with our staff! The Pub is popular with our guests and we are thrilled to hear that you were able to enjoy it during your stay. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

My stay in this room was for two nights, May 12 and 13. Enjoy the photos below.

Having stayed in Hotel32 previously, I know what to expect. For those who have not, it is important to note that in Hotel32, only the Lofts and Penthouses have all the Hotel32 amenities. The most notable missing amenity that the Studios do not have is the airport limo pick-up. Maybe the second most important amenity that these rooms do not have is a bath tub. The shower is quite large, taking up all the room that a tub would, but it is a shower, a very roomy shower. With those understandings, let’s get on with the review of my stay in a Studio at Hotel32…

I was checking into Hotel32 after already staying in a Diamond Suite at the Monte Carlo. Check-in at Hotel32 (like every other Vegas hotel) is at 3PM. I had an event I was attending at 1:30, so I needed to have completed checking in by 1 in order to make it over to the event which was at another hotel. I had a late checkout of 1PM from the suite I was in. Unfortunately for me, my room was not ready by 12:45, so at that time, I took my belongings to the Bell desk and checked everything. Then, I made my way to the VIP room, checked out of the Diamond Suite, and left my personal keys and any bulky items with the Assistant Hotel Manager, Jacob, and went off to my event. While at the event, I received a call informing me that the Studio was now available.

After the event, I stopped by the VIP room, checked into Hotel32, and was assigned room 32-056. Upon my arrival at the Bell desk, they brought all my belongings out on a trolley. The Bellman asked if I could wait a bit while they located a jacket. Apparently, Bell staff are not supposed to go up to Hotel32 without a proper uniform which is different from the Monte Carlo. I told him that I really did not want to wait and if we could go up to the Studio now, that’s what my preference would be and off we went. Nice to know that while staff are supposed to follow rules and do try to do just that, some rules can be waved upon the wishes of the customer.

Upon arrival in Studio 32-056, there was one luggage stand and the Bellman asked if I needed another. Having replied yes, the Bellman was off to find a second one. This gave me a few minutes to explore this new room type which I had never been in. Although it is only 400 sq ft (the same size as a regular room in the Monte Carlo), it seemed to have a lot of room since there was only one king bed. On the bureau, there were three small dishes of fruit (blueberries, tangerine slices, and grapes) welcoming me. Apparently, they were sitting for a while and the tangerine slices were a bit dry. Still, this is a nice touch that you do not find in many hotels. In the fridge were a couple of bottles of water. (Yes, there is a fridge for your use in the room.) The Studios do not come with the limo or the pre-stocking of the fridge (it is empty except for some water) which is fine with me since I had my own beverages (including half & half for coffee) to keep cold. Although I do like the furnishings here more than the furnishings in a Mirage room, there is no data connection that you would find at the Mirage so I was not able to connect my laptop to the Flatscreen. This room had a strip view which is always nice.

The Bell man quickly returned with the second luggage stand and then asked if I would like ice and he was off for some of that. In the closet, I found two robes and slippers along with the safe. After the ice arrived, the Bellman was tipped and I was left to finish exploring. In the bathroom, I found the regular MC toiletries. The shower took the space of a tub which was not there. After the tiny shower in the Diamond Suite, this one was quite nice but with only one shower head, not special. Everything was spotless. The next day, the maid left Kiehl’s products in the bathroom. Not sure if this was normal, due to my tip (only $5), or due to my reservation in a Penthouse two days later. Didn’t interact with the suite assistants who were young ladies preoccupied with talking amongst themselves with little regard to guests. Reminded me of the Front desk of the SkySuites where I was ignored for nearly 20 minutes.

Later that night, I settled in and watched a pay for view Movie, (Oz, The Great and Powerful). While the Studios and Suites do not have the Satellite TV with a gazillion channels, unlike the MC below, there are a few local HD Channels. Anyway, during the movie around 11:45 or 12, the neighbors in the loft suite next door got in and decided to party. At about 12:15, security arrived and all was quiet. I didn’t call them, since I was awake watching the movie, just turning up the sound a bit resolved any noise issue for me. However, somebody must have called security since they arrived so quickly. Next morning, Monday, I brought my dirty laundry to the suite assistant and received a great welcome by Joel, the Suite Assistant that makes everything up in Hotel32 work. Oscar was working the lounge, and I spent some time with him catching up with him on his family happenings and such while enjoying morning goodies with a couple of mimosas. Although the same folks were in the loft the next night, it was peaceful and not a peep was heard. I mention the noise because for the most part, Hotel32 is a quiet, serine place to stay, and they like to keep it that way. In some other hotels on the strip that I have stayed at, such a quick response to late night noise is unheard of. Let’s face it, midnight is not necessarily late in Vegas, LOL.

For me, the little things do mean a lot. It is nice to come back to your room in the evening with the lights on, TV softly playing, a robe on your bed, slippers nearby, and chocolates on the nightstand. Turndown service is always a nice added touch. In some hotels, it isn’t even noticeable, but up in Hotel32, it is quite noticeable. It’s always nice to get your coffee and read the paper which is hanging on your door every morning. Although there are Keurig Coffee makers in the Studios and 700 Sq ft Suites, I prefer to put on a robe and go to the lounge after 7AM to get the coffee they put out there. I’ve seen several other do this as well. Lounge32 breakfast items in the morning, with a complimentary mimosa or two to start your day, is another great feature of a stay in Hotel32.

There can be odd moments in the elevator as you have to put in your card to get up to the 32nd floor while others gawk, but I have handled those moments with good humor and shared a laugh with others in the elevator.

At the end of the day, even though you are up in Hotel32 and Suite Assistants can take care of most of you r needs, you are under the Monte Carlo roof and subject to Monte Carlo service which I have always found to be top notch. I hear stories of some who have not had as good a stay that I do, and I do not doubt them. However, for some reason, I have not shared their unlucky stays, mine are fine. While others have a great stay in the Aria SkySuites, my stay was a bit lacking due to the front desk concierge there and the one hour wait for a slice of freak’in pie. For me, Hotel32 has delivered so much more than I could ever get at the Skysuites and for much less. But Vegas is different for each of us so your mileage may (and probably will) differ.

I have personal connections with staff at Hotel32. Joel started to follow my twitter account and would inquire about events in my day. Oscar shares details of his family with me. These types of connections are the difference between an enjoyable stay and a great stay. I have no hesitation in recommending Hotel32 to anyone who has the $ to stay here.

Room Tip: Studios that face the strip are 52, 56, 58, 62, 68 and 70. Suites that face the strip are 03 and 50...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
12  Thank MarkDC-Travel
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Hotel32 at Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Hi MarkDC-Travel!

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the Studio and took advantage of the hotel’s different amenities during your stay! We value all of the feedback we receive from our guests as it allows us to improve and provide the best possible experience. We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We are not Vegas rookies, we have been coming since the days of the Stardust, Frontier and the Westward Ho, but this trip was special as it was my son's 21st birthday and we had planned this trip with him for years. Our last few stays have been at the Mirage, and while I like that property very much, I was looking for something a bit different. I discovered Hotel 32 a bit by accident and it looked very nice as we needed something with two beds since we were going to stay in one room instead of a king suite, and after reading the reviews, we picked a Studio at Hotel 32.

Let me clear a few things up that I have seen on other reviews based on my experience. As far as I know, the studio room does not come with the limo service complementary. I also saw that noted on the web site so it should not come as a surprise or cause anyone to be unhappy when they are notified. Having said that, the price of the 60.00 round trip that I was charged was more than reasonable and it really added to the celebration. The driver was on time, elegant, the car beautiful and handed us each a cold bottle of designer water that was a refreshing plus!

The VIP service continued with our trip directly upstairs to the Hotel 32, bypassing the lengthy check in lines, and the entire process was completed in about 3 minutes. The lobby area of Hotel 32 is beautiful, calming, and relaxing. The lounge area has an incredible view overlooking City Center and the mountains by day, we arrived after cocktail hour, but there was fresh fruit and cold water and soda which we took advantage of frequently.

Our room, a lovely modern one with two queen beds, waited our arrival with a small tray of berries and chocolates. Two robes were laid on the bed, there were slippers, cold water in the fridge, and the most wonderful towels I have ever encountered. We freshened up and headed to the casino, which we loved, and had a celebration toast with our son at the Sports Bar. The casino is not huge as far as Vegas goes, but rather cozy and did not smell like smoke. The payoffs were as good as any, better than some I have been to, and our money seemed to last.

The next morning we met Joel, one of the Suite Assistants, and he truly made our trip! We also met Oscar, who frequently manned the lounge at breakfast and he was another absolutely top employee who catered to our every need. I looked forward to seeing him in the mornings, we always had a wonderful chat and it was evident he loved his job. We talked about life, and family, and was very kind and gracious. We were offered Mimosas, which we took advantage of every morning, and the selection of items offered was absolutely excellent, contrary to some of the reviews I have read here.

This is not a buffet, or as they used to say in Vegas, a chuckwagon....and I don't believe that is the intention. There is fresh fruits, yogurt and granolas, pastries, and always a hot entry which varied from delicious mini egg sandwiches, quiche, or frittata. Everything was wonderful, one morning was the freshest lox with bagels and the service was beyond excellent.

The evening selections were also top flight, everything from sushi, saffron chicken skewers, crab cakes...everything was delicious! Again, this is not a buffet, no large trays of food, no gelato station, but it is not intended to be. Cocktails in the evening are not complementary, but reasonable. Yes, you are paying a bit more (we got a very reasonable price) but the service made you feel like you were staying in a palace with your own private staff.

I cannot say enough about Joel. Hotel 32 is extremely fortunate to have such an employee. We are already planning our next trip and absolutely consider no other hotel mainly because of his excellent service and hospitality. In an oversight, I forgot to arrange for early check in for our return flight and when I asked Joel where I could find an internet kiosk to print the passes after I checked in, he took over from there, and sent us on to enjoy our day while he took care of this and had our passes printed and waiting on our return. Any need we would have had, I have no doubt Joel would have taken care of it, always with a smile, and always professional. He is an absolute asset to Hotel 32, and will have our business for as long as we come to Vegas.

This was a great trip, we frequented the restaurants in the hotel, used the pool (yes...it was a bit crowded but it's August...I would expect that) and found the location of the Monte Carlo very convenient. It was a wonderful birthday, and I thank Hotel 32 for making it extra special!!

Laura, Don, and Derek De St. Jean

Room Tip: Our room faced the back looking out toward the mountains and we had a great view of the pool below...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Flickerwick

Hi Flickerwick!

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We would like to wish your son a very happy 21st birthday! We are honored that you chose to celebrate with us and excited to see that you and your family had a great experience during your stay! Many of our guests seem to enjoy LOUNGE32 and we are thrilled that you could agree. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!