“Fun place for 40th birthday”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel32 at Monte Carlo
Ranked #23 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Kalaheo, Hawaii
“Fun place for 40th birthday”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My husband and I spend quite a bit of Las Vegas for work and wanted to try something a little different when we went out for my 40th birthday in October. We spent two nights in one of the Pents and had a ball entertaining in the unit we were given. By far the best part of the room was the shower, with its various wall jets and rainwater overhead. I think my husband took 4 showers a day he loved it so much. I also appreciated the small touches including handmade chocolates with turndown service and fresh fruit and treats left in the living room. The one issue we had was with the tv's. We had a wall of 4 in the main room and it took awhile to figure out how to get them on and onto different channels. Eventually we got it, but felt a little like technology overkill. Decor was modern but did not feel too cold or harsh.

As mentioned in other reviews service was great. We took advantage of the hospitality room for breakfast as well as late afternoon snacks and the folks working the room were friendly and quick. It was a great option as I am not a big breakfast person, and a mimosa and yogurt or fruit was nice. The concierge was also very helpful setting up a pool cabana and some special transportation we needed for a friend's wedding. They also seemed friendlier than concierges we have dealt with at other hotels.

Overall we enjoyed our visit, and found Hotel 32 a great bargain compared to what most other suites go for in Las Vegas. I will definitely stay there again in the future, as the rooms are nice, the location at the center of the Strip excellent and service left nothing to be desired. If you are looking for an upscale experience without breaking the bank I definitely recommend Hotel 32.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Strip.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jenz99
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Hotel32 at Monte Carlo, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Hi Jenz99!

Thank you for your comments and happy birthday! We are honored that you chose to celebrate with us and thrilled to see that you enjoyed the room features and hotel accommodations during your stay! We are also happy to hear that you had a great experience with our staff as well. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband back soon!

guestrelations@montecarlo.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My wife found Hotel 32 on the Internet in an article about the best kept secret in Las Vegas.

It proved to be a true statement.

In general H32 was an excellent place to stay. The staff were attentive and eager to help in any way possible. Breakfasts and dinners were always good and the staff very attentive. The offer of a mimosa in the morning was a nice touch. A nice quiet place to wind down for a while in the evenings.

And speaking of quiet, or lack thereof, the restaurants we went to in the hotel were so loud we could not hold a decent conversation. That will probably keep me from returning to either one on our next trip. I prefer a noise level low enough that I can relax and enjoy my evening meal. If that is not on the "menu" I'll find a restaurant that delivers it.

I was less that satisfied with the room amenities, but not for reasons most would be.

First though the rooms were excellent overall.

The room had a chaise lounge for seating. That piece of furniture, while trying to make the room look upscale is a waste of space. I could not sit on it and be comfortable, and only one person can sit on it a a time. A small sofa or table with two chairs would be more appropriate. Tall backs on the seating would be appreciated as not everyone is 5'-2" tall.

They need a light outside the closet. It is difficult to discern the difference in dark colored clothes and into the wall safe. A minor problem, but on that should be dealt with.

Small stuff, but important to some.

I recommend staying at this hotel. I almost don't want to because if it becomes too popular it will be harder to get a reservation.

We have already decided to stay here during future visits to Las Vegas.

Room Tip: We prefer a non-strip view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Krytter
Hi Krytter!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are thrilled to hear that you found our staff attentive and enjoyed your room during your stay! Your comments are greatly appreciated as they allow us to improve and evaluate the experiences we create for our guests. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back in the near future!

colorado
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Perfect in every sense of the word! Limo was waiting when we arrived and from there on 100%perfect! Gracious service throughout our stay. Thank you to Sonia, Amber, and Oscar who took great care of us! We had 3 rooms one connecting to a loft. Beautiful furnishings and very spacious. Hospitality room was clean and comfortable. Great light breakfast and dinner snacks. I am very picky and the rooms were clean and spacious. Grandparents joined us second day and with wheel chair assistance they loved this hotel floor. Thank you hotel 32 for a great stay! Son turned 21 while we were there and was treated to chocolates, mimosas and a ton of fun! We will be back soon!

Room Tip: Choose loft room so nice!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank beatle15
Hi beatle15!

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and happy birthday to your son! We are excited to hear that you and your family enjoyed the hotel during your stay! We are also happy to see that you had a great experience with our staff and thrilled to share your kind words with them. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We're not frequent Vegas visitors. We don't gamble and aren't enamored of the Vegas experience. I recently attended a convention in Vegas and when I began planning the trip, I was looking for a nice hotel with a concierge or club level experience. A little bit of research led me to a Forbes.com article about this undiscovered gem, Hotel 32. I believe Forbes described it as one of Vegas' best kept secrets. Forbes got it right! Hotel 32 sits atop the Monte Carlo and although they style it as a boutique hotel, it acts more like the club level of the Monte Carlo. The difference is irrelevant. The room was clean and well appointed. It was also virtually sound proof! The only time we could hear any noise was when we were in the bathroom or near the room's door. We had a great view of the MGM and NY NY. Our only issue with the room was the bathroom lacked a fan or a place to hang your towel near the shower. The bathroom had a phone (who uses this?) but no fan. Housekeeping and turn down were exactly as they are supposed to be. The room was clean every time we walked in. We never needed to ask for anything; it was anticipated and taken care of. Housekeeping would restock our refrigerator each day with more bottles of water. Turn down would leave us some chocolaty treats, replace towels and fill our ice bucket.

The lounge was pleasant, but be advised that the food offerings were modest compared with other club level lounges. There was one hot item for breakfast and a few cold offerings. In the evening, they'd serve one hot appetizer and a few cold items. There was also a small dessert. The food was put away by 8:00 and there were no snacks during the afternoon. That said, the food was very good. We were actually quite impressed with the quality and the staff continued re-stocking food making sure every guest had plenty. The lounge attendants were helpful without hovering.

Indeed, he service at Hotel 32 makes it worthy of your visit. Wow! The suite assistants are gracious and attentive without being obnoxious. They were well-humored and thoughtful. Good service has almost completely disappeared in our society; when you experience it, it's remarkable. In our experience, club level service can vary someplace between modest to excessive (as if they're hounding you). The suite assistants at Hotel 32 found exactly the right balance. One thing in particular we found helpful, the same assistants were there at the same time every day. They learned our names and were very gracious hosts.

We didn't spend much time in the Monte Carlo itself, so I can't speak to the hotel's amenities. However, the valets were lightning fast. The valets in the evening learned our names and welcomed us back each night. That's excellent training and fantastic service.

Lastly, because of a computer issue, we weren't able to check out on the 32 floor with the suite assistant and she directed us to the VIP lounge in the lobby. I had a question about my bill and the employee in the VIP lounge called for someone from the main desk to come assist me. Both women were exceptionally patient to help me and fantastically gracious.

You see what I'm saying? Our stay wasn't perfect, but the service was so superlative that I'm giving this property my highest commendation. Mistakes will happen at any hotel or restaurant. Nobody and nothing is perfect. But the staff of Hotel 32 (and the Monte Carlo) will treat you so well, you'll forget to be bothered by any minor inconvenience.

Room Tip: If you call the hotel as you're leaving the airport, they will have a bellman waiting for you as...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Slappy W
Hi Slappy W!

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the view from your room during your stay! We are also happy to know that you had a great experience with our staff and excited to share your kind words with them. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Laredo, Texas
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My recent trip was a reward from a recent visit which also involved a stay at Hotel 32. The service and limo pick up at the airport is fantastic, the rooms are spacious, also their staff is all so very pleasant and helpful. The Casino is one of the most pleasant to play in also with everyone so very pleasant and helpful as within the Monte Carlo staff. I will be returning for my fourth visit to spend New Years of 2013.

Room Tip: Rooms are very roomy and have the necessary appliances like a coffee pot,an iron to touch up your cl...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jorge C
Hi Jorge C!

Thank you for your comments. We are excited to see that you were able to take advantage of our limo service and found your room spacious during your stay! Many of our guests enjoy the casino and we are happy to hear that you had a great experience there. It is also great to know that you found our staff pleasant and helpful as well! Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to ringing in the New Year with you!

Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Just finishing my stay at hotel 32. Couldn't be happier with the service. Joel and the rest of the special concierges at Hotel 32 were fantastic. Great advice on restaurants and shows. The suites are similar to others in any hotel but the service is fantastic. Unfortunately cannot comment on the other rooms such as the lofts. Still though a great place. Nice location near city center so that it offers u an easy opportunity to visit the other hotels. However, when it came to playing at the tables I felt at home at the Monte Carlo. I must send props to Esther at the Black Jack table. Always a smile and a hello as I walked by her table or played. In fact, most of the dealers were just like her. Friendly pit bosses as well.

Every morning there is a variety of choices to have breakfast. From quiche to small sandwiches, yogurt, and Danish. Coffee available all day and several choices of soft drinks. Very convenient.

The only down side is the location of the pool. Just no sun at all. Spa services were fantastic and Rosie is an outstanding masseuse! The gym is sufficient and never overcrowded.

Again, I would like to thank all of the employees at Hotel 32. Never a day went by when I wasn't greeted with a good morning or a hello and have a nice day. Always asking if there was anything they could do for me.

Would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Stayed in the suites. Nothing special but a clean comfortable room at a reasonable price. The lofts...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Hotel32 at Monte Carlo, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Hi RAG1129!

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are thrilled to see that you had a great experience with our staff during your recent stay! We are proud to have Joel and Esther on our team and excited to share your kind words with them. It is also great to hear that you found the location of the hotel convenient and took advantage of LOUNGE32 during your visit as well. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

honolulu, hawaii
Reviewed 19 November 2013

we were originally booked for a great promo deal for 4 nights at Monte Carlo when i had found another promo for Hotel 32. i changed my res with MC and booked our 1st 2 MC nights at H32 for just about $100/nt (pre taxes and fees). MC has been our Vegas home for a few years now and we enjoy the property, but ever since they've opened up Hotel 32, it's been on our wish list.

booked a Studio room, which is their most basic accommodations. Joel had called me a couple days prior to ask about any special requests. i had a concern about moving rooms and the timing, as i had to attend a trade show on the day we were to move from H32 to MC. he assured me that it can easily be taken care of.

pulled up at the valet, told the bellman that we were heading upstairs to H32. he escorted us to the bell desk to switch off to a bellman who was to take us upstairs.

anyhow, long story short- taken upstairs, our room wasn't ready yet, as it was only noon-ish. we were given a key to get back upstairs and gave my cell number for them to call when the room was ready. i had not received a call and we just happened back to the hotel around 4pm (check in at 3pm). Amber greeted us and i inquired about why i wasn't called. she pulled up the log and found that the previous woman who issued me a key card had us down as checked in. Amber apologized and quickly got us into our room, studio 56.

we had a few snacks at the lounge, where Jeanette had greeted us and made us feel most welcome. she seems as if she genuinely enjoys her job and we had conversed quite a few times during our too-short stay. she said that it might take a little time to get it, but most anything that we could want, is available from somewhere in the house.

the room was far above the quality we had expected, i loved the furnishings, the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. even the iron and the light up makeup mirror were upgrades from what they typically have downstairs at MC proper. i feel that the refrigerator wasn't necessarily cold enough, but given that it was a frost-free unit and that most rooms don't have fridges, i was happy enough.

Amber had helped us on our check out day and made a very smooth transition for us to get into our MC room downstairs. she checked us out of H32, found a MC room for us to our liking, had the bell transport our bags and made up our new keys and documents at her desk. we didn't even hafta go to the front desk at MC downstairs.

all-in-all, to be honest, i can't necessarily afford the normal rates all the time at H32, but for a splurge or an awesome promo rate like what we got, it would be very hard to go back to a "normal" room at any other property. but we will most definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gtrisfun
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Hotel32 at Monte Carlo, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Hi gtrisfun!

Thank you for your feedback and your loyalty. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed the Studio and had a great experience with our staff during your recent stay! It is also great to know that you were able to take advantage of LOUNGE32 as well! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!