“Better than all the rest”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel32 at Monte Carlo
Ranked #14 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Hazard, Kentucky
“Better than all the rest”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We have stayed in many of the nicer hotels in Vegas, but the Loft Suite @ Hotel 32 on the top floor of the Monte Carlo has been the very best from a private check in, limo service from and to the airport, Hotel 32 Lounge, Suite Assistance Personel, VIP lobby lounge, etc. It is a tremendous value considering all the perks and the size and quality of the Suite. Extremely quiet. Very friendly Staff. We have found our home in Vegas @ Hotel 32.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank RapidR
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Hotel32 at Monte Carlo, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Hi RapidR!

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are excited to see that you had a great experience at the hotel and found our staff friendly during your recent stay! It is also great to know that you were able to take advantage of the amenities we offer as well. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

guestrelations@montecarlo.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
London
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We've just spent a wonderful week in Hotel32. We were in one of the lovely Lofts...in fact the same one we stayed in last year. We'd read a report on here complaining about the construction going on at the front of the Monte Carlo...well take your pick because it felt like most properties along the strip were doing some sort of construction (NY NY, Harrah's, The Quad, TI) and to be honest it didn't interfere with our enjoyment of Hotel32 in the slightest.

On our previous stays we'd used the lounge to grab coffee and soft drinks, but had never really "lounged" there. This time we got into the habit of popping along just after 4pm to try the snacks on offer which were all really nice...I particularly liked the steak sliders. This gave us the opportunity to chat to the attendants who look after the lounge, all of whoom were really friendly and helpful. And by chatting to them I discovered the mimosa's on offer in the mornings (they don't put them out, you just have to ask).

We had one minor hiccup during the week (regarding turn down) but the way that the management resolved it was completely to our satisfaction. The suite assistants were as always very obliging, Joel in particular was very welcoming and helpful.

So, not only would we recommend this wonderful hotel to others, we're putting our money where our mouth is and we'll be going back to Hotel 32 on our next trip to Vegas.

Room Tip: Try a morning Mimosa in the lounge
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank LondonClaireW
Hi LondonClaireW!

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and welcome back! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with our staff and were able to fully take advantage of LOUNGE32 during your most recent stay! Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back on your upcoming trip back to Las Vegas!

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I received excellent service during my stay.The staff was courteous, pleasant and very helpful. The lounge is a good place to get away from the noise of the casino and relax. I plan to stay here again.I'm not sure what Hotel32 could do better.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Joe L
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Hotel32 at Monte Carlo, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Hi HADAPICELATLY!

Thank you for your comments. We are thrilled to see that you found our staff courteous and helpful! Also, many of our guests seem to enjoy LOUNGE32 and we are glad that you were able to relax there during your visit. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!

Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I'm not sure what Hotel32 could do better.

I was planning a trip to Vegas and in Google I found a Forbes travel review that called Hotel32 the best value luxury hotel in Vegas or something like that. I researched a few other boutique hotels and finally settled on Hotel32 because of that review (and their nice perks).

Included in the suite room rate was a complimentary pickup from the airport in a limo/suv or town car. The driver was professional and had a digital sign with my name on it when I got to the airport. The checkin was super quick with no line. Everyone I interacted with was uber professional and friendly. I've stayed in several luxury hotels and the Hotel32 staff struck the perfect balance between classy and approachable (without being stuffy).

The room itself was ridiculous (in a good way). Easily the best room I've stayed in, and I've paid more for other hotel rooms. A huge living area with a sofa, hdtv and dining room. All the shutters and lights had remote controls. The bedroom was large with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was clean and as large as Dr. Who's TARDIS :) The shower had more buttons than my smartphone.

Sometimes when you go to Vegas, you want to lay low, play a few games and head home. Other times when you head to sin city you really want to go all out and "Vegas it Up". I felt like I got a true "Vegas" experience at Hotel32. There was a separate elevator that went straight up to the 32nd floor, easy access to the casino, private lounge with refreshments on your way to your room.

I'd definitely stay at Hotel32 again on future trips to Vegas. This trip was a fun trip, but with the central location, I could see staying here for a trade show or business trip.

Room Tip: Get the Hotel32 suite for the full experience :)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank edih
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Hotel32 at Monte Carlo, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Hi edih!

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review with us. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed the different amenities and accommodations at the hotel during your stay! Again, your comments are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed in a regular “Suite” at Hotel32 on October 1 for four nights. This was not my first stay at Hotel32, but it was my first stay in the regular “Suite”. Hotel32 has four accommodation types, Penthouse (1,600+ sq ft suite), Loft (1,200 sq ft suite), Suite (700 sq ft room), and Studio (400 sq ft room). I have now stayed in each type. All the bells, lights, and whistles are in the Pents and Lofts. The Studio is a regular “Monte Carlo sized” room, modern, with a fridge for your use, and a large regular one-spout shower taking up the space of the tub, but there is no tub.

The “Suite” I was in this time is a large room with a huge sofa at the foot of the bed in front of the entertainment center. I loved the sofa. Nice and comfy, with one section being a lounger. Fell asleep on it several times.

The Suite is the same room shape and size as the Monte Carlo Monaco suite, but it is a dramatically different setup. Found in the room is a very comfortable king sized bed, work desk, an iHome iPod docking station, a Keurig K-Cup Coffeemaker (I find the coffee in the lounge to be better and will usually put on a robe, get coffee and bring it back to my room), 42-inch flat-screen, Blu-ray player and other audio setups that elude me (see Photo), various connections from devices to the TV including HDMI and USB connections for your laptop if you brought one (see Photo), one of those fancy refrigerators where you can set the temp. This can be pre-stocked to your specifications for a price, LOL. Note: The fridge seemed to have an error occur each morning at about 7 or so. I just told the suite assistant about it and it was fixed right away each day.

One of the things I love about the Monte Carlo and Hotel32 is that the windows can actually be opened about 2 inches or so. The weather was only in the 80s with one day in the 70s during my four night stay, so the fresh air was a really nice perk that you can’t find in many upscale places because of their floor to ceiling windows.

Turn-down service is an added plus. It is nice to come back to your room in the evening with the lights on, radio softly playing, TV displaying a fish tank or burning log fire, a robe on your bed, slippers nearby, and chocolates in a tray also resting on the bed.

The Bathroom is a good size with double sinks. Like the Studios, the regular suites do not have a tub, but the shower is huge and has five spouts, the regular spout, three coming out of the wall, and a wand spout that can be regulated to different water flows. The shower also has a bench. Unlike the tiny studio, the Toilet is in its own room further in the bathroom with a door you can close for privacy while others use the bathroom itself.

Unlike other sinks in the Pents, Lofts, and even the Studios, these are stainless steel and have no air/drain vent at the rim to prevent over flow. Without this second drain/vent, the sink seems to not drain well. Not a problem, but not what you might expect (an engineering/design flaw?). I did have engineering come up and plunge, but that really made no difference, so you live with it. Not a deal breaker for me, but every now and again, I would just plunge the drain with my palm and the problem would be momentarily fixed.

As for the other features of Hotel32, I was staying at the Mirage before moving to H32. Having the limo pick me up at the Mirage was no problem. Other high end places like Aria Skysuites will only pick-up/drop-off at the airport. I have found that Hotel32 goes the extra distance to please. Upon arrival at the Monte Carlo, the Bellman opened the limo door and welcomed me by name. He escorted me up to the 32nd floor where I was then welcomed by Joel, the best of the suite assistants. He showed me to my suite #21 and there I signed my papers and that was it, I was all checked in. It was really easy.

The lounge is one of the great things about Hotel32. Each morning there is some small breakfast item such as bacon egg and cheese cup or small quiche with small pastries as well as yogurt and such, and the person working the lounge will bring you juice, or in my case, a mimosa, all you need do is ask. The lounge is now open for breakfast treats from 7AM to 11AM and from 4 to 8 for hors d'oeuvres in the evening. During my stay, among the offerings were: Tuna tartar, Crab cakes, Saffron Chicken (think Chicken Satay), Marinated Portobello with Truffled Celery Root, Summer Vegetable Couscous, Sushi. Each evening, they will offer one hot item, and two cold items as well as a dessert item such as Mango Mousse or Strawberry Shortcake. During the off hours, the lounge is open for coffee, water, soft drinks, and some fruit like apples or bananas, but it is closed from 11PM to 7AM . I love starting my day with a complementary mimosa or two.

I do want to give an extra thank you to John Drago who was working the VIP reception area the night before my stay. He really went out of his way and assisted me with something before checking in and for that, I am most appreciative. Nina Castro is the Hotel32 Manager. I met her during my first stay two years ago. This trip, she made it a point to see me during my stay and inquire about how I was doing and to make sure I was enjoying my stay. This is the type of service and concern of my stay that I have grown to expect from Hotel32 and its staff. They never fail to deliver.

I, too, read the reviews here. While I do not discount the opinions/experiences of others here, I tend to wonder why my stays here have been terrific, while a few seem to think, not so much. A little homework will prevent most disappointment. A little homework will show you that a Studio or regular Suite with a Bath that does not exist. These room types only have showers. To get a feel for the different rooms, I would recommend looking at the various photos in the reviews and taking the virtual tours of the rooms on the Hotel32 website under the rooms section.

Many of my reviews are for the higher end hotels in Vegas and, IMO, Hotel32 is hard to top. I’ve already made reservations for a couple more nights during my next trip. After a short three nights at the Mandarin Oriental, I will finish up my annual Christmas trip with 2 nights in a Hotel32 Loft which has all the bells lights and whistles. I like to end my trips on a high note and Hotel32 will be the perfect conclusion to my next Vegas adventure. I highly recommend Hotel32.

Room Tip: All the bells lights and whistles are in the Lofts and Pents. NO tubs in the Studio of Suite, take t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
14 Thank MarkDC-Travel
Hi MarkDC-Travel!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the Suite during your recent stay! LOUNGE32 seems to be popular with our guests and we are glad that you were able to take advantage of it. We are also excited to see that you had a great experience with our staff and we look forward to sharing your kind words with them. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again for your annual Christmas trip!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We received excellent service during our stay.The staff was courteous, pleasant and very helpful. The lounge is a good place to get away from the noise of the casino and relax. We had a few issues in our room but they were addressed promptly. We plan to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TMC253
Hi TMC253!

Thank you for your comments. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with our staff and enjoyed LOUNGE32 during your stay! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 November 2013

my sister was planning her birthday celebration in vegas and her husband chose monte carlo. i go to vegas a lot, but i usually stay at MGM with a comp. i called monte carlo just days before, and i was able to use a comp at hotel 32.

even though this is the penthouse, i was literally floored by the accommodations. the suite was as nice as any high end resort in vegas (wynn, encore, venetian, bellagio, renovated mgm, etc...).

my favorite aspect of the suite was the shower! felt like i was bathing in a waterfall. the staff is very accommodating. the lounge was always stocked with snacks and beverages. i could not have asked for a better experience and i will certainly return here again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Jaime B
Hi Jaime B!

Thank you for your comments and happy birthday to your sister! We are honored that you chose to celebrate with us and thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations at the hotel! Many of our guests find LOUNGE32 convenient and we are happy that you were able to take advantage of it during your stay. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!