“Great!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel32 at Monte Carlo
Ranked #31 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Hermosa Beach/ Hawaii
“Great!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Absolutely wonderful. Hotel 32 has appetizers and breakfast in the morning. While the appetizers and breakfast are very small its a little something and thy have coffee, sodas and waters available. Very private. great customer service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank LaurenHI
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel32 at Monte Carlo, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear LaurenHI,

Nothing pleases us more than knowing we were able to provide a former guest with an exceptional resort experience. We were grateful for the opportunity to serve you, and look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

guestrelations@montecarlo.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Retford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We decided to try Hotel 32 as it was our Ruby Wedding trip to Vegas. We have been visiting for 20 years so have tried most Strip hotels including Monte Carlo but have never done "upstairs". It was an excellent choice as the complimentary morning and evening snacks with private lounge made it seriously good value. The Studio room is what it says, a room-not the half palaces of the Aria and Venetian but the price (we got) was way below what those two were offering so it was no contest when the aforementioned "complimentaries" were taken into account and there were chocolates at night!! It would have got 5 stars if the beds had been just a bit firmer.

Room Tip: Even numbers are strip side
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank malsville36
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel32 at Monte Carlo, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear malsville36,

Although we regret that your bedding accommodations fell short of expectations, we’re thrilled to know the other aspects of your stay with us were highly enjoyable. We take the comfort and satisfaction of our guests very seriously, and are always happy when our efforts are well received. We were grateful you selected us to host your ruby anniversary, and hope you’ll consider staying with us again in the future.

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Hotel32. We usually stay at New York New York or MGM and decided to stay at Hotel32 and I'm glad we did. The room was amazing! The view, lounge and the restaurants were great. We will definitely be coming back and can't wait. Thanks for a great time :0)

Room Tip: Go Big or Go Home - The Penthouse is awesome!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leigh R
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Hotel32 at Monte Carlo, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Hi Leigh R!

There is a rich variety of hotels on the Strip to choose from, so we are honored that you chose to stay with us on your recent trip to Vegas. At HOTEL32 we create unique and luxurious experience for our guests by providing them exceptional guest service, luxury accommodations, and LOUNGE32, a little retreat where guests can relax and enjoy refreshments throughout the day. It was truly a pleasure to host you, and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband back soon.

Lisa G.
Guest Relations Specialist
HOTEL32 at Monte Carlo
Bartlett, Illinois
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We love the Monte Carlo hotel - Restaurant has great food & ambience. (They have a brewery) Pool area is fantastic, Lazy River, Wave pool, Adult pool - great! Centrally located - Fast Food area is clean & close to everything! Rooms were fine! I recommend this Hotel to everyone! Have stayed here many times.

Room Tip: Close to the elevators - Lots of walking!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Lauralee251
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Hotel32 at Monte Carlo, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Hi Lauralee251!

It was truly a pleasure to host you during your recent stay. We are thrilled to know that you enjoy the accommodations at the hotel. Hotel features such as the pools and the unique dining venues are our way of presenting an inspiring resort experience to our guests, and we are glad you were able to take advantage of them. Thank you for your review and we cannot wait to welcome you back again soon!

Lisa G.
Guest Relations Specialist
HOTEL32 at Monte Carlo
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The food in the lounge was fantastic! The whole family highly recommends the steak sliders. We had an issue with our shower, but the staff handled it well. They took great care of us! It was a first class experience.

Room Tip: We liked the view better from rooms with even numbers.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank fhunt32003
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel32 at Monte Carlo, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear fhunt32003,

Aren’t the steak sliders delicious? We’re extremely pleased to know that your stay at Hotel32 exceeded all expectations. Our staff is grateful for your patronage, and hope you’ll include us in any future travel plans to Las Vegas.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Hotel32 for the first night of our honeymoon — the room was amazing! The staff was some of the most friendly people I have ever encountered in the hospitality business. We were very pleased with our stay and were sad to leave!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank rbrdky
Dear rbrdky,

Congratulations again on your recent marriage! We were delighted you chose us to host your honeymoon night, and considered it a privilege to serve you. Hopefully, you’ll come back and see us again next year for your anniversary!

Sandy, Utah
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I used to be in the business of running hotels. I am a hard critique but I like to think fair.

First, I chose Monte Carlo because a good friend was working at a convention and his company had rooms there (not important but just to give reference to why I chose the hotel). I was torn between an upper, strip view standard room and Hotel 32. At the quoted prices of over $200 a night I decided to go with the less expensive (it was just a short stay). Later that day I received an email to upgrade to Hotel 32 for minimal dollars. The price was more agreeable now so I sprung for the upgrade. The tried to reply to the email within 45 minutes of getting it. I kept getting an error. I decided to call the reservations desk directly and I got transferred no less than 3 times (about 25 minutes on hold) until a reservation clerk finally took control and got me upgraded. I was really starting to worry about the service at the Monte Carlo at that point but the final clerk did a super job. My worries subsided. However take note that the upgrade offer was only available for a split second after they send the email and the clerk made me feel they were doing me a favor. Did not like that.

Check-in was super easy and I did not even use the VIP Hotel 32 check-in. Valet was perfect (every time I used it). Of course the Monte Carlo itself is very nice. The elevators were easy and the lobby for the 32 floor (a.k.a. Hotel 32) is very well done. You are welcomed into a large central lobby area that is very nicely done. It really makes a statement when you are going to your room. There is a personal concierge for the floor and lobby lounge. The lounge is a nice touch where you can get drinks and at different times, snacks. There is a dedicated staff to this room as well. I will say this lounge is an excellent feature that really gave my stay that extra special something. I used it every day. The drinks on this level were made strong which I appreciated as most in the Casino are weak. Free Mimosa until 11am. The food was actually simple but quite tasty. A++ here.

I had reserved a studio room. The room itself is a standard hotel room with with more decorative style. It is very nice and there were a few nice touches such as, cherries passion fruit and Kumquats for the arriving guest. Of course everything is new and overall I give it a 8.5 for presentation. It feels nice. The bathroom is a standard bath with the tub removed and a stand up shower built in. It is done very well. There are robes and slippers in the closet and at night the staff will lay out chocolates and put the robes on the bed in the turn down service. The room is very comfortable and because everything is new and trendy it is a nice experience. The connecting door is a major drawback.

The cons of the stay: The room is just that a room. It actually has a connecting door to the loft and I could often hear noise through the door and wall in that area. That is big negative for me. This may be small for some but it was a big deal for me - a gadget user. There were no accessible plugs next to the the bed on either side. I had to pull out the nightstand to plug in my phone charger and IPad. When upgrading they really should have though of this. Also they have fridge but it was too cold and froze the water solid. No mini-bar. At over $200 a night the room needs a mini-bar (i will explain why soon). The bathroom is just a regular bathroom converted to a modern bathroom. It is nice but nothing special and there is limited counter space. Compared to many truly nice baths in Vegas, this one is nice but nothing special.

I end my review with the fact that I enjoyed my stay at the Monte Carlo - based on what I paid. In the end I think my nightly rate was about $130 - $140 a night. That is about right for this room. Had I paid anything over that I think I would have been disappointed due to what my expectation would have been. I stay a the Aria for about $140 - $170 a night and they offer all the things I mentioned above (same hotel family as the Monte Carlo). At the Aria prices I get a truly fantastic rooms with plugs for gadgets, a huge walk-shower with tub, mini-bar, and ultra elegant room. This is how I based my expectations. If the Hotel 32 did not offer the private lounge I would price the room at more around $100 a night. It is nicely appointed but the room itself does not have the Wow factor. At $200 a night I expect some Wow.

Service was excellent on all levels.

Room Tip: Only take the Hotel 32 if you can get an upgrade and pay not more than $140 a night.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank Jeffik_A
Dear Jeffik_A,

We appreciate you taking a moment to describe your various experiences on TripAdvisor. Our staff is committed to providing exceptional services and amenities to all our guests. As such, your comments will be utilized to identify those areas where we excel, and others that may require a measure of improvement. Thank you for selecting Hotel32. It was a pleasure hosting you.