“Elegant sophistication”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel32 at Monte Carlo
Ranked #16 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, California
“Elegant sophistication”
Reviewed 6 October 2010

My friend and I debated a long time about where to stay in Vegas (she voted for a suite at Treasure Island). Fortunately, I won and was able to talk her into also staying at Hotel32, which was built on the top of the Monte Carlo after the fire at the hotel several years ago. And it is lovely. A stay at this high-end hotel comes with its own limo pick up at the airport (come on, that's pretty great!) And forget about the lines of people checking in downstairs at the front desk. You are whisked to the 32nd floor where there is a very nice individual sitting at a desk ready to check you in. Hotel32 has a combination of suites, studios, lofts and penthouses. I was in a suite (basically, a large room with a couch) and my friend stayed in a studio (about the size of an average hotel room). The rooms are very comfortable and are decorated in a sophisticated style reminiscent of hotels in New York (think blues, oranges, whites, etc.) Nice Khiels amenities too! Guests of Hotel32 have access to a lounge that serves a light breakfast (one hot item, a few cold items) and evening hors d'oeuvres (again, one hot item and several cold items). No, there is no 'open bar,' but soft drinks, coffee, etc. are free and the lounge host (not sure what else to call him) provides other beverages that can be charged back to your room. Keep in mind that there is a higher 'resort fee' associated with staying at Hotel32. Around $18 a day. No comment on that. And it's all about service. Sometimes they succeed better than other times. For example: I complained that I had not gotten turn-down service the first night (something they are known for) and the next day, I returned to the room to find a note of apology and a gift of chocolate. Lovely! On the other hand, we asked for get tickets to Jersey Boys and the woman managed to snag us... the worst seats in the house (veeeerrry top row of the balcony). This was for a Thursday night, mind you, and I could've gotten much better seats myself had I known that Hotel32 did not have any 'connections.' Still, it was a nice stay, quiet and away from the usual nuttiness of the Las Vegas crowds. And I'm still smiling about that limo ride...

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank KathyAnne0

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I found Hotel 32 on the Monte Carlo Website and decided to give it a whirl. One of the perks is that you receive complimentary limo transportation to and from the airport. Had our limo driver not been 30 min late to pick us up I may have been more excited by this feature. We also asked if we could drive thru In & Out burger on the way to the hotel and were told he could not make any stops...a little more flexibilty would have been nice. When we got to the hotel we were escorted upstairs and met by one of the personal assistants (Roy). He was very cordial and walked us through the lounge and our checkin. I had pre-ordered champagne, balloons, and a birthday cake for my friends birthday and everything was in the room and looked great! I had also pre-ordered some items for our minibar however they were not in the room as requested. I did speak with Ashley at the desk and she had everything delivered while we were in the casino. As we were headed down to the pool the next day Hilda (another assistant) called down and held four chairs for us. When we arrived at the pool we were taken to our chairs, each given two towels, and two tubes (for the lazy river). Andrea was our server and introduced us to Sweet Tea flavored vodka mixed with frozen lemonade....AMAZING! The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom clean (Kohler fixtures and Kiehl's bath products). The only real snag during the whole trip was that both my debit card and credit card were auth for the room. I would highly recommend that you confirm that you are not "pre-registered" so that you have time to verify which form of payment you would like to use. My debit card funds were tied up all weekend. I didn't hear back from anyone like I was supposed to have on Sat however when I finally connected with the supervisor (Ruth) she handled it professionaly and rectified the situation to my satisfaction. What could have been a nightmare ended up ok. Overall if you don't mind "reactiveness" verses "proactiveness" you will probably enjoy your stay. If they could nail down their service mishaps Hotel 32 would definitely be worth the difference in price.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank HotelGirl811
Ft. Washington, PA
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Hotel32 starts by being picked up at the airport in a limo and driven to the hotel. Guests are then taken to the 32nd floor where suite assistance handle check-in, avoiding lines downstairs. I booked a studio, which was about the same size as a Monte Carlo standard room with upgraded furnishings. Studios come with a shower only which is a bit of a pity. Studios also do not include tea/coffee makers, which is a minor miss.
Suite Assistants also handle pre-arrival requests such as having your refrigerator stocked, which is a nice touch. The 32nd floor lounge has complimentary breakfast and appetizers for dinner, with soft beverages available throughout the day. Champagne by the glass is available at additional cost.
Kudos to Joel, Enar, Ashley, Oscar, and Hilda, who made my stay more enjoyable.
Generally speaking, I would rate Hotel32 below Four Seasons, THE hotel at Mandalay Bay, Wynn/Encore, Bellagio and Aria but above many other properties in the city. Reader's enjoyment may depend on how much they like Monte Carlo generally. The complimentary limo ride back to the airport is a nice departure bonus.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Jtorsney
coeur d alene ID
Reviewed 4 September 2010

First off, I did not pay for my room, I was staying with someone who had the room comped but if I had to pay for the room I would have been disappointed. I stayed in a studio room which seemed to be very small and nothing more than a regular hotel room. The bed was comfortable and the tv was nice but those things are pretty standard now days. There was no tub only a narrow shower and the lighting in the bathroom was way too dim and there was no where to put anything it seemed. When we came back into the room the first night we found it to whistle and the only way to make it stop was to crack open the window but then you could hear the traffic but it was not as annoying as the whistling sound. Also the curtains did not fully close, thankfully a hair clip did the trick. The cool things were the limo transfer to and from the airport, robes and slippers, free voss waters, the small and weird fruit welcome amenity, and free sodas in the little lounge. Most of the staff on the 32nd floor seemed to be nice except for a grouchy man in the lounge one morning and I didn't get his name but if one is going to be serving guests of VIP status they should at least pretend to like their job and make the guests feel welcome. There was an issue with the Cafe at the Monte Carlo, service was below standards and as was the food, we were seated at a filthy dusty table and when asking the server to wipe off the table she reluctantly wiped off only the part in front of the person with me and didn't even do my side. The food was not bad but it wasn't really good either. The pub had great service and much better food, except for one bartender who was kind of a jerk one nght. If you want good guacamole go to Diablo's it was the best however the rest of their food seemed mediocre and overpriced. The resort fee was waived thankfully because although it includes use of the spa and fitness facilities, the spa was to say the least, pitiful. The jacuzzi was not warm and there are no jets and it smelled really bad of chlorine. The pool area at the Monte Carlo is overrun with small children and really bad loud music and some area's kind of smell like sewer. As far as the casino goes, I found it to just suck up my money and none of the machines would even play with me. I enjoyed playing at the Aria on 20.00 for over 5.5 hours where the cocktail waitresses were friendly and they were always coming by before I even had time to finish my drink from the last time they came by, it was by far the best casino experience. Now I would stay here again for free because who doesn't like free, but if I had a choice to stay at Bellagio or aria I would stay there instead. I have stayed at the Bellgio many times and their standard room is nicer than the studio at Hotel 32.

• Stayed August 2010
3 Thank harvickfan83815
Hampton Bays, New York
Reviewed 1 September 2010

This was my second time staying in a loft at Hotel 32.One of the best features was Lisa in the VIP Services.She could not have been more helpful in taking the time arranging places for us to go and directing some of my friends who were first timers in Vegas places to see.we definitely were treated like VIP the whole stay upstairs and downstairs.the only thing that was disappointing with the second trip was no snacks like nuts and chex mix throughout the day in the shot glasses upstairs.But thanks to Lisa we had a wonderful stay and cant wait to go back in Feb.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Debbiloft69
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed 13 August 2010

The price of the room was to include a list of perks including limo service. We gave the hotel our travel info and was told be at the curb at 6pm. The hotel forgot to 'book' the limo. After much delay and nearly missing our flight we took a cab. Hotel still has not made it right or responded to email.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
6 Thank mick0416
Toronto
Reviewed 21 July 2010

With the down economy, rooms in Vegas are going for some pretty attractive rates. But they get you with food and beverages. Hotel32 presents a compelling package: luxury, VIP treatment, and free food/beverages but at a price point you're accustomed to paying for a standard room in almost any major North American city outside of Vegas.

The studio rooms at Hotel32 provide the best value. Pickup/drop off at the airport in a real Bellagio limo (not a town car). You're whisked to the VIP check in. There's free soft drinks and food in the club room throughout the day. And you're taken care of nicely by a "butler" dedicated to your floor. Nod to Hotel32's Joel (I think he works monday - friday) who really bends over backwards for a floor guest.

The limo pickup/drop off is a very nice feature. A limo driver greets you at baggage pickup in the airport with your name on a card. He hauls your bags off of the belt for you and escorts you away. Everyone in baggage claim is wondering who the big shot it. Your drop off to the airport is booked to your schedule. No having to frog march yourself onto a crowded shuttle van that comes once an hour.

The breakfast in the club room was a great way to start your day. The free bottled Voss water was great to take with you while you're out and about. Dinner time there's a light meal served in the club room and free coffee and wine down in the VIP lounge.

The location is pretty good too. You're on a free tram line that runs north and gets you in air conditioned comfort to City Center, Bellagio, and Caesar's Palace. You're a short walk to New York New and then Excalibur and its tram line to Mandalay bay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo