“VACATION”

Ranked #24 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, United States
“VACATION”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

It was a wonderful stay. We had a time-share presentation and it was the first we've had the was no pressure from the sales agent. We really liked the place and maybe someday when it works for us, we will consider buying.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,503)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 15 June 2014

so good modern design.very big rooms and bathrooms. big window with great view .hotel had a swemming pool as well but we dont have been and we dont know how look like .staff very nice .hotel clear .free wifi near starbuks in lobby.

Room Tip: the best parking is on level 3.2 car parkings free and privet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Murchol
Port Saint Lucie, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This site is beautiful, with the understanding that it is an acquired site by Hilton, not built by Hilton. Staff were very friendly. I don't recommend visiting the onsite Starbucks. I was unable to purchase a beverage with "an extra shot"...REALLY?! As expected, the sales pitch was "high pressure" and we were treated VERY poorly at the end, when it was determined that we were not purchasing "ON THE SPOT". Pool is beautiful, however rules for beverages (brought to the pool) was VERY MUCH over the top!!!! We weren't allowed to bring a beverage to the pool, that we purchased on site...UNBELIVEABLE! ALL food and beverage at the pool, was required to be purchased from the bar, at the pool...a little ridiculous.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Tina S
Housston, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My stay was excellent. The hotel does not have a casino, which was perfect because I was traveling with my children, but was adjacent to the Miracle Mile Shops and Planet Hollywood, which does have a casino. My room was clean and the service received at the hotel was great. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We had a studio apartment it was just right for us. We were there for condo presentation. We went the morning after we got there . The tripadvisor advice suggested that you ask for a room on the 50 floor strip side worked. Our view of the city was spectacular! We left the shades open the entire stay. HGVH Booking agent suggested telling the cab driver to go through the city and not the tunnel was well worth it cab fare was about 16 dollars including the tip. Whirlpool bathtub! Close to a Walgreens for water and fresh fruit and McDonald's. Had nice breakfast at La cantina. Watch the add ons and person taking the photos. If you get the tickets to complimentary shows and dinner beware of the add-ons it gets pricey. Pool was lovely, staff friendly. So convenient to everything. We almost purchased condo at presentation but timing was not right. Will stay here again! No ice machine they in were only on certain floors. I did not go looking for them. We ordered pizza deal that was advertised in room for 30 pizza and 4 beers, when they came to the room bill was 57.00! My husband had added a salad. Ugh! There was delivery charge taxes, and gratuity. But hey you are in Vegas no penny pinching!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dorian C
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 June 2014

First time at Elara, but already my favorite of the Hilton Grand Vacation Clubs in Vegas. My wife and I stayed in a 3 bedroom suite on the 33rd floor with two other couples. Suites are very modern and our master suite was on a corner with beautiful views of the strip from the floor to ceiling windows in the bedroom and bathroom. Pool area is nice and comfortable and not crowded like most Las Vegas resorts. (There was no 8:00 am sprint to claim a chair). Customer service was excellent. We had an issue with our cable TV and a burned out light bulb upon arrival, but they responded and had both issues fixed within 15 minutes of our call. Although no restaurants "on-site" there are many dining options of various price points within the Miracle Mile shops attached to the hotel and across the street at City Center and at the other resorts along the strip. Will definitely stay at Elara again.

Room Tip: Would ask for the higher floors for better views.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Scott S
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel Thursday through Sunday and all in all it was a pleasant stay. They allowed us to check-in early, which was lovely and also helped us out with getting a relatively high floor with a view. That was nice of them to accomodate. Most of the workers were quite rude though over the whole stay. At one point, I got very sick and wanted to go to my room. I asked the person who stands guard at the elevators (seriously, they do that and you have to have your room key to get past) if I could leave my sister's name or anything. They said no. So I had to go BACK down to that area to get her. This is how most of the people were... short, uninterested in helping, rude, and in a rush. I did the timeshare special and they told me it would take about 40 minutes. 2.5 hours later, we are walking out. They are quite persuasive, so if you don't want a timeshare, be ready. The pool was lovely with a shallow area for sitting. The prices were OUTRAGEOUS. A bucket of 5 beers at the pool cost $32. Domestic. I really loved the location of this property, connecting to the awesome mall thing that also goes to Planet Hollywood. That mall was one of my favorite parts as well. There is a Starbucks on property, which was convenient. Just be prepared to pay the Vegas upcharge for everything. A water bottle at the gift shop cost me $3. Just be prepared to spend a lot on this trip. This property does not have a casino... they didn't tell me that until after I booked, so just a heads up. The veiw from our room was astoundingly beautiful and am grateful for having such a beautiful view. The AC didn't work properly. The door was crooked, so when you closed it, you had to put all your weight into it to make it close or open all the way. It was horrible. The sound reverberated down the entire hall. The shower was lovely, with a seat where you could sit down (I'm a lady, so that helps with shaving). I do believe this was a handicap room, even though we didn't need that. It didn't bother us either way.

My take on Vegas since you can’t actually just rate a city… it was horrible. My whole experience sucked. It was dirty. I suppose my expectations for this area were too high from shows and movies, but I expected more. The Strip is SO crowded you can barely walk or even enjoy it. The show was pretty good, but that was about it. I ended up getting heat exhaustion even though I was drinking water and not much alcohol. I got violently sick, causing the trip to get even worse. I advise bringing LOTS of water with you everywhere you go and a high SPF since the sun’s rays are so intense. This is the desert, people… come prepared. If you are hot-natured like me, stay in the shade as much as possible. Find pools that have a shallow area you can sit in and relax, staying cool while still being in the sun.

Everything will cost you an arm and a leg. If you want a beer, expect to pay $8-10. Domestic. If you want a mixed drink and you’re not gambling (you get it free then), expect to pay at least $15. Getting into pools = $20-25. Getting into clubs = $20-25. If you plan on going to several of both, I advise checking out the V Pass. Plane tickets are outrageous, costing me $500 and after doing research, that was a decent price. I would spend the extra money on the shows because that was the best part of the trip. All in all, I did not like Vegas and I probably won’t go back again. If you have any questions, message me :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends