“I had a blast!”

Brian Hoffman's Remembering Red - A Tribute to Red Skelton
More attraction details
Owner description: The newly revised show for 2014 takes Remembering Red - A Tribute to Red Skelton to a whole new level. Brian's expert portrayal of Red Skelton has brought to life more pantomimes, skits and one man routines that truly capture Red Skelton's persona. Laugh with Clem Kadiddlehopper, giggle with Gertrude and Heathcliffe, feel the love of Freddy the Freeloader. Add a little "Guzzlers Gin" and you'll be Remembering Red - A Tribute to Red Skelton, America's favorite clown prince.
Los Angeles, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I had a blast!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband is a Vegas performer and dragged me into the show and I'm glad he did. I didn't know anything about Red Skelton or his comedy but I left the theater with a big smile on my face. I really had a great time.
Mr. Hoffman comes across as a really nice guy and you can tell he really enjoys performing for his audience and I really like what he is doing to keep Mr. Skelton's legacy alive.

Visited July 2014
RedSkelton, Owner at Brian Hoffman's Remembering Red - A Tribute to Red Skelton, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Hello Grace C,

I'm honored to have met you and your husband who has received many positive reviews on TripAdvisor as well.

Nice to read that someone who really didn't know who Red was had a great time and left with a smile.

I think that's the best part about what I do is give people that great warm fuzzy feeling as they continue on with their lives.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A must see for all Americans”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Brian reminds his audience what it was like in the early days of entertainment and when everyone was not only proud to be an American but knew what it meant. An extremely intimate and comfortable experience with someone who's passion for all he does shines through. Not to mention such an excellent recreation of Red's work.

1 Thank BronxNapster
Hello BronxNapster,

Thank you for attending my tribute to Red. I really appreciate this review. What nice things to say about me and what I do.

Fort Myers, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Red is back!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Brian will have you believing that in fact "Red is not dead." He personifies all that I remember Red Skelton to be.
I wasn't exactly sure what to expect because I had just happened onto the Mt. Dora website and learned he was doing a show for them.
I was able to schedule a show for Cypress Cove at HealthPark here in Fort Myers, Florida.
To say that Brian exceeded my expectations is an understatement. He is a true, genuine gentleman.
Our full house of 150 discriminating residents laughed and were taken back to a much more simple time. Every comment was positive and appreciative of Brian's effort to keep alive the spirit of Red Skelton. Red would be proud.
Thank you Brian for a wonderful, memorable afternoon. Hopefully some day our paths and "Red's" will cross again.

Mil Puglisi
Cypress Cove at HealthPark
Fort Myers, Florida

Hello actdir22,

thank you for such a nice review and I was honored to be able to play in your facility. The people who reside there were fun to entertain and I do look forward to seeing some of them again some day.

Chicago, Illinois
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Red is not dead”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

hi, Brain looks and acts so much like the real red you think it is him.Whats also great about this show is that red meets every one at the door and seats you,how cool is that.If you remember red it is like seeing him live again. Brian knows every little thing about Red it is scary.Most of the crowd was older Vegas residents and,the one big problem with the show is...They seat you these big comfortable chairs and the air cond is just right and then the lights go down and so did I. After a long day out and about i so relaxed I fell asleep,shame on me.I don't know how they make any money for the show is not costly and i found a coupon for $1 for show. Again another great afternoon show

Visited April 2014
Hello ZARDOZ88,

Thank you for attending the show and writing such an informative review. I do hope the $1 thing was a typo because we have no such thing out there.
Glad you liked the personable feeling you got when being greeted by me. and our comfortable seats.

Mount Dora, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Direct Decendant of the Clown Prince of Comedy”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

How many episodes of the Red Skelton show did I watch when I was a kid? Trick question. The answer is "all of them". I can't think of another show, with the possible exception of Uncle Bunky, that I enjoyed as much. But after a run-in with CBS, Red was cancelled and he took all the recordings of his shows with him. And they have never been released since. So it was great to go to Brian Hoffman's Red Skelton tribute show tonight on the comedy legend's 101st birthday. He nailed all the classic characters: Clem Kadiddlehopper, Gertrude and Heathcliff, Freddie the Freeloader and many, many more. He pantomimed, he told a million corny (but funny) jokes and he performed Red's iconic recitation and clarification of the Pledge of Allegiance. He looked a lot like him, especially from a few rows back; the hair was the same, the voice was the same and the humble attitude was the same. Red Skelton was the Clown Prince of Comedy, as I was so pleasantly reminded. And he became a legend without uttering a single dirty joke or a single curse word. Pretty impressive.

1 Thank Tider777
Hello Tider777,

Thank you for coming out to see my tribute to Red. So glad you enjoyed it and felt I "nailed it!"
Always nice to hear about people's memories of Red Skelton.

Brian Hoffman ~ Red Skelton Impersonator

Travellers who viewed Brian Hoffman's Remembering Red - A Tribute to Red Skelton also viewed