“Great service, excellent food and atmosphere”
Review of Beso - CLOSED

Beso
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: The Strip
Description: Beso is the new collaboration between Eva Longoria Parker and Todd English at the City Center in Las Vegas.
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I will say that from the beginning, I was very impressed with Beso. I was in charge of planning a dinner for 14 ladies for Sat Aug 21, and Michelle at Beso was quick to help and set everything up for me, as well as address some allergies. She even went above and beyond and set me up with a great VIP host for the remainder of our evening. Cheers Michelle, and thanks for all you did!!

When we first arrived to the restaurant we were seated promptly (at 2 separate tables, which was a bit disappointing). Walking to the table one in our group slipped and fell on some water on the floor. The hostess that was walking right in front of her turned around, and barely batted an eye. Not offering an apology, helping her up or anything. A gentleman from a nearby table rushed over. Very disappointing.

From that point, we had set up a preset menu option, as we were told groups of 8 were encouraged to do this. Our waiter had no idea about this, and I basically had to fill him in on everything. Once this was sorted, it was all smooth sailing. Aside from the fact it took 35 minutes AFTER being seated to be served our wine.

The service was great. Waiters were friendly, flirty (as ladies like it), and the porters were amazing. We had a couple of lactose intolerant people and they were quick and more than willing to accomodate. Food was also amazing. We pretty much all had the skirt steak, and were more than happy, and VERY full.

Overall, the service more than made up for the bumpy start to the evening.

Reviewed 22 August 2011

We had dinner at Beso last week. Like many, we had a Travelzoo voucher. Based on other reviews, I was a little worried. I shouldn't have. Our experience was amazing!

When we arrived at the restaurant, the hostess asked for our voucher and then we were seated. The ambiance in the restaurant is great and we had a nice view of the outdoor fountains.

As soon as we were seated, we were offered water and we were explained how the voucher worked (You basically get to choose any menu items except for 2). Shortly after, we received our 2 glasses of champagne.

We ordered a nice bottle of wine – Beringer.

Appetizer – We shared the foie gras. Good but not great.

Salads – I had the beet salad which was amazing! My boyfriend had the caesar salad which was also very good but not as good as the beet salad .

Entrees – We both had the filet with bordelaise sauce and a side of asparagus ($10 - sides are not included with the voucher). This was the best steak we ever had. The meat was cooked to perfection and so tasty…

Desert – Churros are included with the voucher. They are yummy, especially when dipped in the caramel sauce.

At the end of dinner we received two invoices. One for the voucher ($36.40 - $30 as gratuity and $6.40 taxes). One for the asparagus and the wine.

I think that the voucher is a great way to try this wonderful restaurant. You get to taste different items for the price of 2 entrees. Remember you will get $200 worth of beverages and food for $79.

The dress code at Beso is business casual. Men can wear dress shorts and sandals.

We would definitively go back.

Reviewed 21 August 2011

I have to make a good choice of words here since I am afraid I will not do the experience justice. We are no strangers to fine dining. We have dined at great restaurants all over the world. I am known here as a Las Vegas Expert aimed at helping others to find value. We do in fact often dine without considering the the price of the meal and we just look for the quality of the the over all experience. I had been the OP of the Beso offer on Travel Zoo on the Las Vegas forum and after hearing a number of negative comments from diners who felt that they were treated poorly by service staff or offered only the lower cost options rather than what was offered on the certificate I offered to review the Travel Zoo deal. I hoped to learn about the glitches or source of some of the complaints about the deal that have been voiced here on Yelp, and Chowhound. With that in mind I will give you the best accounting of our experience that I can offer.

Our experience:

We arrived on time and received a pleasant greeting from a hostess with a lovely smile who quickly showed us to a booth. The restaurant is beautiful and has a very sexy vibe with deep chocolate browns and rich gold finishes though out. The decor is beautiful and the feel is warm and welcoming yet elegant and fresh. The crystal chandeliers are handmade reusing the Swarovski Crystal curtain featured at the 2009 Academy Awards. Talk about impressive recycling!

Josh our waiter was very knowledgeable and engaged. He made good suggestions in navigating the menu and was pleasant in answering any questions that we had. He was not ruffled at all that we were using the Travel Zoo voucher.We ordered strictly from the Travel Zoo deal without ad-ons so that the actual deal could be reviewed as it is.

Our meal:

Bread basket included pretzel bread, parmesan lavish, and wheat rolls

The appie:

Foie Gras on brioche French toast shallot cherry jam- Josh's suggestion

BLT salad teardrop tomato, iceberg lettuce, grilled bacon for me- Also Josh's suggestion

Crab Louie-egg, tomato,asparagus,cucumber, nice Louie dressing- for my husband

12 once filet- medium for me

20 once Kansas City strip - medium rare for husband

For dessert we did have an additional choice to try. Only one dessert to share was offered in the TZ deal.

cinnamon dusted churros with chantilly cream, caramel sauce

Our additional dessert was:
chocolate fudge brownie, vanilla ice cream with raspberry sauce

The review:

The bread basket was very nice but the lavish was the standout with the cheesy taste and a bite of red pepper in the background.

Both salads were great but the Crab Louie was an beautiful blend of flavors. The crab was strong in this salad and could be an entree by itself. It was a large salad with a mildly spicy Louie dressing. I would strongly consider ordering this or the Lobster Louie as an entree upon my next visit.

The BLT salad was fresh and crispy with bacon and small heirloom style tomatoes. The tomatoes didn't pop with flavor but they were nice. It's my taste to like a more pungent Blue Cheese and the dressing was a more mild than bold with Blue Cheese. The salad was tasty but I would try a different salad on my next visit due to the mild flavor of the dressing.

The steaks were the main event. They were tender and wonderfully prepared. My husband thinks it's one of the top three he has had in the last few years. They were extraordinary in flavor and very,very,tender as a goof steak should be. They would easily stand up to those we have had at Cut or Switch. Next time I visit I will add Beso's truffle butter option to my steak choice although it's hard to imagine that it would be much better.

We did not try any of the side dishes but they offer many interesting options and I noticed from watching other diners that they are large enough to share.

The dessert: Oh my!! The churros were light and crisp without a wisp of grease. This is not your local taqueria churros and the caramel sauce is wonderful with a rich buttery flavor and a texture that is perfect for spooning onto your churro! The chantilly cream was a perfect topping to marry with the caramel sauce. Delightful.

The brownie kiss was rich and moist with an intense and deep flavor of chocolate with a bit of ice cream on top. I think that combination is illegal in several states. it's just sinful. If you can't tell that we loved it let me just say, we loved it! I can't imagine that anyone has said it's "just a brownie". It's an fabulous brownie.

The TZ deal was $79 and included two glasses of bubbly. The bubbly was very acceptable Domaine Chandom Etoile Rose and a nice compliment to the meal. The tip was pre-added to the tab and they did add tax. The addition cost then was about $44. It was a bargain for that price and we will go again and again for the quality and service we received.

A highlight of our visit was meeting our true hosts, Dan Director of Operations, and the manager Roy. Both are gentlemen who really value their customers and service and taking pride in what Beso has to offer. Please don't let this restaurant intimidate you if you have the TZ deal. I am assured that each customer is important to Beso. I have said it before and I will say again, we enjoy Beso and plan on visiting frequently which means something in a city with so many dining options.

The only negative that I can find is that the restaurants acoustics can create a lot of noise during busy times. If you like the atmosphere lively it won't bother you a bit but if you want to have a relaxed and quiet conversation I would suggest that you visit during non-peak dining hours.

I know that the standard menu prices are more than some folks will want to pay but at full price it is worth it to go back again and again. Please feel free to ask questions by sending me a private message. This was the best deal I have experienced thus far from Travel Zoo purchased certificates.

The management did inform us that in the beginning of this promotion they had several glitches but the errors in implementing this have been worked out and the offer is running smoothly. Use those certificates and have a great meal. I hope your experience is as impressive as our was.

1  Thank Shrinkgirl
Reviewed 15 August 2011

My son and I ate at Beso last Thursday using the Travelzoo deal. For $79, it was a hell of a meal in Las Vegas.

Some recent reviews of Beso have been negative, but we saw none of that. It was 75 minutes from when we sat down until we were finished. For dinner at a Latin (let's face it---the pace is a little slower south of the border) restaurant, I thought that was a good pace for the service.

The room was attractive. The background music was a little louder than many upscale restaurants but it added to the atmosphere rather than interfered.

The food was very good. Comparable to or better than Range at Harrahs or the Steak room at Circus Circus with a more romantic atmosphere than either of those restaurants.

Beso is short of Prime at Bellagio, but the price at Prime would be more than the menu at Beso and no comparison to the Travelzoo deal.

In summary, Beso has its place in Vegas dining and is worthy of consideration for a quality, romantic meal. The room was nice and the service was fine. The pace would allow conversation and a little time to savor a cocktail or glass of wine.

Reviewed 10 August 2011

TZ sold 3,029 Beso vouchers. Therefore, there will be literally tons of inaccurately billed and unhappy consumers. In addition to the $79 that I paid for this dinner, an additional $67.75 was charged for this dinner. The only extra item purchased with the meal was a $9 side of creamed spinach. What the TZ deal does not tell its consumers is that the advertised 22 oz. ribeye requires an add-on of $10 per steak. Moreover, the other misleading aspect is how Beso calculates the tab using the voucher, wherein the voucher only covers part of your meal tab for the items offered through the deal.

Third, there is an automatic $30 tip added into the bill that was not disclosed with the TZ deal. Lastly, the nightclub Eve, is closed for renovations. Substitute tickets were given to Gold in Aria, where they attempted to charge admission ($30 for guys and $20 for girls).

As demonstrated, this deal is wrought with inaccuracy and misleading facts. TZ should incorporate several steps to prevent what is essentially consumer fraud by Beso on its patrons. Beso's action should result in poor reviews by all Tripadvisor (TA) customers who use the TZ coupon, and a resulting loss of reputation and business, so I urge all TA users to post their reviews.

The food was good (tortilal soup, 22 oz. ribeye, and churritos), but be warned that the meal with the voucher will be about twice as much as expected.