“Wonderful time!”

Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: The Strip
Description: Beso is the new collaboration between Eva Longoria Parker and Todd English at the City Center in Las Vegas.
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We decided to walk around Aria and this is where we ended for dinner. This place, being owned by Eva Longoria, I was skeptical. The dinner was a little overpriced, but the ambiance and the meal is worth it! And hey, we're on vacation, so why not? :)

The lobster cocktail was different, but definitely delicious! The lobster bisque was delicious and on point. The food just had this aroma from far away and I knew it was my plate coming. The lamb was magnificent, you can tell that it's Australian lamb, but still delicious nonetheless! Hubby had the grilled lobster tail, which I had a bite of, and it was a lot of moisture, flavor and juiciness on every bite!

For dessert, we got the plantains con creme and a few drinks to relax at the lounge. Delicious! I loved the dessert! Very different!

It lost a star because the waitress was a little slow and the host took awhile to seat us, which isn't fun when you're in high heels. But this place has beautiful decor and fun drinks!

1  Thank Cynthia W

Reviewed 9 November 2012

We go to Beso everytime we are in Vegas. The flavor of their steaks are amazing. I don't know what they put on them but I love it! Wow!!

Reviewed 25 August 2012

All very smart and the food, wine and service was good. The restaurant was almost empty though so the atmosphere was a bit lacking. With so much choice in Vegas, there are probably better options for the price.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

My husband and I decided to celebrate our anniversary at Beso Las Vegas. We are locals and like to frequent the strip on special occassions and go to the restaurants we've been most curious about. This restaurant had some great dishes and a not so great dish. To start off we had to order guacamole since we practically make that every weekend. I thought the guacamole was just okay. It didn't have any heat (at least not what we had) and it didn't feel like it had much lime/lemon or cilantro which we feel are key to a good guacamole. You do get to taste a lot of the avocado which is good, but in retrospect we could do without. We also ordered the queso fundido which is usally a melty cheese served with tortilla chips or tortillas. This was super disappointing. The cheese was very rubbery and stringy, but not in a good way. The richness of the dish was a litlte too much and there was a layer of oil settling over the cheese. I was really looking forward to it, but it was way too much and unfortunately we just couldn't eat it. That was a waste of $16 bucks. The fried tortilla's that accompanied the dish was good, but not the cheese.

On to the best part of the meal. We had both ordered Eva's family recipe "Chicken Tortilla soup" that was one of the best tortilla soups that I have ever had. The broth base was really read and so light and spicy. The heat on this soup was the perfect amount of heat and was so comforting. The dish arrived with the chicken, tortilla strips, avocado and cream/cotija cheese in the center, the waiters then pour the delicous broth around the center goodies and that's when the dish comes together. That was so good I wish I would have ordered two bowls and skipped on the other two appetizers. LOVED IT!!

The entree was just as good. We both got the diver scallops which was placed on top of mixed veggies and a nice balsamic glaze around that. The scallops had this sweet jam like topping and a peppery bacon. I could do without those toppings since the scallops were just that good. They didn't need anything additional done to them. We ordered mashed potatoes, asparagus and the jalapeno creamed corn which had a nice flavor. Everything was so good that we had for dinner and I would totally go back. Some people around us had steaks which looked really good too. The other disappointing thing was when I made the reservation I told them it was our anniversary and our waiter didn't do anything for us. There wasn't even a mention or them asking us if we were celebrating anything. That would have been nice to have them acknowledge our anniversary especially since I was asked if we are celebrating anything with I made the reservation. Despite that mishap the food was still good and the service was great.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

This review is for the bar/ lounge area. My husband and I were walking around the City Center area and saw the sign that included my favorite words "happy hour" from 9- close. As usual, thirst led me in and wow, what a beautiful place! It was very romantic with couches and pillows, and the beautiful chandelier near the bar. We tucked ourselves in the corner and was immediately greeted by a friendly bartender (who I later found out was from Hawaii, as am I, - that is the reason for the friendliness!!!)
My husband scanned the drink menu and saw that there were a lot of "girl drinks" - he couldn't see himself ordering the "Pink Kiss" and our bartender enticed him with the prickly pear ( I could be making the name up, but it has the word pear in it). I got the gimlet which was YUM!
We ordered the guacamole, the ceviche, steak skewers. We liked the ceviche the best and ordered another round. Small bit size tortillas (the size of your thumb) with shrimp ceviche, and lots of lime. Oh so good!!

The napkins have a kiss (Eva's kiss?) on it. Upstairs is Eve Lounge but the manager told me it has been closed for the last 10 months.

1  Thank honeygirl