“Amazinggggggggg”
Review of The Spa at Encore

The Spa at Encore
Ranked #4 of 156 Spas & Wellness in Las Vegas
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Fantastic experience, pricey but the spa is like a different world in there. The treatments were so memorable and really made me feel relaxed.

Was the best spa I have ever been to!!!! Amazing experience

All reviews
"vegas"
in 49 reviews
"tension"

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I booked the 80 min. Good luck ritual for my wife and myself and it was 80 minutes of heaven. If you can afford it spoil yourself and leave yourself plenty of time to relax and enjoy the spa for a few hours. Staff was fantastic and entire spa was top notch.

3  Thank txtraveler2009
Reviewed 6 June 2014

After a long week of partying in Vegas, and before a long few weeks ahead of me, I decided to take a spa day and get a massage at The Spa at Encore. I had been to Spa Bellagio before, which was nice, but this was on a whole other level!
First off, I love how the spa is accessed directly from the guest elevators, making it easy to go between the spa and your room for whatever reason. I also loved how the spa area is connected directly to the pool area. This made for easy access when I wanted to go outside for some sunshine and an exciting vibe, then go back to the spa to relax again.
I love the design of this place! It's beautiful everywhere you look, and really feels like some sort of palace or temple. The details were astounding (for example, they project water reflections on the walls for a tranquil atmosphere) and the soothing soundtrack and flowery smells were so relaxing.
The amenities are, of course, top notch. Cold compress towels covered in ice and cucumbers, spa water infused with strawberries, blueberries and pineapple, juices at request, different kinds of tea and healthy mixed snacks, bottled water and towels everywhere...and the most comfortable robe I have ever worn in my life (though I haven't worn many to be honest).
I loved doing the "water cycle" (there was a chart in the wet area that told you how to do it and what it does for you). The experience showers were amazing, allowing you to control the 9 shower heads spraying at you from all directions, as well as chroma therapy light patterns, music, and water massage settings. They also had great deluge showers, where you essentially go under a big waterfall. One of my favorite amenities were the warm stone loungers, which I could just sleep on all day.
The staff was very courteous and helpful, and I loved my masseuse! She was so kind and polite, but applied just the right pressure to release my stress. I opted for the Encore Signature "Blended Fusion" Massage, with an added Warm Oil Scalp Treatment and Hot Stone Relaxer. It was the best massage I've had in my life (though I haven't had too many "professional" ones). My masseuse asked where to focus and I told her the neck and lower back, but halfway through the massage, I remembered that my feet get a lot of stress. I asked if she could focus on that too, and she was able to squeeze in some amazing foot massages! I really could not thank her enough for that. The oil scalp treatment was probably my other favorite part of the massage, and the hot stones were definitely a good choice.
After my massage, I felt reborn. I did the "water cycle" again, and as I relaxed in the cool plunge, I looked up at the skylight to see Encore looming above in the sun. That's when I told myself I never wanted to leave this amazing place ever again.
If you have a choice of spa in Vegas (or if you're staying at Wynn or Encore), definitely give this spa a try. I've never felt so pampered and relaxed.

8  Thank DarkGhost
Reviewed 24 May 2014

During a sister trip to Las Vegas, we decided to dedicate an entire day to the spa and we're very glad we did. We checked in over an hour before our treatments. The pictures do no justice to this stunning space - the atmosphere is beyond relaxing and smells like a delicious-infused heaven. We did a few rounds of the steam/cold pool/hot pool/sauna before lazing in the treatment lounge.

My aesthetician, Dallas, was super knowledgable and catered my facial towards my skin and it didn't feel like a from-the-box experience. She gave me lots of information and slathered delicious smelling sunscreen on so I was protected for the sun.

The only bummer was that we would have looooooooved to use the pool facility at Encore after our treatments, but alas we were shoed away.

1  Thank Cait W
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 April 2014

After reading extensively previous reviews on both The Encore Spa and the Spa at The Mandarin, I chose to treat myself to a much needed obscene amount of treatments at both facilities. Yes, both The Encore and The Mandarin were extremely pricey whether it be a polish change or an 80 minute facial, however, there were significant differences, though subtle to the discerning clientele.
At the Encore, like a previous reviewer had stated, there is nothing left to the imagination. Bling, gold, ornate, over the top etc. etc. but this is Vegas. A bit much on the eyes. Upon check-in at The Encore, the first order of business is your credit card and paperwork while standing at the counter prior to being escorted inside. Contrary to Encore, at The Mandarin, the first order of business, though the need to check-in is understandable, there is no exchange of money until after services are rendered (so déclassé of Encore) they escort you to a quiet and serene area, sit you down while a tea hostess serves you a tea (in a porcelain cup) of your choice on a tray with a cold cloth. So civilized and the surroundings are understated elegance! But I digress.

Once I completed the stressful, much needed financial obligations at the front desk at Encore, I was then escorted to a " lounge reception" area where there containers of pre-chilled citrus water, Lipton tea in a bag, or a pre-chilled cucumber water. Your beverage of choice could be served in none other than a paper cup. I was disappointed.

I was escorted through the facility. It was to say the least, extensive and certainly addressed all the needs from dry saunas to wet, plunge pools both cold and hot, showers, lockers and changing areas. It was plentiful.

Upon changing into my robe, I then waited in the lounge area (enormous) where one can quietly (supposedly) read prior to your therapist collecting you for your service. What I noticed was a constant movement between the front desk staff where there was direct access through the drapery lined walls to an anti-room. Essentially, this lounge area was a thoroughfare. Not so quiet.
With so many, "ladies in waiting", it was reminiscent of the Seinfeld "Soup Nazi" episode of eager and hungry pedestrians waiting to retrieve their soup upon hearing the shrill voice of, "Next" which permitted their next step forward. Not so serene and tranquil of a transition point, more like herding cattle.

After then being retrieved by my therapist and escorted down what seemed to be like an I95 corridor with hundreds of treatment rooms on either side, lights, chandeliers, mirrors etc, I was fortunate enough to have experienced a lovely, and relaxing body treatment with in-room shower facility to top it off.

Yes, the facility has everything your heart desires. Yes, the facility is ornate and larger than any spa I have experienced, but Encore lacks the subtle details of civility and understated elegance that I prefer.

The woman in the looker room having an in-depth conversation on her cell phone in the ladies changing area pretty much summed up those that appear to enjoy this type of facility. The staff did nothing to discourage this type of behavior.

In summary, I am glad I went,methought doubtful that I would return.

12  Thank gatormotherof2