“Luxury in an Unassuming Package”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South
Ranked #11 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Luxury in an Unassuming Package”
Reviewed 2 April 2011

This hotel looks ordinary from the outside, but it offers great luxury on the inside. I spent one night here after a vacation in Utah. I splurged on a whirlpool room (which was still pretty cheap) and I was very pleased. The whirlpool tub was huge and perfect for watching TV on the large flatscreen TV. The room was spotlessly clean and included a microwave and fridge. The king bed was very comfortable and the hotel was quiet. The hotel is located in an industrial area south of the airport, but there are a couple of nearby restaurants (including one that delivered) and it's only a short drive or shuttle trip to the strip. I took the shuttle to the airport the next morning - it was right on time and dropped me off in less than 15 minutes. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank toberead

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Stayed two nights, March 23 and 24, 2011 in Room 341 and room 343 (two travelers) for business trip to convention center in Las Vegas. Rate was $80.10 for first night and $89.72 for the second night. This is a new property (six months old) just on the south side of the Las Vegas airport. The rooms are good, clean, large, good beds, flat screen TV, free internet, quite. Standard La Quinta free breakfast. There is a business office with two computers and printer. Front desk service was excellent. Property has two vans and will provide free (tips to driver) to the MGM on the strip, airport and the car rental center. Everyone working here is friendly and helpful. We used the van for service to the MGM and then the tram or bus to the convention center. This worked great for us and total trip time was about 30 minutes. Great value and good place to stay while in Las Vegas.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank CorvetteTraveler77
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 26 March 2011

I rented a car and planned to visit Las Vegas, Death Valley, Red Rock and the Valley of Fire. This Hotel was in a perfect location for my visits. There were plenty of complementary hotel parking. When I went to visit the las vegas strip, it was only a 7 min drive away and I parked for free in Planet Hollywood and MgM.
The hotel was very clean, very comfortable bed and very friendly staff. On arrival they give you 2 bottles of water. You have a microwave and fridge in your room and a vending machine, water and ice on each floor. In the evening they leave out free cookies at the reception desk and there is always a big bowl of peppermints. In the morning from 6 to 10 they serve a complimentary breakfast. They have cereal, waffles, juice, fruit, yogurt and bagels. Also they have free high speed internet.

2 Thank indico85
Rowe, New Mexico
Reviewed 23 March 2011

I'm a gold-level La Quinta frequent sleeper, and have stayed at over 20 of the chain's properties. This location is new, clean, and has nice decor. But the hotel is not suitable for travelers requiring an accessible room. I was shocked to find such poor accommodations for the wheelchair-bound or guests with limited walking ability.

First, the assigned "accessible" room was literally the furthest possible room from either entrance, an extremely long walk. What idiot architect came up with that? The bathroom was poorly designed with no hooks (really necessary when in a wheelchair), a roll-in shower with shower curtain 6 inches off the floor (allows water to flood the room), and no toilet lid. The worst problem was the improper slope in the shower which led to a complete flood in the bathroom that extended out into the tiled hallway of the room entry. I had to chase down a maid to get extra towels to make a "dam" to keep the shower from flooding again - and I had to clean up the flooded floor and hallway myself. The closet hanging rod was at regular height, not usable by someone in a wheelchair.

The breakfast room was a total disaster, with dirty dishes everywhere, the waffle bar was completely a shambles (unusable), and no coffee. My husband and I enquired what the problem was and received 2 completely different explanations from staff. Upon checkout I was asked how my stay was and I detailed all the issues we had faced. No offer whatsoever was extended to have a manager talk to me or reduce the charges for the room.

This new (opened Sept. 2010) hotel is in serious need of a management overhaul and the facilities in the accessible room were very poor.

2 Thank Dianne47
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 16 March 2011

My wife and I were vacationing in St. George UT, but flew in and out of Las Vegas. We decided to spend the day and night before we flew out at this new La Quinta, which is adjacent to McCarran airport. The room was spacious with adjacent sleeping and sitting areas. We never heard an airplane inside our room even though the airport is close by. The staff was helpful. The usual kind of breakfast was included. The strip was an easy ride away in our rental car. Best of all the room was a great bargain at less than $80

2 Thank Niezatycze
SLC, UT
Reviewed 15 March 2011

I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of this hotel. Be aware that there are TWO Airport La Quintas in Las Vegas, and I must have been looking at the other one's reviews before, because I expected a lot worse. As many others have said, the facility is very new (it still has a "NOW OPEN" banner hanging outside), and it was spotless. It is right across the street from the runway of the airport, so you can see the big planes landing all the time, which my kids loved. The soundproofing is pretty good inside, too. You can hear the occasional jet engine humming, but it's really not bad at all.

The only downside to the hotel is that they are so new that they still have a problem showing up properly on GPS and Google Maps. My Google map printoff took me to the north side of the airport, when the hotel is on the south side. When it was clear that we were lost, though, a quick call to the hotel put us in touch with a helpful front desk employee who very kindly gave us great directions. My Dad's GPS also sent him to the other airport La Quinta, so be sure you specify the South location.

Breakfast had a lot of choices, and was good enough. We never went away hungry, and a free meal is hard to beat for a family of five. The WiFi is also free, which is not usually the case in most hotels I stay in. And, the price was terrific. We got my family of five (wife and I plus two kids and a baby) into one room for <$60 per night! That is a killer deal, and coupled with all the free perks, can't be beat. If we ever go back to Vegas again, we know where we're staying!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Elder
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 12 March 2011

This hotel must have just opened and is very nice-large rooms with lots of granite, flat screen, very good breakfast, good beds, quiet, good service. We stayed one night on trip to California and this hotel had good access to the freeway without being right on it.

Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple