We spent one night at this hotel last week as a quick stop over between the Grand Canyon and San Diego Road trip. The hotel was very nice. The room was big, clean, modern, had everything you need to relax for a quick stop. The bed was very comfortable. The complementary breakfast was fine. No scrambled eggs, just hard-boiled eggs. But that was not a big deal for us. Wi-Fi was free and works great, which is what we were looking for. There is also a free shuttle from the hotel, which takes you to Mandalay Bay resort. Then you can take a free tram to either Excalibur or Luxor. The rest of the Strip you can either walk or take the monorail for a small fee. To come back from the strip, you need to call the hotel to come pick you up. This was a big plus, as we did not want to deal with our rental car nor pay the expensive cab fees again. We didn't use the pool and didn't go to check it so can't comment on that. Check-in and check-out where easy, the staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating.
Overall, this was a great little hotel, away from the strip. You can't beat the price of $87 all in for one night for two adults. The only issue we had were the very heavy and noisy doors. Most people don't take care and they let their room doors slam shut. We kept hearing the doors close until the late night and then again early in the morning. It made it a little hard to sleep uninterrupted. Hence the four out of five stars. The hotel should invest in the little pads to put on the doors, so they close quietly or change the mechanisms so they close slower. Then it would be perfect.
If you don't mind that and don't mind being away from the strip, this may be the right hotel for you. The free shuttle will get you where you need to go. We also stayed right on the strip for 2 nights before that at the Best Wester Casino Royale. They were more expensive, but you were right on the Strip and it was a pretty great stay. See my review for them as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South is located adjacent to McCarran International Airport (LAS) and two miles from the world famous Las Vegas Strip. Our complimentary shuttle service runs 24 hours a day to and from McCarran International Airport. We also offer hourly complimentary shuttle service to and from the Mandalay Bay Resort Convention Center and Town Square outdoor shopping mall. Our clean and comfortable rooms are designed to please any guest. Rooms are available with two queen beds, one king, or a king with sofa sleeper. Two room suites and Spa Suites are available for guests looking for additional space. All rooms come equipped with European-style pillow top mattresses, Keurig coffee makers, flat screen televisions with the most popular satellite channels, free wireless or wired Internet, and much more. Enjoy fantastic views of the Las Vegas Strip or McCarran International Airport. The La Quinta Inn & Suites Airport South offers five meeting rooms, for just about any need. Our meeting rooms can hold up to 120 people depending on the set-up. Our hotel features a 24 hour Business Center, Fitness Room, and Guest Laundry. The La Quinta Inn & Suites Airport South also features a 24 hour pool and hot tub, so our guests can relax after a busy day. Hop aboard our shuttle for a trip to Town Square outdoor shopping mall. Enjoy a pleasant meal at one of many restaurants including Brio, California Pizza Kitchen, The Yardhouse, Bonefish Grille, and Stoneys. Take in a movie at the AMC Theaters or hang out at the newly opened Gameworks. Shop in one of the many fine stores including Apple, Frys Electronics, and H&M, or pick up some groceries at Whole Foods. Our shuttle also goes to the Mandalay Bay Resort and Convention Center; home to Cirque Du Soleils, Michael Jackson One and the Mandalay Events Center. The La Quinta Inn & Suites Airport South also caters to large groups, including Sports Teams, Family Reunions, and Wedding Parties. Our staff is available 24 hours a day to provide whatever it takes service to ensure a pleasant and successful gathering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LaQuinta, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South Hotel Las Vegas
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Las Vegas Airport South