“Don't even think about it”

Fortune Hotel & Suites
Ranked #200 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We arrived at the hotel on April 3rd around 11:00pm. They first gave us an occupied room, so we disturbed some people that where sleeping! I returned to the front desk to gently complain about the situation, they gave us no apology just an other card.
The hotel has been making charges to my credit card until this day. They say its their new software fault but they have not returned the hundreds of dollars they charged me, who do they try to fool? Im taking legal action against fraudulent charges as of now.

Avoid this hotel at al costs.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Alek R
Mark K, Manager at Fortune Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

We have recently implemented a new computer system for the hotel. The software does have glitches and most of the guests who stay here seem to understand that we are only human! Yes there are mistakes made and we are really trying hard to make the transition as smooth as possible. But we are only human, right?
We at the Fortune Hotel & Suites are trying to make drastic changes for a better guest experience in all areas of the operation, so the changes are slow and steady. I sure hope that you conatct us, so we can rectify any charges. We can only help if you contact us! Also many staff are being retrained, or replaced. We sure hope to get the chance to serve you one day again.
Mark k

There are newer reviews for Fortune Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 18 April 2014

After midnight on the night of April 11, 2014 my wife, 9 year old child and I arrived at the Fortune Hotel to secure our prepaid room that I had confirmed directly with the hotel only to be told that they had no record of our reservation and no rooms were available. Another party was also being turned away at the same time. A bouncer was stationed at the desk to remove anyone who protested. I have no idea if this is a good place to stay but if you want to be sure that you have a room I recommend making a reservation elsewhere. If you do decide to make one here all I can say is good luck.

Room Tip: If you want a real reservation make one elsewhere.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank rOgeraf2014
Mark K, Manager at Fortune Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Hello,
I had sent a message through the tripadvisor email system. Please respond to the message I sent you. I will do what I have to, to make things right for you. I am sorry about the situation. Also we have a security guard at the lobby and throughout the property for the guests and employees safety.
These types of things happen rarely, and not just at our hotel. So Please respond to my message and we can get things right. Thanks
Mark Kunie

Reviewed 12 March 2014

My Husband, Father in law, Aunt and I stayed here this past week. We got into Las Vegas Airport at 1040pm and we called the hotel as soon as our plane landed so we could have the shuttle there to pick us up on time. We were told it would take about a half hour and that they would call us once they were on their way. Once we got off the plane we waited and waited for the shuttle after 45 minutes of waiting, we called again and we're put on hold for over ten minutes before we could even ask where the shuttle was. Then my husband hung up and called again before they could put us on hold again he asked where the shuttle was and they said he had to pick up two big parties and it would be another 15 minutes and they would call. So again we waited about 20 minutes and called them again they told us it would be another 15 minutes, we said screw it and then we got a taxi.
We got to the hotel and checked in quickly. Our rooms weren't next to each other though which was odd since we booked them at the same time. Our room was nothing spectacular but it worked. The sheets were stained which was gross. There was no hotel "welcome binder" that most places have. They didn't have a list of tv channels, local restaurants or anything like that. Our hotel room did not have a coffee pot like most places.
Our towels were towels that I wouldn't even use on my dogs, I would cut them up and use them as rags. Some days our towels smelt like cigarettes. Out of the five days we stayed there they made our bed once. My father in law's room wasn't cleaned until 530pm, when they were in the room so they just changed the towels out, never offered to make the beds.
The breakfast sucked. We ate there one day and the other days we walked over to the Tuscany and got extremely good food there. We went to the pool one day. My husband went over to get a towel and their pool towel rack (which was four shelves high) was completely empty. I paid attention to this every day and would look to see if there were towels there other days as we walked passed-there were never any towels there.
Our bathroom door had a hole in it. My father in law's door looked as though it had been kicked in at one point-it was all cracked. I dropped a piece of garbage on the floor while walking out the door quick and didn't pick it up. When we came back at night it was still in the same spot on the floor.
We tried to catch the shuttle to the strip one night and waited ten minutes because they said the guy was bringing towels to someone's room and then after ten minutes we saw him come down to the desk to get the towels. We asked the front desk to just call us a cab but they said the line was busy. My husband went outside and hailed a cab down much faster. We tried to use their kiosk to print off information about the hoover dam but that wouldn't work. We saw someone trying to print off their boarding passes while at the hotel but their printer wouldn't work.
When we checked out we weren't able to get a receipt until later because their printer wasn't working again. We were able to leave our bags there for the day because our flight wasn't until 9pm. I was iffy about leaving the bags there but they were fine and we did receive our receipt once we got our bags at the end of the day. We were able to get the shuttle to the airport which was nice.
Overall I wish I could give them a zero. I figure they will be closed down within the next three years.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank AshleyND
Mark K, Manager at Fortune Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Hello, First I would like to apologize for your experience. The staff at the hotel is now undergoing new types of training and will be more proficient in all aspects of working at the hotel. There are so many details I can go over here, but I would like to say, that major changes are happening to better serve the customers that book the Fortune Hotel. We are remodeling rooms at a steady pace, Housekeepers are now being checked upon and all front desk staff is being trained. We have new resources to make steady upward improvements to the hotel and the way it is run. Our breakfast has also been upgraded to provide certain foods that are fresh and good to enjoy for everyone, I have been personally checking it each day. I can say that we cannot please everyone and since I have been checking on it daily, we are getting positive comments on the quality and quantity of the breakfast we provide to our guests at no cost. The new management team is now in place and we hope to succeed in our quest to make the Fortune Hotel a nice family hotel for your Las Vegas trip.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed here because of the amenities this hotel offers. They were not worth the trouble. Front desk was dishonest and said they had a "handful" of renovated rooms and first come first served to them. They only had one room that was renovated by hotel impossible show who was there to try and save this place. I stayed there 8 nights and asked if I could be transferred to the nicer room but it was unavailable any night I was there. The rooms were broke down and dirty. The toilet seat was peeling and was brown in spots from BM stain where it was peeling. There was pubic hair on the bathroom floor. Ceiling just hanging on ready to fall from water damage. Carpet stained. I found some guys pants under my bed. After 17 times of our key not working upon our return we asked to be moved to another room. Another hassle. Staff constantly bad mouth each other and try and place blame while the manager hides. I called him on my second day there and asked him to call me....he never did. Every guest we encountered was upset about dirt, charges, no answers, etc. Owner lives in China and doesn't even speak English. The GM has no experience. Sad. The building is a great location, front lobby is cute but no one cares about improving this place. Nice fountains and pond on each side of staircase but no water in it. Nice bar but it is closed down, useless wasted space. Shame on this place for not listening to Anthony when he tried to help.

Room Tip: building 1 seems better then building 3. We had little to no furniture in building 3 and when your k...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank clocarla

Hello, I hope you read my responses to other reviews here and accept our apologies. We are trying to renovate rooms at a rapid pace and this will take time. We actually have a new management team in place, and the GM is handling the hotel very well! We are replacing many things in the rooms and there are too many to mention. The fountains in the lobby will be operable in the next week or so. The bar will be opening in the near future as well. But we are focusing on the family environment and room upgrades for the hotel at this time. The Television show did what it was supposed to do, get ratings. Please don't go by that! The entire staff is undergoing changes and training and will continue to do so on an ongoing basis, to keep the guests at a comfortable place. Like I said, It will take time and I am sure the Fortune will succeed in making the guests top priority.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a day with lots of drama. From the beginning the front desk people not welcoming and inefficient. I had to change the key twice because they did not now which rooms have two queen beds. That is a little sloppy but acceptable. When we went to the room it feels like the room was closed for years--the beds were covered with dirty looking dark green comforters. The tv is as old as 15 years. THE MOST IMPORTANT of all is the bed sheet were with lots of stains and very disgusting even to see it let alone sleep on it. I have taken a picture of it for the record. I paid 150 dollars for a day which is astronomically expensive for the service we received.

I called to the front deal if they can offer me a clean sheet. They said we will send you a clean one. However after half an hour I had to go in person to convey my grievances. They told me the maids all went home . So, what they offers me after that was a TABLE CLOSE!! Although I complained they I don't have more choice they can do for me. They cannot even refund me since I booked the room through the third party. I called here and there at around 2 am but was not lucky enough to move to anew hotel. I ended up sleeping in a table close!

• Stayed: March 2014
7  Thank Palmlo
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My family and I stayed here last weekend. The location was nice and lobby was great. It ends there. The receptionist took forever checking us in. In that time she had calls and was making remarks about the man calling that was unprofessional. Then sent us to the wrong room! The lady in there was kind enough to let us use the phone,but was put on hold for 5 minutes. So we walked out with my 7 month old baby and 8 year old in the wind and rain back to the lobby. She laughed it off then said "oh opps wrong keys". I was very upset after traveling for 4 hours to run around finding our room. The room when u walked in smelled like smoke. The duvet was stained with bleach and was wrinkley. The sheets were disgusting and dingey looking. YUCK. Then breakfast boiled eggs and hashbrowns...it was just gross and disappointing.
My husband and I was very disappointed for a 3 star motel.

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank chunka7
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this place for three nights.
I needed to go reception every night when I wanna go back to my room because two of my room cards were not working, which was really frustrated.
I lost my swarovski watch at this hotel. I left it inside of my bag when I went out and when I returned, it was gone. What could I say to management since I had no proof?
When I arrived in San Diego the day I checked out, I found that I lost my ice lunch bag in the refrigerator. I called the hotel and told them to see if I could get my bag back. A girl who answered the phone said she would report and call me back if the clean team found the bag. No responses at all.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends